Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obertauern at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there everyone. Does anybody have experience or thoughts on skiing Obertauern at Easter, snow conditions , I know this can vary season to season but a general overview. Family of 4, been to VT before just looking for some where different. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We skied there one Easter as a family of 5 - first week of April.
Snow was still good.
I really liked it there and would definitely go back.
I particularly liked that you can ski all round the resort so it isn't just going up a lift to ski back down to where you've just been, so although the piste km isn't huge, there is plenty to keep you occupied and enough variety to keep you interested.
Most hotels are ski in/out - and there are some lovely hotels there. We stayed at the hotel Schneider and would recommend that one.
Very near to Salzburg and easy to arrange transfers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
been there loads of times, early season and late season. snow is generally good even when other resorts are fading. not a big area though. I usually do a day at Zauchensee as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Went there v late last season with my wife from 16th to 23rd April. Even though snow conditions were OK, they closed most of the resort from 18th April, which was a bummer. In Easter, that wouldn't be a problem. Snow got slushy lower down in the afternoons that late in the season, but conditions were probably better than other sunny resorts I've been to in mid-March (eg Cervinia). Up high, snow remained in excellent nick. Was extremely quiet when I went, but we liked that. Slope extent is limited, and almost entirely above treeline, but slopes are on both side of the valley, so provide some variety in scenery. Agree with @Ray Zorro, there are excellent hotels around, which are v good value for the level of accomodation, food and service. I would heartily recommend the Kohlmayer and have read lots of good things about the Schneider and Steiner.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers for replies, look like booking later today ⛷⛷❄️❄️
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went in April a few years ago. Generally good snow but can be slushy by early afternoon. i think Oberatuern is v-shaped so one side is south facing and the other facing north. So need to work out which side to ski in the morning to avoid the slush in the afternoon.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wakoski, its great! I usually ski right up til closing day (usually about 1st of May)
If you are coming by car a few of the other resorts also stay open quite late, Zauchensee/Schladming are all usually still really good at Easter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Went there v late last season with my wife from 16th to 23rd April. Even though snow conditions were OK, they closed most of the resort from 18th April, which was a bummer. In Easter, that wouldn't be a problem.

Except that Easter this year is April 16th
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Yep...! Which I believe is before
Quote:

(usually about 1st of May)

I've always enjoyed a last May blast up there! Not this year though as I am a cheapo without a Super Salzburg Pass!

Typical spring, so corn snow or frozen in the morning which is loosening up by 11am and then gets slushy not long after lunch. So early starts and late lunches!

The lifts start to close in many of the large Salzburgerland areas due to lack of demand rather than lack of snow or poor conditions.
Summer jobs have started for many workers by April 1st so staffing can even be an issue at times!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@flangesax, Laughing Laughing Laughing

There´s alway DENDIX wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Quote:

Yep...! Which I believe is before

The 18th is therefore the Tuesday, smack in the middle of Easter week
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They will probably roll back the resort from April 17th, possibly, maybe, kinda.... they don't normally during the holiday as Easter week is the last hurrah at Obertauern with all kinds of end of season nonsense and treasure hunts and stuff like that.
It is still a peak week up until the 18th so the place should be fully open.

failing that... DENDIX!!!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@flangesax, there is also the XXL Riesentorlauf race which I still think we should all enter Madeye-Smiley Usually about 20th April, I cant seem to find it on the web yet but when I do I will be sure to send you a link and we will race (dodgy toe or not! )
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you for all replies. All booked up and raring to go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy