Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Groin Strain

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
During MyAshBash I managed to do myself a mischief which has involved straining the groin muscle which now generally isn't causing me too much pain but gets tired quickly when walking, and if correctly 'tweaked' causes fairly immense pain the whole way up my inner leg.

Any advice for such an injury as this? I haven't tried skiing on it yet but since I'm in resort and paying for my time I want to get it over with ASAP
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Groins are one of those soft tissue injuries that can take ages.
See a good physio asap.

Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dp wrote:
During MyAshBash I managed to do myself a mischief which has involved straining the groin muscle which now generally isn't causing me too much pain but gets tired quickly when walking, and if correctly 'tweaked' causes fairly immense pain the whole way up my inner leg.

Any advice for such an injury as this? I haven't tried skiing on it yet but since I'm in resort and paying for my time I want to get it over with ASAP

Are you taking ibuprofen?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suffered with regular groin injuries through 20 yrs of playing rugby. Some were mild strains to a fully torn ligament which actually damaged the surface of the pelvis when it detached. Groin injuries are horrible and physio is super important particularly pay attention to correct alignment of the pelvis.

If one side of your pelvis drops you will almost certainly keep straining the groin until it is aligned. A physio will assess that and give you some good exercises. I could eventually clunk mine into place myself when i felt it was out of sync. It's an unpleasant feeling for sure but does the trick.

You must stretch loads and get some really good neoprene warm shorts (Canterbury and Under Armour do some good ones). They will make you super sweaty but really do warm the muscles even tightly into the groin.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Only just seen this and sorry to hear it's still bad. Short term I'd be looking for a physio in resort for treatment and advice on stretching... Alternatively apply rule 5. Oh, and avoid any kids who are likely to barge you out of the way wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So today it got a lot worse. Was out skiing happily and fairly suddenly it just gave up the chase. Couldn't really control skis, couldn't move weight around, had to do a sort of bastardised side slip most of the way down the piste and get a taxi for the rest of the way.

Thanks for the advice above once I'm walking again I'll see about working on rehab!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds like a complete tear. Sorry to hear that. Expect a long rehab and trust me don't do too much too soon with a groin tear. If it doesn't heal fully it will go again and again. I didn't learn from my mistakes with groin tears due to being young and impatient.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds nasty and @jirac18, experience/advice is probably the best. Is it the same side as the pain/discomfort you were getting on the first day in Livigno before any other incidents? Shame you're not going to make the GnarbuG.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy