Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice needed on a ski resort for beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, me and my partner are looking for a ski resort to go to first week of March. I am planning on driving down from England and would like to stay in France, I have been skiing a few times and by no means an expert. She has no experience apart from a few lessons in the snow dome so my question is where would be the best resort for us to visit in March? Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am not an expert on resorts but defiantly somewhere which offers higher altitude skiing as it's bee relatively mild start to the year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Montgenevre would be a good choice as it is excellent for beginners has a good ski school and is one of the snowier places in France this season. If you are planning to drive I'd recommend Peak Retreats as they include the flexi plus Eurotunnel ticket in the accommodation package. They also offer three really lovely residences in Montgenevre - Le Napoleon, Chalet des Dolines and Le Hameau des Airelles. All three places have pools and spas which is good for relaxing the muscles after the exhaustion of learning to ski. When we "self cater" we do not spend the week cooking but eat out at restaurants some of the time, or borrow fondue sets from the residences - you can buy the cheese already prepared and just add it to the pot. There are also places in Montgenevre that will sell you a whole cooked chicken or pizzas etc.

We took my sister to Montgenevre as a complete beginner and she loved it. My children also learned to ski there.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Bevsy, have a look on Amaazon or second hand book shops and buy a recent copy of Where to Ski and Snowboard an excellent book that is sadly no longer published. Spend hours reading it. There are hundreds of ski resorts to choose from in France all offering slightly different things from knarly offpiste (La Grave) to tiny weekend skiing for families (saint pierre de chartreuse). I wouldn't reccomend any of those extremes, but there are so many other variables to be considered that I cannot make a reccmendation.

Incidently first week of March is peak season and IMHO is just about the best time of the year to go skiing (much as I love the week after the clocks go forward)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Two beginners need a resort with about 5 runs and a ski school; no need to go somewhere expensive (unless you're after the apres ski). Except, you're not two beginners. You're one beginner and somebody with a few weeks' skiing. Can you not find another beginner to join; it's always more fun learning with friends than strangers.

Both get yourself booked into ski school for the mornings and ski together in the afternoons. And, if the season continues the way it started, go to Austria. If you're near London, fly into Salzburg (about £100 return) and find somewhere less than an hour away (transfers, not much).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy