Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

weather in skiwelt next week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all i am knew to this, just seen weather in soll is not great this week with rain, does anyone know were i can see the forecast for next week, i head to soll next saturday 11 feb, thanks in advance..
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a decimated thread somewhere I will post in it to bring it to the top. Ask in there
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I ski from Soll every year and cover all the Ski-Welt area, at the moment, the detailed forecast on the ski club of GB website, (this is always subject to change), shows 8cm forecast up to the 11th Feb 2017, the good news is that it is sub zero for most of the period, which means that the current levels of snow which are quoted: lower 65cm and upper 75cm, should be protected. The present rain in the village (620 metres), will actually be snow at the top (1957 metres) and really only causes problems if you are on the lower nursery slopes. They have a great artificial system supplementing the snow if it is needed and these have been in use recently. The web cams show that there have been some fresh snowfalls, but nothing substantial. Whilst you are in Soll, if you do receive a dump of snow, get straight over to Westendorf, as the sheltered runs and slope direction normally provides great skiing and some off piste trails if you get there early enough. You can ski over - (get the first lift up in the morning), or get the ski bus around the valley to beat some of the crowds, (I think you will have the half term families to contend with). Have a great time and drink heavily.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks so much for your reply..
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We go on 18th Feb so fingers crossed for fresh snow.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skilass, you may be lucky, as according to the Ski Club GB website, (detailed forecsast), snow is due on Friday the 17th, 7cm at the mid station (Soll) and 12 cm at the top, with a further dusting on the Monday night. Whilst it is subject to change, the main thing is that it freezes overnight as this allows the snow cannons to be used to supplement the piste snow levels. The one concern is that the temperature is warming up, which results in rain in the village but snow higher up.

There is still enough snow to protect at the moment, but start early if it does warm up, as the home runs cut up in the warmer weather. By the way, if you are on early flights, (Saturday I assume), multi day lift passes for the skiwelt, start at 3.00pm from the previous day. So you can get a few runs in before the lifts close on the Saturday (4.30pm).

Good luck.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice about early skiing. We will certainly do this during the week (subject to getting my teenage daughter out of bed at a reasonable time!)
Our flights get in late on Saturday and then go back late the following Saturday so unfortunately we will have the scrabble for equipment etc on the Sunday morning. Not the best part of the holiday.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy