Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can someone recommend a place?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey!

I'm looking for a location to go for weekend ski trip this March/April but unsure where to look.

I live in London so need to find somewhere with a direct flight. It will be for 2 people, about 3-4 days over a long weekend and looking to spend up to £1000 for everything inc. flights, hotel etc (but the cheaper the better of course).

The boyfriend is a great skier but I'm more of a beginner so somewhere with friendly slopes is appreciated too wink

Thanks in advance
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was looking a week or so ago all the cheap flights seemed to be out of Luton. The alternative is to look on Ski Weekends and see if they have any last minute deals.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's lots of advice on here about places to go for a short trip, but living in London you're very well placed to get flights from Luton, Gatwick or Stansted. You should be able to get reasonably cheap flights to Geneva and from there you have access to a lot of resorts within about an hour and a half (Avoriaz, Flaine, Chamonix, Courmayeur etc.) which should all be reasonably snow sure at this time of year. Chamonix might not be ideal for you though depending on your level of skiing.

Have a look at hotels or Airbnb for accommodation options; there should be a fair few flexible options available. I am sure once you've settled on a resort you could come back on here for some recommendations as to where to stop.

Final choice is about getting from the airport to the resort. Personally I prefer to hire a car as it takes the hassle out of shared transfers and means that we have a vehicle to get around when there (in Chamonix for example where the areas are spread out, or if you fancy trying a different resort for the day), but you may prefer just to book a minibus transfer. Don't forget to include the cost of a lift pass and any ski hire in to your budget too.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You'll find the local tourist boards will have short stay deals on their websites, so check those out, too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^^ Ooooooh a spammer not selling kitchens Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Polkadotty, Welcome to sH. As others have alluded to I would book your flights to Geneva, you will find somewhere.

But 2 things to consider, depending on when you plan to travel consider the snow, a low resort towards the end of March may be far from ideal given this years snowfall. Also avoid Easter if you can you can as hotels are far pore likely to consider a short stay. Remember, to take a weekend booking they are prejudicing 2 full weeks. Also consider proximity to the airport and the transfer, check bus times (both ways) before committing to a flight. A private transfer would swallow up to half your budget.

I can vouch for these guys, and they include your transfer if you sort your flights as suggested:

http://mountainsunltd.com/short-ski-breaks/
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey guys thanks so so much for the recommendations! Much appreciated.

We usually hit Trysil when we're visiting family in Sweden but fancied somewhere different. Geneva sounds ideal though so we will check that out Smile

Also thanks for the tip re: snow and weekend trips. We can't really go earlier and stay longer than a long weekend unfortunately but will bear that in mind.

Thanks again
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy