Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden: general advice, guiding & lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi folks, I am going to Solden on 9 March with 6 friends (all male, mid thirties). This is a 40th birthday present from Lady Flash, so I am expected, nay, required to go out and have a damned good time.

I love skiing, so am rather more interested in this than the apres. Part of this is due to my hangovers being a) bestial and b) lasting days, at my age. However, we will definitely head out on a couple of nights. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

On the skiing:
- what's good on the mountain? Group of 4 skiers and 3 boarders, all advanced level or above.

- any decent off-piste routes (snow permitting) that I should know about? Lift served, as I won't be with touring gear etc, but will have avi kit.

- any decent off-piste guide recommendations for the group?

- can anyone recommend someone for a good, all morning/afternoon private lesson? For me and Lady F, as the boys go home and she joins me on Thursday for a long weekend. To help recommendations, I look most like an early Level 10 on the Inside Out Scale, and need some fine tuning on stance. Lady F is a Level 11 (used to compete gates and moguls) but has recently lost some confidence, and could really use someone who can shore her up a bit.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll be there next week so I'll let you know!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would have to say if you have any desire for après at all get to obergurgle for a day's skiing and finish in the nederhutte. Awesome live band at 4ish, leave at 7 - 8, ski down to the village and get a taxi back to solden for about 8 or 9 euro's a head.

You can get a lift pass which includes a day at obergurgle for a few euros extra.

It really is the best après party ever, and because it's done early you shouldn't suffer too much. Band plays mon, wed, thurs and Friday.

If you do this, you'll need to be in place about 3, 3.30ish to get a table for a group.

Have a great holiday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi @Onmebum, do you reckon Nederhutte will still be lively first week of April?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also try schrimbar which is nuts, then head across the road to fire and ice after. Then go for a greasy burger further up. The skiing is great can't remember what's what now though. Have a good'un!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Valluga wrote:
Hi @Onmebum, do you reckon Nederhutte will still be lively first week of April?

I've only been in January so couldn't say for sure. It's the highest resort in Austria so will have a long season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="Onmebum"]I would have to say if you have any desire for après at all get to obergurgle for a day's skiing and finish in the nederhutte. Awesome live band at 4ish, leave at 7 - 8, ski down to the village and get a taxi back to solden for about 8 or 9 euro's a head.

You can get a lift pass which includes a day at obergurgle for a few euros extra.

It really is the best après party ever, and because it's done early you shouldn't suffer too much. Band plays mon, wed, thurs and Friday.

If you do this, you'll need to be in place about 3, 3.30ish to get a table for a group.

Have a great holiday.[/quote

Best apres ski party ever in Obergurgle Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, I'm not sure about April, but the Nedderhutte in Obergurgl is great for a fun Apres. We stayed at the bottom of the floodlit run home 2 years running. The place really does get packed in peak season, maybe you could email them to ask? Dancing on the seats and tables is expected, lots of classic tunes, but it's the same each time, so do it once and it would be enough. You can get the skidoo down if you've had a few too many to ski safely, or floodlit skiing back into the centre at around 6.30 pm.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all! Looking forward to it.

Any ideas on good instructors/guides? I'm OK with French, but my German is pretty schoolboy, so I'll need someone with English language skills in Solden...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got back from Soelden. Nice-ish town, lovely hotel (Hotel Centraal - recommended, especially for their food). Skiing very unchallenging and area quite small despite their claims of many miles of piste. APres ski a bit crass, with lots of drunk, vomiting people - more so even than Ishgl, which I thought was pretty bad!

I had a lovely week of relaxing and cruising around (no new snow so no off-piste). Next time, we're going back to Ishgl, and staying at the quiet end of town as we always do!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

You can - but the Soelden liftpass needs to be a minimum of 6 days for that option to be availabe.

(at least this was the case at Christmas)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy