Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Åre - Feb 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quick snow report. Sunday afternoon was v warm. About 5C. Snow poor with sheet ice and lots of standing water. Rainy too.

About 10-15cm of snow last night. Pistes a lot better today. Sunny over in Ulldalen this morning, with good snow. Ulldalen nice and quiet this morning. Icy in patches this afternoon in åre and bjornen, with chopped up snow. Ice mainly a problem on busier steeper pistes, such as runs back down to VM8. The roads/rat runs from top of VM8 v busy. Light snow or cloud for most of afternoon.

Day in Duved tomorrow. Mr Bramwells here we come.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unseasonably warm at the mo. But looks to be colder weather and snow forecast. Fingers crossed for you
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good day today. Few cm of snow overnight. Colder today with temp of about -8 to -2°C. We stayed in Duved-tegefjall all day. Pistes in Duved in great nick this morning bit slightly sugary in places later on. Pistes in Tege less well prepared but still OK, with patches of ice showing through even relatively early in the morning. Weather good, mostly sunny with some overcast periods. Recent snow has really cheered things up. First visit to Mr. Brambles this year. Specials and hot chocs all round but needed to move the fire hogs out the way. Off to Bjornen tomorrow to see if I can take myself out on the kids runs like last year....and we'll have to drive back past the System...Shame!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wednesday was snowy. Spent day in Bjornen and parts of Åre close to Bjornen. Plenty of ice around especially on steeper slopes. Thursay was a mixed day. Bright sunshine in morning in Rodkullen but v windy. Icy on higher slopes due to wind but lower slopes v nice. Weather closed in at about 1300, with high winds and snow so gave up for the day. Lovely back in Duved.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@dobby, have the high zone lifts been open?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Themasterpiece, not much. H24 has been open a lot but not higher lifts.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Themasterpiece, high zone.open today. Quite big lift queues to get up there. Good skiing today but busy on main åre runs to vm8. A lot quieter in Rodkullen and Ullådallen. Off night skiing in a bit...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Always worth going up to the high zone when its open. Then lap the 1000m lift a few times. Runs down to VM8 can get a bit manic and choppy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Themasterpiece, 1000m lift closed until further notice I think. Shame because nice run and when I did it last year not v busy. The old two man chair must've given up the ghost....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just reading news reports and it seems a cable broke around 24th January (no one hurt). I don't think it was open at Christmas either so we headed down Tväråvalvet direction. Your right its old, but hope they refurbish it as there is good offpiste on either side, and avoids having to go down to the gondola again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Saturday night skiing in Duved was Billy Bonkers. Mixture of great skiers, those who think they are great skiers, me and families teaching little ones how to snow plough. Sunday was snowy in the morning and the pistes were quite busy (for Duved/Tegefjall). Skied until about 1130 and then home.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy