Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Like UCPA but not....alternatives for off piste week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of a similar set up like UCPA. I have seen snoworks, mountain tracks, Evo2, GBSC, ESF but they are mostly half day guiding or relatively expensive compared to UCPA. My usual trick of waiting for the snow to arrive and booking (which has worked for the last 3 years) has not paid off this year and UCPA off piste is all booked out for the week of March 6. Not interested in high standards of accom or fancy stuff. Just want good skiing/guiding. Can any one recommend anything - France, Austria or Italy

Cheers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 24-02-17 14:56; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BMG, can you wait a week? If so, snowheads off piste bash is perfect!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Gämsbock, +1.

The Offpiste bash is exactly what you are looking for. But the date is fixed. I've done it and lovvvvvvved it. I'd be on it again this year if I could have sorted it with work.

If it has to be the 6th, then the Gnarly but Nice bash will have plenty of powder and guiding too - just not as much as the Offpiste bash.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There is availability for week 10 for UCPA offpiste at Serre Chevalier via UCPA.se (Swedish website).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try:

http://www.offpisteskiing.com/courses
https://www.jagged-globe.co.uk/ski/offpiste.html
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Skiers Lodge La Grave - the one and only - no contest Cool

And it's not just La Grave, but road trips to other locations.

My first trip was with Pelle in 97 - and next week and the following week I'm with one of the guides who was assigned to me and a mate when we were the only snowboarders way back then, and over the years is now a good friend away from the ski season.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Does anyone know of a "family offpiste" course/guiding? I'm looking for something that my son (<10 years old but a strong skier and more than capable offpiste) and I can do together.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Themasterpiece, if you're not constrained by budget, some of the guides I know would do exactly what you require.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam wrote:
@Themasterpiece, if you're not constrained by budget, some of the guides I know would do exactly what you require.

That's like what we've done in the past, on a couple of afternoons in the week. Budget isn't unlimited Wink But I was wondering if there was anything more like UCPA / snoworks style group half or full day guiding for families? I presume you can't do it with Club Med or Ski2 or any other tour operators?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
UCPA family week could be an option next year. They run a few of these weeks throughout the year. Contact Action Outdoors or the UCPA website.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JayDub, I've seen the family weeks. Great value. But unclear or sounds like you'll be put with another family in a shared room (we are only a family of three). We are sociable, but not to that degree... Also not sure what the lesson/course options are and if children can go on an offpiste course?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Themasterpiece,

I would have hoped you would get your own room, I see your point. I would phone Action Outdoors the UK broker for UCPA, they have been very helpful to me and others in the past. I am not sure as to whether guides/instructors would be venturing off-piste with 'little ones'. Perhaps a self catering place and hiring a private guide for your family would be an option? I would have thought that many operations have an age limit on taking children off-piste. why not contact Oxygene, Evo 2, Snoworks and see what they say. You will be looking at about 200ish Euros for an IFGMA/UIAGM mountain guide for a morning, possibly less with one of the ski schools. Good luck in finding what you want.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Themasterpiece, Definitely phone Action Outdoors - they're really helpful.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy