Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trysil February 2017

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We have skied in Norway 5 times and this is our second trip to Trysil, the last time was Feb 2014.
There is a good choice of accommodation from small apartments to large chalets.
The ski area is lovely, good choice of runs, lovely wide peaceful pistes with relatively minimal queuing at cable cars.
Downside this year was the astronomical costs in the supermarkets, in the resort and town.
Norway is always expensive and we know this, we take all our wine, pasta, rice cheese, ham etc but even daily provisions such as milk and bread were 2-3 times the price at home.
Didnt eat out, wouldnt even consider it due to the prices but to be fair the accommodation is always very well equipped and so makes self catering very pleasurable.
Ski star is fab and makes the booking process really straight forward.
My costs:
Flights for 4 heathrow to Oslo with SAS were total £400
Car hire with economy car rentals, car from Eurocar £89 for a family Lexus (bargain)
Apartment slept 6, decent size, living area, bedrooms , bathroom and sauna (£1000 including linen and cleaning)
Ski passes and hire £926 for 4
So a pretty good price!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@warbis66, out of interest how do you manage to take food and wine in any sort of quantity if you fly? Don't blame you re not eating out. I was in Oslo a couple of years ago and paid around £11 a pint - it will be more now- and a small glass of rubbish thin Italian wine to go with my expensive restaurant pasta was £13.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If yiu fly Ba or sas you get 23kg of luggage each and hand luggage
So loads of room
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@warbis66, yep, true. Just need to pack the wine carefully to prevent breakages I guess!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Boxes of wine
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
warbis66 wrote:
We have skied in Norway 5 times and this is our second trip to Trysil, the last time was Feb 2014.
There is a good choice of accommodation from small apartments to large chalets.
The ski area is lovely, good choice of runs, lovely wide peaceful pistes with relatively minimal queuing at cable cars.
Downside this year was the astronomical costs in the supermarkets, in the resort and town.
Norway is always expensive and we know this, we take all our wine, pasta, rice cheese, ham etc but even daily provisions such as milk and bread were 2-3 times the price at home.
Didnt eat out, wouldnt even consider it due to the prices but to be fair the accommodation is always very well equipped and so makes self catering very pleasurable.
Ski star is fab and makes the booking process really straight forward.
My costs:
Flights for 4 heathrow to Oslo with SAS were total £400
Car hire with economy car rentals, car from Eurocar £89 for a family Lexus (bargain)
Apartment slept 6, decent size, living area, bedrooms , bathroom and sauna (£1000 including linen and cleaning)
Ski passes and hire £926 for 4
So a pretty good price!

You jammy thing. I booked our flights to Oslo last summer and for the 4 of us from LHR it was £1100!! We took a box of wine, pasta, beans and tuna - it seemed loads when I packed it but it didn't last long. The bus was about £150 I think. Stayed at Radisson self-catering (stupid) which was about £1500.

Out of interest do you know what has happened to Skytta? We skiid across from Hoysfjellen (braving T9) and just came to a dead end. We were trying to find the cafe, as we enjoyed it last (2 times). There was an info centre and the lady recommended walking up the slope about 250m - er no ta. Not that thirsty. Gave up and went back. So disappointed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thats where the new bubble car is, didnyou use it?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Unfortunately not, because we are only "blue run" skiiers and that lift services 2 x reds. There is a green (10) but there was a "Lite Snow" warning so we didn't bother. There is a nice little blue (16) and a green further over that we've enjoyed but we couldn't get to it. Hopefully they will sort that area out (which I think they are in the process of) as it's out on a limb at the moment.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bambionskiis:
Well, thats what i thought but the run over is amazing. I got the main lift up there T2 to the new bubble S1 then skied the green 48 down to Trysil Hoyfjellssenter, spent the morning having great fun on all the amazing green runs over there, so many and really good fun. Then skied back on green 36-blue 36 to Hogegga then H1 up to the top then back down on the blue 49 which joins up with green 19 back to the bottom. Such a shame you missed out on this, its fabulous Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you like Trysil you would probably like Ruka in Finland
too. I don't remember it being so expensive there. I think half board is the answer in Scandinavian countries though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
warbis66 wrote:
@bambionskiis:
Well, thats what i thought but the run over is amazing. I got the main lift up there T2 to the new bubble S1 then skied the green 48 down to Trysil Hoyfjellssenter, spent the morning having great fun on all the amazing green runs over there, so many and really good fun. Then skied back on green 36-blue 36 to Hogegga then H1 up to the top then back down on the blue 49 which joins up with green 19 back to the bottom. Such a shame you missed out on this, its fabulous Madeye-Smiley

That's a really good route. I might have struggled a bit on the red bit at the top of 48, although I'm pretty sure I managed it OK last time. My biggest problem is that we were staying over at the Hoyfjellssenter side so to get anywhere you had to do that blue 36 which we found fine until the lower section. It was like a skating rink when we did it and people were going down like skittles so our eldest refused to do it again. I wasn't keen either, so we cut ourselves off a bit (our fault). "Our" side of the mountain really is a green paradise, and great fun for practicing speeding up a bit. Having stayed twice over in Touristcentre side, we much prefer it over there as it's more central and the runs easier to get to.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy