Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A plug for Pays St Bernard

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For about the price of two and a half days skiing in Verbier, you can get an annual pass for the surrounding small resorts of Champex, La Fouly, and Vicheres. Here is the Brochure. Here is the webpage.

I have discovered this rather late in the season. But there is a good chance it will be repeated next year. I think what has happened is that the Commune decided that they were not collecting much money from the owners of accommodation via the Tourist Tax (Taxe de Séjour), so they have made paying it more attractive by offering the pass with it. You have to pay the Tourist Tax to get it. But, as a visitor, you can pay by the day or by the year. By the day, the Tax is 1.80 CHF, and the pass in winter is 29.00 CHF (total 30.80). By the year, the Tax is 54.00 CHF and the pass 119.00 CHF (total 173.00 CHF.) There is a discount if you buy before the end of November. You can then use it as often as you like for a year. It includes the ski lifts at the three small resorts mentioned and the public transport. You also get four vouchers for half price skiing at other Valais resorts (including Verbier.) If you came back in the summer you could use it then too. Some of the (summer) activities advertised are not charged for anyway, but others, like use of the open air pool at Champex are. And you can use the lifts in the summer.

If you like small resort skiing, this is a bargain. I think you may have to nominate your accommodation, so you might have to book something when you first apply for the pass, but you would be free to change your accommodation on subsequent visits. I have no direct interest. I own an apartment in Champex, but I do not let it. But I would like the area to prosper. And there may be some Snowheads who would be interested. As I say, a three day lift pass in Verbier would cost you more.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nobody interested? Oh well, I am slightly relieved. I wouldn't want vast numbers of people to discover these resorts. One of their charms is that they are not overrun by the hordes that congregate in Verbier.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@planeurge, we are huge fans of small resorts and I hope we'll get a chance to visit this area some day. They've been added to my wish list...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@planeurge, Thank you. Small resorts are wonderful and we have enjoyed very many over the years. Of late we have had the very specific need of accommodation pretty much piste side in a large ski area but times will change again!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Off to Champex tomorrow to stay in my brothers chalet!! @planeurge,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy