Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where in Europe has the best Snow This Year?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

Just found out i pretty much have to take the 11th to 18th of march off work.

Anyone able to suggest where in europe is having the best snow this late in the season?

Cheers

Matt

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 26-02-17 18:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm in Val / Tignes now and i'm surprised at the quality of the pistes and even some off piste and this is before a period of snow that's (fingers crossed) on it's way. I'd have every confidence that here would be great then.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's 3 weeks away yet so lots could change, but 11th March is when the tour operators' bookings start falling away (according to the reps) so you (a) might bag a bargain and (b) it shouldn't be too busy. I'd hang fire for a bit and see what happens.

Good time for a holiday, wherever you end up.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the Pyrenees that's still right in the middle of what's usually the snowiest half of the season, and although on the French side most places are winding down by then (for economic reasons, not snow-related ones), things will be in full swing in Andorra (Grandvalira, Vallnord) and on the Spanish side (Baqueira-Beret, Formigal-Panticosa, ...)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mid March excellent time to go skiing. Resorts are generally quiet so I'd hold until week before departure and see what conditions are like then and what resorts are expecting significant snow in week before you head to slopes.

Looks like some significant snowfall in Europe over next week or so anyway so you should have plenty of choice.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@dulcamara, we've just come back from an amazing week in Val d'Isere. Pistes were in a very good condition at the start of the week and got even better following a 10CM top up on Friday. This week's dump will ensure that conditions for piste skiers will remain very good until the end of the season. The pisteurs have done an amazing job and have created a very robust base on all the runs (they acted very quickly during the 2 big snow events to date). I have been to Val d'Isere many times in March / April. You won't regret it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
franga wrote:
@dulcamara, we've just come back from an amazing week in Val d'Isere. Pistes were in a very good condition at the start of the week and got even better following a 10CM top up on Friday. This week's dump will ensure that conditions for piste skiers will remain very good until the end of the season. The pisteurs have done an amazing job and have created a very robust base on all the runs (they acted very quickly during the 2 big snow events to date). I have been to Val d'Isere many times in March / April. You won't regret it.

@franga, i'm interested in trying Val d'Isere next year. what accommodation would you recommend? typically i prefer self catering and it'll probably be just myself and herself
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also just back from Val dIsere and even the runs to resort were in pretty good condition despite mostly above freezing daytime temps and sun in the town.

High up was superb. Especially over on the Pissaillas Glacier down to fornet mid station due to less traffic than Bellevarde / Tignes side.

Half a metre forecast today/tomorrow (and more still on the long range forecast) + colder temps which should see them through to the end of the season IMO...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@dulcamara, from what I hear Vorarlberg and heading west into Switzerland, or French/Italian border.

Or Greece!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dulcamara, as a general rule, on piste - for Haute Savoie, Aoste, I'd expect pretty much anything over 1,600m seems good. Pistes on Brevent-Flegere were in good shape at the weekend. Monterosa looks fine, as does Courmayeur.

All of which expecting ~35-50cms+ fresh >1,800 today tomorrow with possibilities of some more in next few days. Which would mean good pistes at least out to the 18th.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@memphis04, there is a large selection of very expensive (in my opinion also overpriced) hotels on the main road and around the front de neige. When visiting with the family (we have 2 young boys) we almost invariably stay in one of Le Ski's (niche chalet TO) chalets. I'll give you 2 hotel options : the Tsanteleina is where I would stay (have had 2 great stays there) with Mrs F - it's right in the centre but pricey (has a spa, pool, trendy bar etc). My favourite though (and this is where we stay on lads' trips) is the L'Avancher. It's a lovely boutique hotel with a great restaurant - it's a 10 min walk to the centre on the road to Le Fornet. It's reasonably priced and with a very friendly owner and great staff. Have a look at their website. I've not stayed here with Mrs F but she had a good look at it last week and she'd like us to stay there when we're next in Val. Good luck.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@franga, thanks, I'll have a look into those places.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Verbier has had 30cm over the last 24hrs.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chamonix reporting 50-60cms at skiing level... (i.e. Not the village...)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Courchevel 1850.
Verbier.
Val d'Isere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy