Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need to vent about a Tour Operator.

Poster: A snowHead
holidayloverxx wrote:
@maggi, my first thought...
+1!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grandma Sunshine wrote:
now now lets not hasty about who the toureo operatero is Toofy Grin
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Tea all over keyboard moment.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
red 27 wrote:
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
ah ewesbouldcareifthey survive. Running a business is tough and the. Ore that go under, the !eww choice we will have. People love to publically rant a d complain but are far less willing to share praise.

Step away from the keyboard and put your hands behind your back
Swiftly followed by another tea over keyboard moment. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a pointless thread. Name & shame.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hurtle, only counts if tea ejected nasally Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The TO was us (Brentaski.com).

Hi Alasdair, we’re really sorry that our arrangements didn’t meet with your expectations.

As you are a past client I don’t think it would be useful to publish copies of the correspondence between us or go into lengthy on-line discussions regarding this. Although, as you have decided to make this matter public, if you feel it would be helpful, please let me know.

As you will appreciate all clients have expectations and requirements and we will always try and go that extra step to fulfilling these. Obviously you agree that we did this in your case, or you wouldn’t have asked to rebook again for next winter. However following a full review of your experience with us, you are the first person (in many tens of thousands of clients since 1986) who we have asked to find another tour operator to provide your future trips.

I honestly do hope that you will find another tour operator who will be able and willing to provide you with your holiday for next year and I wish you the best for the future.

Many thanks again for your previous custom.

Lisa.

EDIT. I hope that you will alter your original post to with regards to us “demanding I repay the money” as, as you know, we have not asked that you repay us anything. But I fully understand this is an internet chat forum and so your many embellishments with regards to what actually happened are simply there to give an interesting, one sided, read.

Oh and as far as for what we would do “when there is a real problem”. You may wish to post on here to discuss the Icelandic volcano of a few years ago. There are members of this forum who we rescued: even though they were clients of (many) other tour operators, at no cost. An impromptu fleet of 7 coaches (only 3 with our clients) across Europe does take organising (time, effort, cash, etc.), but maybe this wouldn’t make a good read with regards to real problems.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This now has the potential to be anything but a boring thread, come on@Lisa_BrentaSki, publish and be damned!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So glad the TO has responded to this post in order to provide some additional information and balance. I couldn't really believe that any Tour Operator would ask a client for money back so wonder why this was stated by the OP??? Maybe just some sour grapes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Lisa_BrentaSki, If my business were involved in a message board fracas, then that would be the type of post I would look to publish. Good effort.
We have never knocked back an old client, but have deliberately priced ourselves out of the equation.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My experience of this tour operator is not an absence of willingness to do a good job, or even a failure actually to do as good a job as possible, but rather a lack of talent in the face-to-face client relations department. Not an uncommon failing amongst many service providers, it has to be said. The old saying was 'the customer is always right' and there's something in that. wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Frosty the Snowman, similar for our little apartment. Sneering comments about Ikea furniture and items not being fit for purpose ensure they will never darken our doors again. They will of course be let down in the nicest possible way.
While I would be miffed at the long wait in the airport, it does look like that was handled well by the company. Or why book again? What happened next is anyone's guess.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Yesterday I receive a less than factual email from the company president

Now there was a mistake. If he'd pointed the OP to a letter on a website, he could have deleted it when it all got too embarrassing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've worked with Brentaski for several years, taking groups of our clients to ski from Folgarida. In my experience they are far more flexible than a big tour operator, and the staff are always willing to go above and beyond to make things work. A couple of years ago we were in resort with them during a serious of very heavy snowstorms (the week before the chaos of the Birthday Bash for those who remember what it was like) and they were discussing with us a serious of contingency measures to make sure we could get to our flight home, all of which would have cost the company money. I was impressed with their commitment.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Respect to @Lisa_BrentaSki for sticking her head above the parapet.

In a previous life, I banned customers who I felt would never be satisfied. It allowed us to concentrate our energies on those who appreciated what we did.

This feels like a very similar situation.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Getting to/from/around the mountains has unique challenges and we've all had disruption at some point in our skiing lives. It just goes with the turf and if people don't 'get it' then perhaps they should stick to the beach. “The customer is always right” was said by Mr Selfridge in 1909 but this is 2017 and he wasn't trying to run a ski operation.
latest report
Fair play to the TO speaking up.
Negative behaviour by the OP (imo) sort of veiled threat in a passive/agressive way.
Respect for the company to speak up, handle the situation and put a non story to bed.
In fairness to OP, not ideal when it doesn't go to plan but that's the way it goes sometimes and at least efforts were made to compensate and offer alternatives.
Hopefully things go the way you want them to in future trips.
ski holidays
@Allysnow01, has gone a bit quiet Shock
ski holidays
Been with crystal and inghams for kast ten years and never had a problem... did a diy to solden and turned into a nightmare... transfer cost a fortune due to late flight...hotel cost more due to exchange rate as they would onky let me pay on arrival...not months before !!! Did mot save a penny... went back a few years later with crystal and fantastic... evem got a beer guide..
snow report
If I was cynical what I would do if I knew the operator used a forum would be to post a complaint without naming them, then wait for the thread to drop off the front page of the forum. Once it had I'd go back to the first post and edit it so that it now contained the name of the operator. That would allow google to pick up the bad feedback for the operator but with a limited chance that the operator could post a deference as they wouldn't know they had been named. However that is just my cynical attitude to these things so probably well wide of the mark.
ski holidays
There is clearly more to this than meets the eye - no way would a TO turn a customer away of all that happened was what was stated by the OP. Likely OP was unreasonable/rude/PIA to elicit such a response. I also bet my bottom dollar this was a pretty cheap holiday - why do some people fail to realise you get what you pay for? If you want perfect service, then private transfers and high class hotels are the way to go. If you can only afford cheap and cheerful then accept that is what you will get.

Good on the TO for speaking up. Also good on them for recognising they are never going to satisfy this customer, who is also likely to upset their other customers either by accident (i.e. taking focus/resources away from) or design (who wants to out up with an unpleasant and unreasonable complainer during your holiday). I see this time and time again where some selfish idiot for example holds up a busy check-in queue arguing unreasonably for ages and ages, attempts to jump security queue/talk their way into the priority lane, or trying it on at the priority check-in/boarding scrum. Or shouting because they have to wait 1hr for their shared transfer. Actually happened this year with a guy blocking the entrance to EasyJet plus check-in arguing with the staff that he should get in as he had some kids and lots of bags - same moron also blocked the Speedy Boarding queue with the same argument. If you want the priority then pay for it, of you want convenient transfers book a private one. There is a reason it costs more.
ski holidays
@Grandma Sunshine, @RUGBY PETER, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Quote:

following a full review of your experience with us, you are the first person (in many tens of thousands of clients since 1986) who we have asked to find another tour operator to provide your future trips

Ouch, that's got to hurt.

Anyone else looing at Brentaski website prices and going, "Damn that's cheap"??
Anyone other than OP used them? PM is OK if you don't wanna post it to the general public Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Quote:

Getting to/from/around the mountains has unique challenges and we've all had disruption at some point in our skiing lives. It just goes with the turf and if people don't 'get it' then perhaps they should stick to the beach. “The customer is always right” was said by Mr Selfridge in 1909 but this is 2017 and he wasn't trying to run a ski operation.

Whilst I agree the customer is not always right and ignoring the exact situation posted here, I disagree that disruption should be merely accepted.

Well...perhaps thats the wrong word, it has to be accepted, but the whole point of using a TO is to ensure someone minimises the disruption for you...otherwise surely it would always be easier to go DIY?

For the avoidance of doubt I'm not saying the TO here was in the wrong, depending on the reason for the revised schedule (which no-one has made clear), it may have been out of their control and they did the best they could to resolve things.
snow report
yorkshirelad wrote:
Been with crystal and inghams for kast ten years and never had a problem... did a diy to solden and turned into a nightmare... transfer cost a fortune due to late flight...hotel cost more due to exchange rate as they would onky let me pay on arrival...not months before !!! Did mot save a penny... went back a few years later with crystal and fantastic... evem got a beer guide..

Sorry to hear you had what sounds like a terrible time on the DIY. But I have to say we DIY every year and never had an issue - we pay for the chalet in advance, arrange a private transfer (they have always happily adjusted when flights are delayed), and for whilst we have an expensive holiday it is a LOT less than a TO would charge for the equivalent. I have had the opposite, where I would not want to go back to using a TO as it feels like I am locked into a sausage factory at the best of times, and when things go wrong even more so. It does take a lot of effort to organise mind!
snow report
Strax wrote:
Anyone other than OP used them? PM is OK if you don't wanna post it to the general public Toofy Grin
Yes, I've used them, and will in the future, for arranging group trips for our Inside Out Skiing clients.
snow conditions
Quote:

transfer cost a fortune due to late flight...hotel cost more due to exchange rate as they would onky let me pay on arrival

Hmmm, sounds rather more like sub optimal planning - i.e. work out in advance (before booking the flights) if late flights => expensive transfers (and decide if that's acceptable or not) and I can't see any hotel owner turning down cash in advance. Worst case, choose a different hotel (or at least threaten it)? Or buy the cash to pay for it in local currency today and then you're locked in if that's a worry.
snow report
I just had a quick look at their website, they look like well established and professional outfit. The accomodation on offer is 3* and 4 * hotels which all look very pleasant. They certainly don't deserve to labelled as cheap and cheerful IMHO.
snow report
Two years ago our tour operator brought our bus transfer forward which left us with around 8hours to wait (with young children)at Geneva for the flight.
As we had spent most of our budget for the week we went to the supermarket in resort and bought food etc for the wait and once at gva, sat in a quiet corner and made the most of it playing games etc, and to be fair whilst not ideal it passed quickly.

Alternatively we could have given the reps grief, demanded compensation etc and made a PITA of ourselves, followed by a rant on a forum.. rolling eyes

Much less stressful just to chill out and have fun with the kids.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rareperk wrote:
I just had a quick look at their website, they look like well established and professional outfit. The accomodation on offer is 3* and 4 * hotels which all look very pleasant. They certainly don't deserve to labelled as cheap and cheerful IMHO.

Looking at the prices and what is included, yes I would say it was pretty cheap.
snow conditions
Allysnow01 works for Brentaski and this is all a very clever way to get Brentaski's name to us and let Lisa showboat. Very cunning indeed and yes the half-term prices look surprisingly good. I'll put it on my option list for next year. Well done to both of you ... cunning indeed Toofy Grin
latest report
So all in all a nice advert for Brentaski.
latest report
@Strax, as i said earlier in the thread we have been with them 4 times and always had a good holiday, not gone this year as my daughter is focusing on her GCSE's but would have been happy to go again as they seem to use good hotels, in a non half term focussed resort at a good price.
snow report
@zikomo, I am sure you are correct, l've not booked a package ski holiday for many years so not sure of costs.
snow report
OP is quiet.... presumably preparing a long retort to BrendaSki

If the OP made up the bit about the TO 'demanding' the money back then they really should be ashamed of themselves and/or offer a grovelling apology.

If not, then let battle commence!
ski holidays
beeryletcher wrote:
Allysnow01 works for Brentaski and this is all a very clever way to get Brentaski's name to us and let Lisa showboat. Very cunning indeed and yes the half-term prices look surprisingly good. I'll put it on my option list for next year. Well done to both of you ... cunning indeed Toofy Grin

Bollox
latest report
Quote:

Bollox

No poo-poo, Sherlock !
ski holidays
@1hammer, at least you made the most of it. You could have hopped into Geneva and gone to the Natural History Museum for a couple of hours, or something as well.
snow report
Yeah, we have family in Geneva (unfortunately they were away that weekend) so have spent plenty of time in the city. Had no money left so just dealt with the long wait. no ranting, moaning or demanding something from the tour operator. We had a good ski trip and surely that is what the holiday was all about, not looking for problems.
snow report
I have to be honest, I'd be thoroughly, thoroughly hacked off if a tour operator took me to an airport 8hrs early and would be much less tolerant than 1hammer!!

Anyway, back on topic - I only check this thread to see if the OP has made a reappearance!! Laughing
snow report
The OP (me) travels a lot so don't spend enough time on this website, so I'll hang my head in shame and accept the public damning.

My initial post was accurate, fair and precise. No I was not rude or unreasonable, however maybe a PIA as I politely complained about the last minute changes and the impact it would have had on my family. Quite reasonable.

There was a demand from the Company president to return the money, I had intentionally not included specifics or names of people or the name of the TO, however I'll play..

"On a final point may I ask that you refund our €75 (approx. £62......"

I'm drawing a line under this and moving on, my annoyance in reflection is directed towards the attitude of the co. President.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy