Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Ax Les Thermes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going out next Thursday evening via Toulouse for 4 days skiing. As we're on a later flight I plumped for a close resort and have had my eye on Ax for a while. It's due a major dump before we're there and maybe even while we're there looking at long range forecasts which is great as I've heard the off piste is excellent when the snow is good. However, from my research I know it doesn't take much for them to close some of the lifts and runs. Anyone got any background info and tops? We'll definitely a day out at Porte Puymorens as it looks good there too and perhaps quieter and less of a journey than Pas de la Casa, the closest Andorran resort. Again, any help with PP or the area in general much appreciated. I'm not new to the Pyrenees, having done Baqueira years ago (too much snow!!!), La Mongie/Tormalet and Masella so looking forward to trying out a less know resort. snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ignatius wrote:
We'll definitely a day out at Porte Puymorens as it looks [...] perhaps quieter [...] than Pas de la Casa, the closest Andorran resort.

Well that's the understatement of the year! Very Happy

I really enjoyed Ax, and Porté Puymorens would be a nice adventure for a day, given it seems that you (like me) are a bit of an explorer. PP is a curious mix of easy stuff and genuinely steep stuff and occupies a rather beautiful setting. It's a step back in time though, and don't go expecting any culinary marvels on the mountain. It's very much a locals resort, with the authenticity and the lack of services that that implies. If it's open, be sure to do the Balade off-piste run off the back; they offer a shuttle bus to collect you from the Pas road where you end up. It's a supplement that you need to pay for when buying your day pass. It seems plausible that they might only open Balade at the weekend; could be worth contacting them in advance to ask.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that. I've seen footage of people doing Balade and wondered how they got back! One of the reasons I go off the beaten track with resorts is for the lack of frills. After all, we're there to ski and there's always somewhere to grab a beer wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy