Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier looking to avoid single persons supplement; St Anton 26 Mar 17

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone interested?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe
Single supplements are annoying
Yes maybe interested because
I'm looking for a trip in March
But haven't found or booked yet
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LeonSkiBug wrote:

Single supplements are annoying
Yes maybe interested because
I'm looking for a trip in March
But haven't found or booked yet
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Leon, I was interested in http://www.skitotal.com/chalets/chalet-aitken/
Never been to St Anton but sounds good.
All the usual ski partners cant make it and I need to ski again this year!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Phil have you found anybody to go with yet Im looking at getting away for a week but nobody to go with I'm 53 and an expert skier
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Leon, I'm 56, expert too, it might work? What do you think about the deal? Are you OK for Manchester? If you are still interested perhaps you could give me a call on 07791 920815.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skier100. Sorry just realised you are not Leon! New to this Snowheads stuff! I am still interested in going to St anton. If you are too give me a call please. 07791 920815
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Guys

I'm not so expert more in the beginner realms

Hope you pair up and have a champagne time

thanks
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Phil I've been to St Anton its a great resort such an easy place to get to short transfer about an hour and a half.where do you live I live near Durham so I would want to fly from Newcastle but can easily meet up in Insbruck if you fly from Manchester.What are the exact dates you want to go?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi. Quite keen on going in the Aitken Chalet on the last deal for this accommodation. http://www.skitotal.com/chalets/chalet-aitken/
The only available date and airport is 26 Mar 17 and Manchester. But if you can find another deal I would certainly consider it. (Even Newcastle airport)
I live in Sheffield so Manchester is actually ideal for me though!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi Phil I have just looked at it and the only available flights are from Manchester which departs at 7;20 in the morning which would make it really difficult for me.
My name is Kev
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Newcastle is such a crap airport
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Kev, yes that is a bit awkward for you after looking at the map, you would have to leave at about 3 in the morning to get there! It might not work out for us then? I will look for an alternative deal, but I think I have set my heart on St Anton now. Let me know if you can find anything else, we still might make it work.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Phil I have looked at getting the train into the airport but there is nothing that goes that early in the morning,its a shame the flight is so early in the morning.I loved St Anton it has a great apes ski as well,the only downside is the pistes are not connected to Lech which you have to get a bus to,but still quite impressive,let me know if you find anything else,I am still looking as well,it would be good to ski with another good skier which I have not done for a long time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Found a couple of others, but are from Birmingham on Saturday. No idea of the flight times though? If you're interested I could try calling tomorrow? e.g.http://www.stantonchalets.co.uk/st-anton/gampen?pid=4682&bbid=1&txtdep=25%20Mar%2017&adlts=2&chld=0&inft=0&asuppltID=152037&deptCode=BHX
snow report
defo interested Birmingham is a lot further for you though
ski holidays
just wondering if they will the Saturday one with out the flight for me and then I can price a flight to Newcastle and meet you at innsbruck airport
snow report
Birminghams fine no problem. You could check out the possibility of flying seperately but I wouldnt expect a reduction in price. They might be OK with it though? Can you enquire a.s.a.p. and let me know.
snow report
I will check tomorrow Phil it will be a shame if it is not possible
ski holidays
Morning Kev. I know this is only one I have looked at, but there are flights from Manchester at 11.10 on the Saturday for the chalet I found last night,
https://booking.inghams.co.uk/book/room-options?programCode=GBINA&tourOpCode=INGH&catalogue=010&obArrGateway=ATAN&propertyCode=ATAN0125ACC&boardBasis=SD&unitCode=A5&transportType=FLT&obDepGateway=MAN&departureDate=25%2F3%2F2017&duration=7&adults=2&children=0&childages=&accommodationNode=8979
I have checked but none from Newcastle shown as available.
Would you consider flights at this time of the day from Manchester?
I know you would have a 2½hr drive but I am over an hour away going over the Snake Pass?
No problem if not, but yes it would be shame if we cant work something out.
snow conditions
Hi Phil Sorry I have been busy all day.
If I can fly from manchester I will be getting the train down as my partner needs the car for work.I will check the train times again.The other option is flying from Newcaslte,I know you said there is nothing showing but I will get i touch with Crystal ski because they do flights from Newcastle as I have been to Austria before with them.
Im on the case now.
snow report
Hi Phil
I can get the train down if u r still wanting to go
Kev
latest report
That's great news, definitely on for it! Sound like you have been unable to get flights from Newcastle then?
Next step is to agree on a Chalet and get it booked quick.
I do like the sound of these Chalets https://www.inghams.co.uk/ski-holidays/ski-resorts/austria/arlberg-ski-area/st-anton/chalet-rendl-mountain-lodge but they are uphill from town (12 mins) and need a bus to the lifts. You probably know better whether they are in an OK position. Could we ski in at the end of the day?
Can you have a look and let me know what you think, or if you can find something better.
I think we will then need to speak. Can you call me on 07791 920 815 when you get chance.
Any thoughts on how we can sort out payment?
Phil
ski holidays
All sorted we go on the 25th. Thanx snowheads
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy