Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ankle plates and skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well given I now have a metal plate and 7 screws holding my ankle (fibula) together I was wondering how folks with similar have got on with their ski boots once back to fitness, I'm guessing at least a new liner will be needed as I guess my ankle is a different shape now.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I needed a hole cut out the liner and for the shell to be expanded around the ankle and then it was fine. Was impossibly painful prior to the adjustments
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, looks like there will be a trip down to Lockwoods once I'm mobile again, though will also have a word with the rehab folks to see if they think it should stay in or be taken out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davkt, let things settle properly before adjusting anything.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Hells Bells, It will be late summer / early autumn before I can even think about putting on boots again, just wondering what to expect! All the enforced sitting around is giving me too much tinking time!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 11-03-17 22:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There seems to be loads of debate about whether to leave the screws in, I have a plate and 7 screws too put in in May when broke tib and fib and was told I can't get them taken out for a minimum of 18months whatever. They seem, in france at least, keen to take them out eventually but I think if all feels fine why go through another surgery unless necessary! I was really worried about skiing this season but it has been great once the boots were adjusted. Good luck with rehab etc, it's a horrible injury but there is light at the end of the tunnel!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@julietp, I'm sure I'll get good advice from Wimbledon Clinic when I see them regardless of what the NHS intend to keep things simple. Have already had a bit of a falling out with the hospital physios who were clearly of the mindset that at 52 years old all they need do for me is sort me so I can hobble down the shops with a walking stick and they seemed rather surprised that my plan was to be back running, cycling, skiing and offshore yacht racing once fixed!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Broke my ankle a few years ago. I think I was in plaster for 2 months, was cycling again one the plaster came off and skiing at the start of the season (so 6 months off). However I had a huge amount of pain and bruising every time I put weight on my ankle. It was ok in ski boots but I was at the hobbling to the shops stage. Had the plates out, about a month to hike again but no improvement in pain. Another couple of years of hobbling around then doctor recommended some quack new age treatment which seems to have fixed things more or less. Still have some pain 12 years on and a weak left ankle. Basically running isn't for me now.

I didn't have the liner of my boots adjusted, it didn't even occur to me, isn't that why the liners are padded a bit?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mine are thermal moulded liners so if the shape of my ankle has changed there are going to be problems!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davkt wrote:
Mine are thermal moulded liners so if the shape of my ankle has changed there are going to be problems!

Nah, they'll remould with wear. The only liners that will cause issues are those foam injected ones.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hey I suggest you to seek advice from a good doctor about this issue.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy