Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going solo to Flaine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there Snowheads
After reading some excellent reviews about flaine and the UCPA I'm thinking that the value that's on offer is to good to be true
Any opinions or advice about these trips greatly appreciated
Cheers
Leon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is my first ever post on here! Shocked Shocked Shocked I went to Flaine and stayed at the UCPA about 10 years ago. Couldn't fault it for what it is and the skiing is good too. Stayed in the UCPA in L2A a couple of times since and had the same opinion. Went back this year on an off-piste course with Ski Club GB. Skiing is still great and there's plenty of off-piste if that's your thing. Got back last weekend and there's been tonnes of snow. It's generally not a resort that's popular with the Brits and though there's a few bars, it's not apres-central. UCPA bar was a nice level of lively though when I was there those years ago. I also noticed there was definitely more skiers than boarders. Maybe even as far as a 90%/10% split. One other benefit is if you're flying to Geneva, the transfer is relatively short at about 90 mins.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi thanks for the post N.Monkey Where is L2A? At a guess id say les deus alps?
Cheers for your words

Leon
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, Les Deux Alpes. Sorry, was trying to be cool Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LeonSkiBug, Hi, I've been to both places LDA twice and Flaine 7 times! But never to a UPCA I'm too old!
When are you thinking of going, Flaine isn't too high and will get quite soft towards the end of the season of your thinking of this year, but it is mainly a north facing bowl, if you plan where to ski during the day it's fine, the latest we've been there is 28th March.
You don't say what type of skier you are, off piste can be dangerous in the Flaine bowl as it's got a lot of crevices, the rest of the GM is fine if the links are open.
Flaine is quiet at night with a couple of bars if you venture out.
Without wanting to diss LDA it's not my favourite place, but I would go back if I was going towards the end of the season as it's higher and has the glacier and will be more snow sure, I've found the resort and the skiers on piste a little bit agresive, it may have been due to a lot of students being there on uni organised trips.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Geoffknight
Thanks for the words
I'm a beginner skier who has been on four trips and had amazing experiences each time
There's nothing quite like it!!!
but unfortunately not for the last 3 seasons. Not much snow in London

I'm trying to find a decent trip with lessons and experienced Skiers
As a solo traveller because current friends aren't available for mountain fun

The UCPA to flaine looks good
Value
Cheers
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LeonSkiBug, hi on that basis I would definitely say Flaine for you, if you do go the only bits to be aware of on piste are if you go over towards the other resorts up the Grand Van lift, you will need to come back down Tourmaline which runs under the lift, it can be a bun fight at the end of the day, particularly the last bit into Flaine Forum, if we we've used it we used to get on to the yoghurt pot lifts and download. Best advice is to go over first and come back after lunch to avoid the crowds, and finish your day off in the Flaine bowl, there's some great confidence building runs there, Crystal, Serpentine on one side and Mephisto on the other, although it has one short but steep schuss if you take it from the top of the DMC ( gondola)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy