Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Alpine Huts (CAS) - Reciprocal Agreements

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering how to avail of the discounts on hut costs through the Reciprocal agreement for mountain huts in Europe. On the British Mountaineering Club website (whom I'm a member of and have insurance through) it says they have an agreement with many countries including Switzerland.

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/get-alpine-hut-discounts-with-a-reciprocal-rights-card?s=4

But on the Swiss website the BMC is not listed, only the Alpine Club?

http://www.sac-cas.ch/en/huts/hut-information.html (click the link on the right "reciprocal agreement info")

we're heading off on the Haute Route Monday and want to keep the costs down. Another option is joining the Austrian Alpine Club but that website is pretty complicated and it may be too late to sign up?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have used our BMC membership cards in Swiss huts, some will accept it and a British Mountain Guide is handy to smooth this process. Not tried it recently but the BMC used to provide a reciprocal rights card which I think you had to pay for.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Certainly you used to have pay for a reciprocal rights card via the BMC. Best way is to join the Austria Alpine Club "Sektion Britannia" - https://aacuk.org.uk/ (simple enough to do)
Also has the benefit of insurance that covers you for all sorts of mountain activities.

However - given that you are going on Monday, you have probably left it too late to sort anything!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ronanh, they will sometimes (often?) accept a BMC membership card, so it's worth a shot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy