Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kastle FX95 HP v Stockli Stormrider 97

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After a b@lls-up with ski carriage (Mark Warner say flight allowance is full, despite not warning me this might be an issue) I have to hire skis next week in St Anton. Looking at mid-fat all mountain jobs and have it boiled down to (I think) a choice between Castle FX95 HP & Stockli Stormrider 97. Anyone have experience with either, preferably both, or any other similar suggestions? Many thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I had your choice...which is excellent btw.....I would go for the Stockli. I haven't been on either, but read a lot of comments/reviews.

If you don't like what you've chosen, they should let you change.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Old Fartbag, thanks. Forgot to say I'm a strong & fast advanced piste skier, intermediate improving off-piste. Given the forecast the off-piste will be skied out so probably drop down to the Stormrider 88's. As you say, I can change up is required.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 20-03-17 17:06; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stockli are considered by some as top of the heap....with Kastle not far behind. Make sure you have good insurance coverage, as these skis are very expensive and would be very attractive to a toe rag thief.

...and yes, I think the 88s would be more versatile.

I'd love to know what you think of these legendary skis.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Old Fartbag, yep, insured up the eyeballs and always split & lock skis. Seeing as I'm hiring for the first time in years I might try them both, shop also has DPM's which might be interesting.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Given the forecast the off-piste will be skied out so probably drop down to the Stormrider 88's.

Good call I think. I haven't skied them but I love my old XLs and if I could find a pair of 88s half price...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy