Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra & Spain - mid April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have two days in the area, weekend 15th/16th April. Will have been in soldeu all week, and am thinking about going somewhere else within a couple of hours (have car) for the weekend. Not at all familiar with the Pyrenees- anyone have suggestions for the better resorts around there late in the season?
Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The snow may well be awesome but check when they close the pistes. Because they close them when they say they will, regardless of how much snow there is (my brother once called me in mid May to tell me he was snowboarding down the middle of the street in Soldeu, there was so much snow coming down. Couldn't get up the mountain though.)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@pandora, any particular resorts you'd recommend?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Seems like Masella is the only one still open after the 17th of April
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masella.

Apart from Grandvalira, it's doubtful that anywhere else would be worth a special trip at that time of year. But of course, everything depends on the weather... keep an eye on the Pyrenees Snow Report thread.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @Pyremaniac, Masella isn't too far from Soldeu either so looks like a good/or only option for now (weather permitting obviously)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can try Baqueira if Masella snow condition is too poor . Masella is definitively too close to Mediterranean Sea, in April you never know. Anyway, this winter we had have huge eastern storms, so it has nice snow for the moment.
Baqueira slopes are 2h15min from Soldeu (if you left your car at Cap del Port Bonaigua parking, you do not need to go to Baqueira parking itself).

Baqueira is top ranked, as GrandValira is. IMHO Masella is in a little lower rank. Anyway, in April, always check snow conditions before choosing one resort or the other
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SergioBCN, Baqueira is closing on the 17th April
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Right but as I understood it was about the weekend before Baqueira closing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I mean 15-16 april
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'm looking for somewhere 16th and maybe 17th too, almost all of the resorts I contacted close that weekend and I don't really want to ski anywhere that's shutting that day or the next. Masella plan to close between 25th and 1st May so sounds like it's in a better position than the others
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I can promise you that the closing dates are not related to lack of snow (although of course it's impossible to predict the snow levels this far in advance). It's simply the economies of how the ski business works... Most people in the vicinity of the Pyrenees are thinking about the beach rather than the mountain by mid-April. There's usually metres of snow about, but enjoyed only by the ski tourers.

But I maintain that Masella is indeed a very good option, because of its due-north orientation, the shadiness of its tree-lined runs, and its great pisting and snowmaking. It'll probably have less snow than Andorra and Baquiera, but what it does have will hopefully be in acceptable shape. So FWIW I think you're making the right choice!

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 27-03-17 18:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Okay thanks for the info @Pyremaniac, will see how it is closer to the time. Hopefully I'll find something
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ok, understood, then I concur with Pyremanic, Masella is the best option(and possibily the only one open)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy