Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will my wife whos a beginner be able to cope at St Anton?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wouldn't take anyone to St Anton unless they were at least confident/competent on blue runs in other resorts.

St Anton is fairly low and at the beginning of April a lot of the lower slopes will be losing their snow cover. The snow will be slushy/heavy.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not ideal for beginners. Lots of macho men on the lash too.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went to St Anton with two weeks skiing under my belt. I can still recall that the blues felt like red or blacks elsewhere and so on. Great place for atmosphere but wish I gone when I was much better.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you need to go during the school Easter holidays? No mention of children, but perhaps one of you is a teacher. If not, then avoiding the holidays might be a way to reduce prices, get quieter slopes, and perhaps give more choice.

I realise that there isn't much of the season left, but for instance if you were able to leave this weekend, I think you would find it much quieter. You might also get some last-minute price reductions and be able to choose where to go based on current snow conditions and weather forecast for next week.

Another alternative would be to wait until mid April. You would probably want to restrict yourself to very high, snow sure resorts, so late in the season, but it might be worth it for the reduced crowds. Somewhere like Obergurgl should still have lots of great skiing, although some of the lower runs might be slushy. Lots of brilliant runs suitable for beginners. Fantastic apres ski at the Nederhutte.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the replies,

I didnt actually realise it was Easter, thought that was the week after.

Unfortunatly my other half could only get this week off work as her employers arnt very flexible.

Anyway Ive booked Lech and actually found the original deal I was after but with a different TO so no point worrying about it now, only issue I have is getting my skis there as there's no room on the flight. Think thats a question for a different thread though
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@medlington, enjoy it. You'll love the place and try to do the toboggan run down from Oberlech
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It will be lovely
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@medlington, Good choice.

@cameronphillips2000,
Quote:
Lots of macho men on the lash too

Really? You surprise me.......plenty women looking like they're having a good time too wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Markymark29 wrote:
@medlington, Good choice.

@cameronphillips2000,
Quote:
Lots of macho men on the lash too

Really? You surprise me.......plenty women looking like they're having a good time too wink

Very true - we ended up chatting to some older lady and her daughters on one of hte Mooserwirt benches - she got smashed so I ended up skiing down with her skis on my shoulders as she serenely trotted down the side of the piste!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My wife was exactly the same when she started, a very nervous skier who didn't really want to do it. We then went to kaprun for a week where she went into ski school and was in an all girl group with an Australian instructor. She had a great fun time and loved it, and learned to ski properly. We now go to St Anton twice a year and she skis all the pistes confidently, so that instructor changed both our lives. The bottom line is get your wife into ski school so she can learn not only to ski properly, but be taught the rules and tips for staying safe.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you go definitely do Lech and definitely get the bus to Sonnenkompf (its on the lift pass) its always extremely quiet and you will both have a brilliant days skiing there. The runs are superb. Its a hidden gem. St Anton is a bit more challenging but if you take the Galzigbahn up and head over towards St Christophe you can pretty much stick to blues. The runs down to St Anton from Galzig are not really an easy ski. They are usually pretty heavy traffic and pretty cut up early in the day.

Also if it were me I would insist she take lessons. She is only a 2nd week skier. I had a full 5 day ski school for the first three ski holidays (just more advances classes) I found it to be very beneficial and I met people I still know today from these times.

Even she could take a few days lessons then you could ski with her for the last three days.

Just my 2 cents.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

if you go definitely do Lech and definitely get the bus to Sonnenkompf (its on the lift pass) its always extremely quiet and you will both have a brilliant days skiing there. The runs are superb. Its a hidden gem.

+1
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy