Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Lofoten Islands 2017: Game of Krones 'Winter is Coming'.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Sharkymark, was a little over-baked but not bad...

Back to typical Lofoten 'semi-full' conditions today but still managed to sneak in 3 good laps:

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@offpisteskiing, I'd take that. Is it part of the Unicorn naming convention?

Seen some very inspiring stuff from Kristin north of Lofoten over the past few days.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Sharkymark, that was 'Unicorn gully Pi Alpha Nu'

(Obscure musical reference there... any S.O.D fans will appreciate!
http://youtube.com/v/tMJKvNNzvsE )

Anyway, week 3 continued in classic Lofoten style - pulses of weather on Wednesday and strong winds on the summits meant we had to get the timing just right for some great skiing low down:

Thursday was a day of wild winds and lots of precipitation with varying temperatures (sometimes white, sometimes translucent...).
Friday was our last day, and with a weather window predicted for the middle of the day, but high avalanche risk and heavy snow low down, we set off putting a skintrack in to heavy snow with expectations set rather low. Once again though the Norse gods and Lofoten's maritime snowpack worked their magic and we snuck in 4 great laps on cold snow before braving the wet stuff low down and retreating for a well earned waffle!

And so another Lofoten spring draws to a close for me... On Friday night the wind was so strong that the lodge was physically shaking and it was hard to walk over to the fisherman's huts! Wild weather does of course mean stunning views and I was treated to a 'leaving present' on my early morning drive back to the airport!

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@offpisteskiing, how does the past 3 weeks rank against other years? Here's to 2018... snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Sharkymark, right in the middle I would say... it will be hard to match the snow quality of 2013 or the good spell of blue sky days of 2014, but snow cover was much better than 15 or 16... In terms of skiable days per week it was bang on average - 1 in 3 days as a poor weather or no ski day. Once again though the ability of the snowpack to 'repair itself' in a short space of time was amazing (as per Friday's great powder laps up on 'Codman' and neighbours straight off the back of 24 hrs of wild winds and precip at varying heights).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy