Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sunday to Sunday Eurostar ski train petition

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If interested

https://www.change.org/p/eurostar-we-need-a-sunday-sunday-ski-train
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Signed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ster, the suggestion in your link is that the only way to get to the alps by train is a direct Eurostar.
This is of course incorrect.
Eurostar to Paris, then TGV to Bourg (or anywhere else you would like to go).
At weekends the TGV is direct: no changing at Chambery.
The fare is usually cheaper than the Eurostar direct.
The French trains are more comfortable.
And you can use iDTGV.

You can also take a later TGV and see a little of Paris.
There is Left Luggage in Gare Lyon.
A boat trip and visit to the Louvre is entirely possible before getting on a later train.

Of course, another train to the alps is always a good idea (I have signed).
But my priority would be bring back the Night Train from Gare Austerlitz
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jonpim, noted, however it is asking for a direct service which I think, despite relative the ease of transferring across the Paris stations, would be an extra draw of this service.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, not adverse to a Sunday - Sunday service, so have signed but as above, if push came to shove I'd rather an overnight couchette.

@Jonpim, don't forget the Eurostar to Lyon.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

But my priority would be bring back the Night Train from Gare Austerlitz

I believe the rolling stock has reached the end of its life so while I would like that too I think it is unaffordable
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Signed as well. Could really do with them running into late April too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree a Eurostar service that works with Sunday changeovers would be good.

But a Sunday daytime service both ways can only work if combined with an outbound Saturday overnight service, and a Sunday overnight return service. So there needs to be enough demand for the related overnight services as well - and the overnight return won't get to St Pancras until 07:00 Monday (even if it can be fitted in around commuter services). Perhaps okay if you live / work in London, but not so convenient if elsewhere.

The existing Friday / Saturday service works because there are enough people who want to travel out overnight Friday and back overnight Saturday - gaining 2 days skiing, but usually with some inconvenience over accommodation, such as being effectively kicked out Saturday morning - so leaving the opposite services for daytime Saturday users.

One way it could work for Sunday changeovers would be an outbound Saturday overnight service, combined with a Sunday daytime return service, giving 7 days skiing - but most people who want the daytime service seem to want it both ways.

@ArcticRollThere isn't a winter Eurostar service to Lyon.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
An article here

http://www.planetski.eu/news/9098

Thanks to Davina Goldballs who highlighted this in another thread.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 10-05-17 21:46; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yes ecureuil does make a good point: to get the Eurostar train to Bourg for Sunday morning, it has to have gone out Saturday night.

I often wonder what all the people who used to use the Corail Lunea night train do now.
I've resorted on occasion to taking a late plane to Lyon and then getting a lift to La Plagne.
Similar price to the train, but a lot more hassle.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ecureuil, odd. My skiing companions returned to UK via Lyon E-star on 8th April. Perhaps that counts as Summer timetable?

@Jonpim, we used to get the overnight. Accept fully that the rolling stock and the finances make it impossible to re-start. This year we got Friday afternoon train to Paris, enjoyed meal, stayed overnight at Gare de Lyon Mercure, and caught early Sat am TGV. Not quite as good or exciting, but an "acceptable" compromise.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
signed also, more options getting to the alps is never a bad thing!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
terrygasson wrote:
signed also, more options getting to the alps is never a bad thing!!

My thoughts exactly.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, Apart from a few over Xmas / New Year, the current Eurostar direct Lyon service started on 31 March, and will stop again at the start of November, so currently not much help for the main skiing season Sad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can sign the petition here:
https://www.change.org/p/eurostar-we-need-a-sunday-sunday-ski-train?recruiter=719187677&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy