Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Italian ski resorts and mountains on Tv this week.

Poster: A snowHead
Giro D'italia time again.

Many of our favourite resorts and passes throughout this week.

Tuesday sees Bormio and two climbs of the Del Stelvio.
Wednesday, Aprica, Tonale, Val de Sol and ending up in the Dolomites.
Thursday is the annual Dolomites tour day which is always stunning.

Even if you don't like cycling, it's a wonderful spectacle and through much of the Snowheads Bashes territory.

Coverage on Euosport. If you haven't got it, you can buy a months pass and watch it on your computer for six pounds.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Great, thanks for the heads up. Do you know if ITV4 are showing the highlights?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don't think so. I haven't seen it.
I'm going to be working for most of the week so will probably miss it. I watched a lot of the mountain stages last year and it went over many of the passes we drove or skied during the pre season Bash.
The helicopter footage of the Dolomite cliffs, still full of snow is awesome.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Highlights are on Quest if you have it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The giro goes almost past our door on Tuesday. We shall be out on the road to cheer them on. There is a great atmosphere in Bormio when the giro goes through.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
http://www.steephill.tv/giro-d-italia/#live has a list of live streams in different languages. Sometimes I prefer to watch cycling in the native language for extra flavour, or indeed any other language if Carlton Kirby's commentating. The site also has clips of the final KMs shortly after the finish, I recommend the last 20mins of today's - it was a cracker.

I'll definitely try to watch Thursday's stage, as stated above it's essentially the Sella (not quite) ronda and I'm planning to visit in 2018.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wheeler dealers on quest was in the dolomites
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Penry wrote:
http://www.steephill.tv/giro-d-italia/#live has a list of live streams in different languages. Sometimes I prefer to watch cycling in the native language for extra flavour, or indeed any other language if Carlton Kirby's commentating. The site also has clips of the final KMs shortly after the finish, I recommend the last 20mins of today's - it was a cracker.

I'll definitely try to watch Thursday's stage, as stated above it's essentially the Sella (not quite) ronda and I'm planning to visit in 2018.

Thursdays stage will be so spectacular if visibility is good. Tuesday will also be great. It will be good to see the state of the Stelvio Glacier. I wonder if they open early for the. Crowds
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The forecast is sunshine and showers, possibly thundery, for both days. Just have to hope they dodge the rain. Or that the forecast is wrong.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@cameronphillips2000, Stelvio opened today for skiing and doesn't close until the 1st of November.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
peter42 wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, Stelvio opened today for skiing and doesn't close until the 1st of November.

that just sounds sooo tempting. I thought it opened in July.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@cameronphillips2000, The best conditions are June and Sept Oct. Wont be open on Tuesday as they close Passo Stelvio from midnight Monday for the giro. There are people already camping up there so they get the best spot for the giro.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
peter42 wrote:
@cameronphillips2000, The best conditions are June and Sept Oct. Wont be open on Tuesday as they close Passo Stelvio from midnight Monday for the giro. There are people already camping up there so they get the best spot for the giro.

Wish I could be there. You d get to see it twice this year.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Really tempted to hit Stelvio this year.

Skied Trafoi at the bottom of the pass last season. Magic.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Penry, Rob Hatch with Sean Kelly and usually a current pro joining in at some point. British Eurosport have pulled out the stops for the English speakers this year.

Sadly it probably means Carlton Kirby for the TdF.
ski holidays
I thought this was going to be a plug for a reshowing of the Sylvester Stallone Cliffhanger film which was on just recently.

But back to the cycling. A few years ago I drove up to the Rif. Auronzo near Misurina and noticed the painting on the road. apparently that year a stage of the Giro finished there. The road is very in steep places. I have no idea how they pedalled up it never mind raced.
snow conditions
Always great scenery on the GDI.

Just lacks the romance of the TDF.
ski holidays
@Whitegold, have you been to watch a stage of the TdF recently? There's not a lot of romance about it any more!
snow conditions
Whitegold wrote:
Always great scenery on the GDI.

Just lacks the romance of the TDF.

I think it's the other way around. The TDF has become so big and commercial. It's amazing how many go to see the TDF for the caravan and aren't really interested in the race. The crowds in the Giro and Vuelta are much more passionate and the racing often more exciting too between individuals rather than dominated by teams.

Anyway, today's crossing of the Stelvio twice in a day is the stuff of folklore and should be awesome to watch. Thursday will be one of ski resort and scenery fans.
snow conditions
Nice to see they had a minutes silence for Manchester at the start
ski holidays
Stephen Roche commentating on L'Equipe TV, in French obviously. I saw the finish of a stage of the Giro in Risoul while it was in France last year. Not too crowded which was very pleasant.

Fortunate enough to have VIP passes for the finish of stage 17 and start of 18 for this year's TdF. Mate worked for Team Dimension Data last year and has got them for us 😁

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 25-05-17 12:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
A lot of snow still up there for such a poor season.
ski holidays
@cameronphillips2000, We did ok for snow this last season, not fantastic but ok.
snow conditions
They can certainly get down the hills faster than we can in our minibus Very Happy
snow report
Thomas had a stinker
snow conditions
Dumoulin certainly got caught with his pants down.
ski holidays
anybody know of a site where you can follow the riders overlaid on a map of the route. They do it on the TDF, but I cant find it on the official D'Italia site
snow conditions
I think you might be able to get data from Velon. It seems this is where Eurosport are getting their data from. I've downloaded the Cyclingnews app which allows you to see certain data.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, thanks - will have a look....
latest report
Well that was a close finish between the top 3.
snow conditions
Ned Boulting on twitter was right about how pretty the Dolomites are when green and this forum talks endlessly about how pretty they are when white!! All I know is that I am already counting down the days to visiting Arabba for the first timeand Garni Bellavista in Jan 18. Always wanted to visit, never been, and the Giro has only served to confirm that I was right to book.....and backing Froome big to win the Tour might just pay for it!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy