Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Code UVO 2016/17

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bought a pair of these in the EB sale for a good price. Their White Book blurb describes them as follows "You can definitely see and feel Volkl's race know-how coming through here. Its turning is precise and quick with a narrow waist and short radius. The solid Full Sensor Woodcore suits accomplished piste skiers who like to go fast, but you don't need to be a racer to enjoy it. It's just as happy cruising about with a mix of turn shapes as it is picking up speed and ripping down steep, icy runs"

When I picked them up the chap was most helpful but indicated that in his thoughts they are quiet demanding and really need worked which has made me think again.

I am approaching 50, 5'8" and 15 stone-ish, skied for a long time but with quite a break until 2005. I have had Volkl RTM 77s in 171cm for the last five years and love them. Don't really need to replace them but you know how it goes with shiny things at sale prices. My skiing is getting less energetic these days and definitely more cautious after a blown knee in 2008. Stick to reds & blues and well pisted blacks, generally avoid bumps if I can.

From the White Book Blurb I though the Code UVO at 168cm would tick the box for days just cruising and would do the job if I wanted to have a wee blast. Having been told otherwise and read a few more reviews I'm doubting myself now. One thing that struck me is how heavy they are compared to my RTMs.

Anyone with any thoughts or direct experience?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you get a waft on all the time I'd have recommended the 175cm as they have a touch of rocker in the tips'n'tails but for your requirements I think you've made a very good choice - especially if you got them at the right price.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
At 15st I'd suggest you could have gone longer, but what does additional (and unnecessary) length get you?

I'd expect them to be pretty close to the RTMs.

EB and S&R's definition of "demanding" is not very demanding at all...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@spyderjon, many thanks for your input. As I understood it the 168cms are also tip and tail rockered? Down to £330 from £525 which seems like good value?

@under a new name, Many thanks also, debated longer but would rather shorter to be easier to skid the tails. I suppose they think they are safer to be over-rating them than under and then getting sued by some beginner who jumps straight on race skis and straightlines into a tree?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@robboj, no, it's marketing flattery.

"OOh suits you Sir, a very demanding ski, you must be a lovely skier. Do you like a stiff one?"
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy