Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

dry sloe or snow zone etc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi
So need to get my legs into shape particulary my thighs that burn something chronic all week when skiing ,i ski all slopes ,not sure what will benefit me most either going for a ski on either a dry slope or snowzone perhaps once a month or twice month ??????????? your input would be gratefully received .

regards Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bradleyjoes wrote:
hi
So need to get my legs into shape particulary my thighs that burn something chronic all week when skiing ,i ski all slopes ,not sure what will benefit me most either going for a ski on either a dry slope or snowzone perhaps once a month or twice month ??????????? your input would be gratefully received .

regards Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm with the sloes, makes a lovely gin.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thigh burn is a classic symptom of being in the back seat. Instruction is the best answer, and would be significantly cheaper at a dry slope. Which one would you go to?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As above, that's a technique issue. Have you skied plastic before? It's a bit different, but doesn't take long to adjust to
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bring yourself out to Geneva with boots and skis and I'll tell you your weight is too far back.

Easyjet generally cheap these days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@bradleyjoes, Nearest slope (dry or snow). Lessons or join the race club. Plastic certainly well suited to sorting back seat issues. Don't just go and ski ---- have someone help you make some changes, gates are an excellent learning aid wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And when you're not using slopes in the UK and getting your technique sorted out, get someone to teach you (if you're not already sure) how to do knee- and back-safe squats and lunges ( and variants thereon). Then spend every possible moment at home, maybe the gym too (but home is easier and cheaper), making your thighs and other muscles burn doing them Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
+1 for the suggestion to get a bit of instruction.

As to dry slope or snow dome, go to whichever you enjoy the most and you can do the most often. Different people prefer different things and have different budgets and tolerances to travel time - but whichever you like the best will be fine.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nurofen gel Very Happy Toofy Grin
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You need a structured program of strength and conditioning on top of a baseline of cardiovascular fitness.

Over the summer you could try cycling plus some gluts, core and upper body strength. As the Autumn comes

switch to a more power( strength ) based program.

For the sort of money your could spend at a slope i'd get a personal trainer or go to a gym.

We have got some exercises ( which are free) on our facebook page if that helps.

Jonathan Bell
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As above, it's probably more likey a technique issue.

But to answer your question...for me...every time the indoor fridge over a dry slope.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy