Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zell am see vs la plange

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Have any of you been to zell am see and la plange . I was wondering which one I should go for !! thinking last week in January group of 4/5 lads age 30+ with varied ability levels. We try to do a different place every trip and this is wat we've got it down too this year. La plange manily for the great deal off crystalski 440 quid for a week with ski rental and lift pass included . Any thoughts .... Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where is la plange?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Plagne - great ski area with huge choice of runs. Access over to Les Arcs is straightforward. Would recommend La Plagne. Never been to Zell
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@under a new name, la plagne, probably.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Andas, Zell am See - Lads would be bored at the premier family resort that is La Planeg
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Andas, I've been to both. They are very different, it depends what you are after. My thoughts:
La Plagne: big linked ski area, lots of ski in/out accommodation, and most pretty convenient otherwise. A couple of bars depending on where you are in resort (there are several villages) but not a big apres scene. High altitude purpose built resort.
Zell am See: proper town on the lake. Very pretty, lots of bars and restaurants. Much smaller ski area but still plenty for a week. Also the option of going up to Kaprun on the same pass. Town more spread out. Not as snow sure particularly late in the season but should not be a problem late January. Worth checking the cost of ski hire locally if not included.

I'd tend to agree Zell am See is a better choice but it depends what is important to you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HutToHut, do you think? Having just got back from la plage, or at least, a number of them, I had to wonder.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
Where is la plange?
la plagne auto correct changed it never noticed Wink it's France by the way haha 😂⛷🚑
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Cheers everyone I'm swaying towards zell my self defo prefer a bigger apres scene and can also get up to salbach / hinterglemm . We would save around 500 euros by going to la plagne with the the deal crystal has on at the minute. Decisions decisions !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Andas, FWIW my experience of La Plagne was that it is a great, extensive, well-planned ski area, but pretty dire for apres-ski and off-slope ambience. Zell am See is just down the road (15 minutes by car; 30 mins by bus) from where I'm based in Saalbach. It's a very scenic place to stay for a week and to ski, and, as has been commented above, it's easy to get over to Kaprun and ski the glacier. A party of ten friends of mine stayed in Zell last season and spent several days of their week skiing in Saalbach, where the skiing is far more extensive and varied. They commented that the skiing at Zell seemed to consist of mainly blacks or blues, and they felt that it was worth bussing or taxing to the Schoenleitenbahn, which is the first lift you come to on entering the Ski Circus. It probably goes without saying that the apres-ski and general fun-factor would be far better in Zell.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

They commented that the skiing at Zell seemed to consist of mainly blacks or blues

That's certainly true of the Arietbahn / Cityexpress / Trassexpress side of the resort, but the runs down from the Sonnkogelbahn and Hochmaisbahn lifts on the other side of the resort are all red (and lovely!) What it lacks for a mixed group are many good runs of varied difficulty than funnel back in to the same place - so that the group can ski together, branch off and regroup further down.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've decided to go with zell for this trip roll on 27th of January !!! Yeah tatman I was in saalbach a few year back loved the place be nice to get back there again. If any ones around on those dates get in touch have a good days skiing then a beer or two Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy