Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
@Kruisler, I don't think you need worry, only forecasting 10-20 cms or so each day, but ...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kruisler wrote:
@under a new name, I do but if it stops me getting there or closes the lifts.. I'm only there for 4 days (And that might be it this year) so erring on the side of paranoia. In 2016 we had rain for 4 days, last year next to no snow.. It'd be ironic to have too much snow this year.. Shocked

Mile after mile of tree lined pistes, playing in the powder, soft landings, hardly anyone about. Sounds awful
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lovely snow again today after last night's dusting. Was snowing fairly hard as we were heading back to the top of super morzine gondola at around 1600 so looking good again for tomorrow and hopefully some more sun! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@jonm, We've used Doorstep since 2008, always been really happy with their skis and service.

Thanks @DJL, - looking forward to it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowfraise, Barbossine= genuine black on first pitch, unpisted bumps, never mega moguls, great in fresh snow or softening snow in warmer temps. Not easy, suits a confident skier. Run in to lift is pisted and cambers left to right. Enjoy snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowfraise, thanks Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Don't think there's any ski delivery service in Avoriaz (@jonm,'s destination). It's not like you can drive round it in a van...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@snowfraise, we might have been at cross purposes. The runs from the Barbossine lift - as I described them.

The Barbossine black run (accesssed from the Morclan chair at Super Chatel) as @barbossine states above.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@WindOfChange, @snoozeboy, @DJL, I did a last minute day trip to Chatel today to meet the builder (didn’t ski) and was amazed how quiet things were. Still lots of snow around but lots of melt water. Most snow I have seen in town since visiting for the odd day here and there over the last few years. Linga slopes looked good from my vantage point and wish I could have stayed an extra day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Ozboy, early Jan is always quietest and often with plenty of good snow. Wait until you're out there in a week when Paris half term coincides with U.K. And NL!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yet another glorious day in Les Gets. Pistes stayed in great condition all day, even the notorious busy sections. Very few people here, which is great for us but potentially disastrous for the businesses here. Haven't seen a full lift all week never mind lift queues.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks @DJL, and @barbossine, - we'll give it a go. Maybe not day 1 though!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looks like it’ll be Japan type conditions next week. Bring on the powder! We are out from Sunday until 25th if anyone fancies a beer or a ski with us?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Tordi, out for short trip 23-25th , Ski / beer sounds good 👍
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Tordi, out for short trip 23-25th , Ski / beer sounds good 👍
snow report
@Timc, sounds good. I'm looking forward to empty pistes
snow report
got a short three-day trip to morzine next week and its looking likely there might be a powder day in the mix , any recommendations of where to head for when its snowing and the vis is poor to get some good slack country lines , also if some of the more optimistic forecasts come true , any recommendations for a guide for a couple of days to really make the most of my trip snowHead
snow conditions
@Dabber, I get the impression that Morzine-Les Gets is a good place to be if the weather closes in. I'll be pootling on the piste. If you see a slow skier wearing a 1990s stylee "camo" boarding jacket trying to catch up with a taller bloke skiing 1980s stylee with skis too close together, that'll be me!
ski holidays
@dobby, 👍
ski holidays
Just back from a great week in Les Gets snow was a lot better Les Gets side than Morzine. Found a great place for the best hot chocolate ever, a bit out of the way but worth seeking out if you are in Les Gets area it is at bottom of golf lift just through the tunnel had a great lunch there as well and the prices are about the same as everywhere else on the mountain but the quality is far better than most http://www.lechassemontagne.com/
latest report
Dabber wrote:
got a short three-day trip to morzine next week and its looking likely there might be a powder day in the mix , any recommendations of where to head for when its snowing and the vis is poor to get some good slack country lines , also if some of the more optimistic forecasts come true , any recommendations for a guide for a couple of days to really make the most of my trip snowHead

If the viz is really bad depending where you are in Morzine it may be as quick to get the bus to ardent and take the bubble up to Lindarets and either of two lifts to the Avoriaz and do the long tree lined runs back down to ardent where theres a lively bar called happy hours. There’s a few variations of the run and all tree lined plus great lunch options in lindarets and the little goat village a bit below it. There are various between piste off pist options.

Alternative you can ski the trees run between Morzine and Avoriaz and then pick up the run I mention at the top of Avoriaz.
ski holidays
@globalbagtag.com, le Chasse Montagne is a good place as you mention for lunch, particularly if you have some non skiers around as they can either walk up the Chavannes road or catch the C bus from the village.

Les Gets is still very white all over.
ski holidays
@Dabber,
Mt Cherry in Les Gets is great with powder.
The North side (Chery Nord) is great fun and normally quieter and so does not get tracked out as quick as other parts of the PdS

Paddy morris is a good recommendation for a guide
http://www.paddymorris.co.uk/
ski holidays
@@247snowman, thanks for that , good thinking , only have two days skiing so don’t want to be trawling around to much so that’s a great call , will check out paddy Happy
@Fourstar, cheers , have a car so early start from ardent should be doable cheers !
latest report
@Dabber, question in general, is ISTD including avalanche guiding? Just a thought...

Cos that’s the only reason you need a guide round PdS...
ski holidays
@under a new name, more a case of "find the goods" sort of guiding as i have no real knowledge of the off piste in the pds area and time is tight. so if the snow is good and stable then would like to find some steeper/longer off piste runs rather than just skiing off the sides , if the avi levels are high and matched to my time frame ill be happy to just have a hoon round the pistes that i know
ski holidays
Looks to be a large amount of snow coming in this weekend according to the reports? And into next week (With the freezing level fluctuating from report to report)

Hoping Morzine is snowy and white from Saturday for when we arrive. Always nice for it to have that Christmas'y feel rather than it being like a damp autumn day.
ski holidays
We had a good weekend, snow quality was very good.

Has anyone seen the black up Mont Chery that had slipped Shocked I've never seen a piste that has let go like that before.

The Big Bear eatery up at the top of Mont Chery is good too; really enjoyed the banter with the Cornish lads that have it.

My liver has now officially surrendered though!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Mosha Marc, glad you enjoyed. The Bouquetin, black on Mt Chery, slipped in a big way. And that meant that for quite a few days the Planeys lift was out of action too but all running again now.

Very quiet in Les Gets this morning, my OH reported that the Arbis off the Chamossiere lift was in good shape first thing.
snow report
1st day in pds today. Avoriaz, chatel, torgon and pistes above la chapelle. Pistes above la chapelle had best snow. Blue skies this morning but cloudy pm. Excellent day. Snow predicted tomorrow.
snow report
Currently blowing a gale and hammering down with snow in Avoriaz.
snow report
Snowing in Chatel, wouldn't say it was hammering down yet.....
snow report
Looking at the Les Gets TV youtube page it's currently snowing there.

http://youtube.com/v/hOfWyPvfyFg
ski holidays
@no_snow_in_swindon, it is indeed, looking out of my window.
snow report
Pamski wrote:
@no_snow_in_swindon, it is indeed, looking out of my window.

Hoping it keeps coming down and the freezing levels stay low for the next few days. Arriving on Saturday evening. snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
peeing down in Morzine but v cold. Will be snowing a few 100 m higher
snow conditions
I skied Mont Chéry yesterday lunchtime and it was absolute heaven! Could have stayed al day but bloody work.... skied all the way down to the bottom both the black Gazelle and the reds were open. The Marmotted on the back is still my favourite in resort.

I don’t know when it slid, I suspect a while ago but the Boquetin Black is closed due to a slide. The chairlift back up goes over it and it is absolutely amazing to look at. I’ve never seen an avalanche from above (not on tv) lumps of snow/ ice the size of transit vans! Husband and I were transfixed by it.

Hasn’t helped by total fear of avalanches but if you are on mont Chéry go and take a look!
ski holidays
Was woken up to a HUGE avalanche detonation this morning in morzine at 5.15 this morning. Shook the Chalet! Absolutely peeing it down all night. Sad
snow conditions
3 inches of very wet snow at 1250m at 5:50 this AM, rain below 1100.
ski holidays
Nothing much open in Avoriaz, Chatel etc. Most of morzine les gets open but v wet and snow v heavy. Only managed 3 hours skiing today before got soaked thru.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy