Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz/Chatel/Les Gets/Morzine 2017/2018

Poster: A snowHead
Have you tried an Airbnb?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's also hotel Les Lans, hotel Neige Roc, residence La Cable, all in Prodains, don't know their booking arrangements. Also La Kinkerne now run by Mountain Mavericks, and Chilli Powder of course, they might be more accommodating (haha). snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Nadenoodlee, Will give this a go. As it is so far into the future I find that many hosts don't organise themselves on the website to show a minimum stay for 2019 so when I request to book one night (which the site allows), they come back to say they can't offer their place for such a short stay (understandably). Have contacted a few more hosts though to see if they can help!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@shep, Thanks. Have emailed MM to see if they have anything at Kinkerne.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@shep, yep - as predicted we don't have the budget for Dromonts Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Left field suggestions then, Family Ski in Ardents, or Les Crosets in Suisse, both only two lifts away from Avz. Finally how about this: https://www.village-igloo-avoriaz.fr/nuit-insolite-sous-igloo/ Shocked Cool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wouldn't say dumping or puking but it's definitely snowing in lowly morzine!
have fun tomorrow kids:-)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Mountaindoc, which night are you looking for? The Friday before a Sat-Sat booking or the Sunday after? If you have a hire car how about somewhere like Thonon Ibis and then drive up early to ski (or variations on that theme).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ideas please!

We are going to Morzine on a Sat - Tuesday, but arriving in Geneva on the Friday afternoon. Currently no place to stay!... should we

A) stay in Geneva, and travel up with the Saturday morning traffic, or
B) rent the car Friday and try and find somewhere on the route?

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Paul Chittenden, I would very definitely head as far up the road as I could.

Thonon IBIS not a bad idea, probably some boutiquey stuff going on I’d imagine. Taninges?

l’Orangerie in Sallanches does look very appealing, but not sure the logistics are so much of an advantage.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Paul Chittenden, One suggestion is above - there is a F1, an IBIS Budget and an IBIS in Thonon (and that is only Accor Group). Probably cheaper than Geneva if my experience is anything to go by and puts you ahead of the crowd on the Saturday. Up at 0700, dressed in ski gear and on the road by 0730, hiring gear in Morzine by 0815 and ready for first lifts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Paul Chittenden, oh and absolutely definitely for such a short trip! Get as close as you can.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Paul Chittenden, try the tourist office for last minute availability in Morzine. Or booking.com. Friday night should be fun...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Paul Chittenden, Ibis, Ibis Budget in Sallanches, Inter-Hotel Du Faucigny in Cluses

Definitely as close as you can, early breakfast, travel to Morzine ready for a 9:00 AM start.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Monday started with heavy snow during our SuperMorzine trail, and by the time we were at Plain Drans I was seriously thinking we should call it a day. But a quick pick-me-up in Chalet Blattins was timely as the sky was blue when we came out and the rest of the day was incredible, with inches and inches of fresh snow on and off the piste. The Linga was the best we’ve ever seen it. snowHead
snow report
@Paul Chittenden, http://www.chalet-chatelet.com/winter-location/
It's in Bonnevaux (20KM - 30 mins from Morzine).
Susie and Pascal are helpful and friendly (Both speak English)
Their site shows prices for the week, but they sometimes have some spare availability.
ski holidays
Thank you all, Friday was pretty booked up - stupid us, found a non budget place in Morilion, - never been there so will be nice bonus to see another resort!, and apparently only 9 minutes off our route to Morizine.

Happy times - thanks all for your help - great forum as usual
ski holidays
If you're not set on Avoriaz night-life, you can still ski all day in Avoriaz, and then ski back down to a hotel in Morzine (via Super Morzine), e.g. http://www.hotel-lesamoyede.com/en

If you really are looking to keep costs down, then one of the cheapest places for a single night is Chamonix, e.g. Hotel Croix-Blanche or Le Faucigny. You could drive there after skiing in Avoriaz.
ski holidays
Finally made it across to Torgon yesterday and it was worth it! The snow was beautiful, the views amazing and it was so quiet. This morning we skied the Creux which had been pisted and again, pretty quiet. Big queue at the Rosta at lunch time but nothing like we expected for half term - maybe because everything is open?
Tomorrow forecast to be wet.
snow report
Sorry if this has already been covered. Heading out to Avoriaz next week, wondering if anyone can recommend any lively bars to have a couple of drinks in, any that have happy hour would be great? Also any recommendations for cheap places to eat, pizza etc - we're on a slight budget.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.
snow report
Wild Horse - Owned by Barrat and Jenny, pitchers of beer, shooters, good atmosphere, and burgers.
The Place - live music for après, relaxed, owned by Simon and Rune from Denmark.
The Tav - ( I do not know the new owner) live sports + happy hour.
snow conditions
WindOfChange wrote:
Wild Horse - Owned by Barrat and Jenny, pitchers of beer, shooters, good atmosphere, and burgers.
The Place - live music for après, relaxed, owned by Simon and Rune from Denmark.
The Tav - ( I do not know the new owner) live sports + happy hour.

'The Tav' sounds like the place to watch the 6 nations then. Thanks for your help.
snow report
How’s the weather looking in Avoriaz? Looks like rain on the forecasts.
ski holidays
Café Le Fantastic IS THE PLACE TO BE! snowHead

See https://www.avorinet.com/nightlife for further info...
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, Has rained for the last two days. Had a good day yesterday, despite that (although Mrs C did not). I went out today - truly awful, mixture of rain, high winds, driven hail. snow that was so sticky that turning threatened a twisted ankle, possibly the worst day of skiing in my life. After less then two hours, I came home and stood under a warm shower for a long time. The good news is that snow is forecast for tonight, then sun tomorrow. Set to be a good start to the week Smile
snow report
Yikes @Chamcham, doesn’t sound too much fun. At least it’s snow, sun and cold temps for the next week!
latest report
A frustrating season at low altitudes due to several warm spells which have brought rain up to 2000m - like the last 2 days. Fortunately the temps dropped last night so there should be a 10cm layer of colder snow on top of the wet base and sunshine in the forecast for the next few days. Suggest to ski as high as possible for the best snow conditions
snow conditions
Just got back from 1/2 Term in Morzine.
First time I’ve been in a busy week and it wasn’t as horrifically busy as I’d expected. Lift queues weren’t too bad Bar one morning when the pleney was late opening and the ESF were trying to get 500 kids up the mountain and one afternoon getting back from Les Gets on the Fiollet du Golf at 4.30. Rain was a bit of a shocker all the way up the mountain on Thursday but loads of snow and a better than forecast day on Friday left myself and my 10 year old daughter having a last lovely afternoon together as the pistes were really quiet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, but much better than last year higher up... and with an earlier start...
latest report
It was the first time we've been in half term too @JD Mark, and not nearly as bad as we had prepared for - possibly helped by everything being open and that we weren't committed to lesson timings. Our highlights were the Linga on Monday in bright sunshine and fresh snow, Chery Nord, Les Creux and finally getting to Torgon.

It's certainly the deepest snow we've seen in the decade we've been coming to Morzine - hope it's the same next season! Very Happy
latest report
Just back from Chatel and what a mixed week weatherwise. Snow Sunday and Monday morning, blue skies Monday pm and two great days Tuesday and Wednesday and two poo days Thursday and Friday with constant rain, but at least the pistes were empty!

PDS didn't seem too busy, apart from a couple of longish queues late in the day at Avoriaz and Super Morzine. I guess this was because the Parisians weren't on 1/2 term.
snow report
Weather is great today:nice sunshine and the remains of the fresh snow from yesterday.
The kids are loving it, reporting no long queues (yesterday) apart from the Express de Lindarets when only 2 of the card reader gates were working, and people were waiting the other side of the gates for their companions.
latest report
Can anyone tell me what time the lift at the top of Pleney called Belvedere closes at? Trying to plan a long lunch in Morzine but staying in Les Gets (in two weeks).
ski holidays
@Rois1980, you don't need to take the Belvedere. Go up Pleney, head towards Nabor lift but look out for the Chardon Bleu and you end up, keep your speed up, just above the Folliets lift, joining the Bruyeres piste and follow that back through the tunnel to Les Gets.
snow report
Oh that's super! Thank you - I've never gone that way!
ski holidays
This will give you lift closing times for Les Gets, Belvedere closing times will be similar.
https://www.lesgets.com/lesgets/docs/glisse/LesGets_HorairesRemontéesMécaniques_Hiver17-18.pdf
If it's a really long lunch then there is always the bus.
Link to timetable on this page - https://en.lesgets.com/live-share/getting-around/baladaulps-bus.html
latest report
Thanks - didn't see that page and I promise I did search the Les Gets site. Looks like our week of skiing slots nicely into the end longer opening times (yes, I know we'll still have the French holidays to contend with).
Bus (or bribing the chalet's driver) probably the best option if some wine has been consumed.
snow report
Spending the week at Les Crosets. For half-term it really isn’t too busy, and today I went over to Mont Chery and back with only a couple of queues of 2-3 minutes.

Snow seems pretty good everywhere I’ve been with only the odd small icy patch.
snow report
From top of Pleney bubble it's basically a long traverse back to LG. Aim right at top of Pleney then look for the MASSIVE big sign saying Les Gets - follow that, one tunnel and you can slide to a wobbly halt at Apres and carry on !
ski holidays
Went out today and pleasantly surprised at lack of queues - the biggest was 5mins at the Chavannes but the sun was out when we were there.

Only ploughing into once by a fr much teenager who seemed to be bilingual enough to understand by swearing and apologise.

Snow was good everywhere except Retour du nants - that is going to be carnage late in the day
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy