Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere Transfer experiences

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I have booked our first ever family skiing holiday to La Rosiere on 20th Jan 2019. The ONLY thing that concerns me is the transfer as i am a terrible traveler and suffer with travel sickness. I will have 2 children with me and am really worried about feeling / being sick!
How long is the transfer realistically and what is it like? Skullie Confused snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ps its from CHAMBREY
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
So maybe, taxi to Chambrey station, train to Bourg St Maurice, and taxi or bus up to La Ros? That is if you are better on a train than in a coach/car?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Chambery to La Rosiere is around 2 hours in good weather and no holdups. Could take longer if there are multiple drop offs, or the weather / traffic is bad. January is before French holidays, and you have a Sunday transfer, so the traffic should be reasonable. No guarantees on the weather!

At least 70% (as far as Moutiers) is dual carriageway, so relatively few bends etc. I think Moutiers - Bourg St Maurice is still mainly single carriageway, but a valley road so not too bad. The last 10 miles or so up to La Rosiere is narrower with a number of hairpins.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry be negative but the road up from Bourg was pretty 🤢. 3 kids were sick on our coach.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get a front seat, it is windy, but it depends on the skill and empathy of the driver
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Get a front seat, it is windy, but it depends on the skill and empathy of the driver

I get car sick and so does my eldest. We always try to get a seat near the front 2 of the front seats are normally blocked by the reps and others are always highly sort after by others to extremely rarely do we succeed. Though saying that the reps have been known to let he eldest sit in their seat once she turns green Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@annya1, it's, as said above, a fairly easy and not too long a transfer.

Roads generally open and not tortuous until the final climb up from Bourg st Maurice, but all of those ski areas have mainly hairpin road ascent to the ski village. You've probably picked one of the easiest one's to be honest so no undue worry from that perspective.

If you can't get front seating (if that is important to you) then the position over the rear wheels of any coach is the most stable and gives you the least sideways movement as the vehicle negotiates the tight bends to village. Just don't look out the front windscreen from there as during cornering the image will be going sideways and conflict with your relatively still body position.

If you've not been there before, it's a fabulous view right down the Tarantaise valley from there and something to look forward to.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Tour de France cycles up to La Rosiere on Wednesday, so purely in the name of 'advance research' of your coming journey you could spend the afternoon watching the coverage and get a flavour of whether you think it will cause you an issue....

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 14-07-18 17:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@annya1, tell the reps you and your children always get travel sick, but usually ok if in the front seats. Usually you will then have those seats reserved for you. Reps do not want sick kids or adults on their bus.
I and my kids had the same problem: always got the front seats. Which are much better anyway, coz then you get the fantastic views. Also nearer the driver to make sure he/she keeps the heating down - hot coaches encourage queeziness.

And no reading or looking at phones/ipads on the way, especially on the way up from Bourg. Keep looking out of the bus, or eyes closed and sleeping.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim wrote:
hot coaches encourage queeziness.

Tell me about it! When "coaches" were buses they came with opening windows. Now they come with those little vent things which only work properly if the driver turns the aircon on/up. It's not only temperature that makes me feel ill, it's the lack of cool, fresh air on my face. And even in winter, coaches can be hot and stifling if the sun's shining. I just don't understand why they don't turn it on full! If people are cold, (tip for drivers, they're not, they're wearing ski jackets, it's you who's not), they can keep the vents closed. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One option would be to rent a car and drive yourself (assuming that, like lots of travel sick folk, you're better if you're driving). But that's an expensive option if your package includes the transfer. And that's a busy week - the roads will be busy and possibly snowy.

I imagine you've tried all the anti-travel sickness drugs on the market - sympathies, a horrid affliction.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy