Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
@red 27, that’s for the 3V pass though isn’t it, since it’s a Les Menuires website?

@rob@rar@boredsurfin, thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the days of free days in Val, 3v, etc are over for paradiski season pass holders - rather sad news I afraid.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
that’s for the 3V pass though isn’t it, since it’s a Les Menuires website?

Ray is indeed referring to 3V passes but I rather think it was a reciprocal arrangement and as such is likely to have ceased in both/all directions
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Arctic Roll, love it !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@red 27, yeah I’d agree with your logic there but the strange thing is on Espace Killy passes they are still doing the 2 free days thing in Ste Foy and Paradiski-as far as I know when I looked online about it last week anyhow. So you’d think it would work the other way around too.

Ah well, it’s not until 2019 I’m doing the mini season so things might change before then anyhow. It wouldn’t really matter if I just did Ski Al La Carte for any away days.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.

The Malgovert Piste in Summer.
Knew I had one somewhere:
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take a helluva lot of snow to turn that into a groomable piste
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@karin, The point is is that it is never groomed. Since you are never sure what lies over the brow of a ridge or round the next bend you have to be very fast on your feet. That is its charm.
It is actually a very nice, but steepish path from Arc 1600. If you looked at Roullles or Combourcier during the summer you would never think a piste went down either. They have chest high willow herb on them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@johnE, I know, it's a great run. Much more fun than a groomed motorway!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seems to be quite a bit of snow forecast, do you think we are allowed to get excited yet, or should we wait till to see if it actually arrives?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@wills_h, I think the Friday-Sunday stuff seems nailed on and big, so yes reason to be happy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@thefatcontroller, I have my three and four year old nieces doing their snow wiggles. They're too little for offical snow dances! Little Angel
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is what Bergfex is showing for next week. Outside of 4 days they give as potential but normally pretty accurate for nearest 4 days.

https://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/#day3
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I will be a happy chappy if that does all arrive Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurrah, there appears to have been some snow, not that the web cams are the first thing I look at when I get into work in the morning rolling eyes
ski holidays
@wills_h, I think it seems to be rather a lot of snow!

Actually I'm not surprised: friends of ours are out for Christmas, and it doesn't matter where they go or what they do, they have the most amazing luck - upgrades, incredible weather results, miraculous rearrangements that just happen to turn out better than original, last minute deals: you name it, they seem to get it.
You can go off people like that - but when the snow gods in Les Arcs show favour, it befalls to us all, so I'm not going to complain...
snow report
@Arctic Roll, can you convince them to stay there for New Year and then to go back for the week straddling the end of Jan/start of Feb Laughing
ski holidays
There is an owners newsletter that comes out and this was in it today. Anyone know anything about the upcoming Loup piste that will be past of Comborciere replacement?

Link to the video they reference, its work safe but very dull.

http://youtube.com/v/669xBBECqL4
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, you beat me to it - I'd even 'cut' it out of the email to post...! But a 3km ride: wow. You don't think of it those terms when you are skiing ( although you do when you're walking!)

Presumably 'Loup' is the supposed red /blue that will, ideally, enable access from 1600. But which line? What's going to be sacrificed? If they've got as far as a name, they surely must have a route, and permission? I hate teasers...

Where's Snowcrazywhen you need him?!
snow report
@Arctic Roll, it shows in the video but not in the mail that the bottom nearer to Pre Saint 'Valle De L'Arc' has been expanded by 25m so it makes the run from Transcar to Pre Saint a great run now with heated seats to end it, beats scooting onto Marmotte to get home.
latest report
Just received the papers for our cooprop AGM, which is mostly pretty dull stuff such as getting a new wifi provider and is about 1cm thick but at the very end is a letter from the Marie complaining that Arc1600 is the last place in Les Arcs where you can park free and inviting a working party to be formed to look into this and change it. Crying or Very sad All because the people from 1800 dump their cars there for the week
snow conditions
@thefatcontroller, agreed - I haven't been a picture bore with photos of all the earth moving and terra-forming going on down there during the summer. But I can if you want!
But the MTB route was diverted down the path alongside the piste - from the basher station down to 'the bridge' - as that was closed for widening and cannon installs - and then across the mud plains a la Somme created by the 'dozers trundling up and down to the other side of the valley (which is always an 'interesting' skiing route - wonder if it is still going to be possible?). The final piste pitch (where you pick up speed to reach Combourciere) was also closed for similar. I'm looking forward to seeing this supposed snow store as well.

PsE is going to be great - as long as they don't break it in the first week, and it is up and running when we get there on 23rd! Especially as we're headed down there for Christmas lunch on the Monday - albeit I suppose the bus may be a more suitable form of transport if one has (over) indulged...
snow report
Quote:

PsE is going to be great - as long as they don't break it in the first week, and it is up and running when we get there on 23rd! Especially as we're headed down there for Christmas lunch on the Monday - albeit I suppose the bus may be a more suitable form of transport if one has (over) indulged...

If it is broken you can always get Combourciere then down Malgovert to 1600, Cachette and Arpette to return via Ours.
snow conditions
@johnE, Don't forget Bois De L'Ours as another option back Skullie Skullie
snow report
@johnE, we charge €98 per week at 1950, (admittedly for inside parking). Think of all the lovely money 1600 could make to tart the place up!

Wonder what they will charge down at Pre St Esprit when the car park is back in action?
ski holidays
And, the workman's webcam at PsE is still running - http://m.webcam-hd.com/lesarcs/chantier-pre-st-esprit

Loooking good!
ski holidays
@thefatcontroller, as a new owner where do I register for the newsletter?
ski holidays
@Alastair, I "think" it may be via your Nirvanalps.com registration (cheaper lift passes for owner/residents - or at least, points win prizes) Not sure if we had to do anything else to get it. FC?

Or, it is sent out by: Référence Les Arcs: reference[at] lesarcs.com Maybe try them first?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Arctic Roll, thanks - I'll look around. Just about got my apartment sorted out and can't wait for the lifts to open!
ski holidays
Fresh snow everywhere right down to the valley and more to come all week! Check out the web cams. More details later. Very Happy Next weekend is going really fun Toofy Grin
snow report
Looks like it's hammering down this morning.

Safe to say the season has started a bit better than last year Smile
snow conditions
Looks lovely! And the depths appear to be going up on the forecast, rather than down from the usual over-optimistic projections. 41cm now showing predicted for today.
snow conditions
Can anyone explain why the 3 valleys opened this weekend and Les Arcs is still closed? I know that's the way is was planned by the ski lift company but why do we get the late opening? As an owner in 1950 I feel I have been denied a perfectly good week to go skiing (the season started on the 10th last year). With Val d'Isere and Meribel?couchevel open I want to know why Les Arcs is being treated as the one to open last (and don't tell me Meribel has a better snow record)!
ski holidays
Arctic Roll wrote:
Looks lovely! And the depths appear to be going up on the forecast, rather than down from the usual over-optimistic projections. 41cm now showing predicted for today.

Very heavy for next 3 days

https://www.bergfex.com/les-arcs-bourg-saint-maurice/wetter/prognose/#day0
snow report
@SStreet, A good question. Even Les 7 Laux claims to be open with 2 lifts running. Perhaps people wouldn't go to the film festival if skiing was an option.

Sadly in recent years the very early part of the season has been very poor in Les Arcs and they make the decsion on openning dates perhaps a year in advance.
snow report
Thinking about it I am actually quite glad that the resort is closed. I'm not going until Friday next week and would like the snow to pack down and consolidate a bit before it is skied on or scraped off.
snow report
There is TONS of snow coming down at the moment in Bourg!

Anyone coming out for Xmas/NY has absolutely nothing to worry about this year Very Happy
latest report
I was over in Le Grand Bornand yesterday for their opening day, lifts and runs open down to 900m or so with amazing conditions.

@SStreet, Les Arcs opens roughly the same weekend every year, early snow is never guaranteed and if they did open early the majority of people who would take advantage would be season pass owners, a lot of extra expense for no extra income for the resort. As annoying as it is I agree!
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
@SStreet, A good question. Even Les 7 Laux claims to be open with 2 lifts running. Perhaps people wouldn't go to the film festival if skiing was an option.

Sadly in recent years the very early part of the season has been very poor in Les Arcs and they make the decsion on openning dates perhaps a year in advance.

I agree the last couple of years were scratchy but Les Arcs was no worse than the other resorts in the Savoie area. Go 3 or 4 years back and we had a bumper start to the season! I always go out for the start of the season with a few mates to get away from the 'Christmas shopping' madness and, as the resort opened on the 10th December last year , I pencilled in this weekend as the date to go for our trip and am mighty miffed that not only were we denied the chance to go but also that the snow is so good! As I said before, I want to know why the 3 valleys opens before the Paradise area!
latest report
alasdair.graham@hotmail.c wrote:
There is TONS of snow coming down at the moment in Bourg!

Anyone coming out for Xmas/NY has absolutely nothing to worry about this year Very Happy

Fantastic... sounds like a full ski home to Bourg might be on the cards again this season!!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy