Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2017 - 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Sad me is looking at the livecams and I noticed the piste markers have appeared on the Combettes piste. So they are progressing with getting the resort ready. I'll be there next Friday. The 95cm being posted for ARC 1600 is just about the greatest depth I have ever seen.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
workphil99 wrote:
Heading to Les Arcs for the season opening on Saturday. Snow forecast looks great and the weather is due to be brightening up a little for the start of next week. Should be a great start to the season. Let's hope they can get the whole mountain open in time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Flying out on tomorrow, so will be skiing from Sunday Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jdgs, let us know what it is like. They were running the Combettes chair earlier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jdgs wrote:
Flying out on tomorrow, so will be skiing from Sunday Very Happy Very Happy

Me too! Cool
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
And they’re off, I am not jealous, I am not jealous!!!! Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks a pretty testing day to start the season...

Good luck to those travelling today Skullie
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
Looks a pretty testing day to start the season...

Looks better than mucking out the chickens... Sad Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Epic start to the season in Les Arcs today, light fluffy powder all over the place, even a few inches on the pistes first thing. Few scoured/bare patches in the 2000 bowl but everywhere else superb. Fingers crossed the top lifts will be open in the next day or two.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's a Powder Day! Season 2017 - 2018 began today!

What a start to the season. Powder up over our waists at times and everywhere you went you were making fresh tracks!! What a day. From when the lifts opened until they closed. On piste the snow was easy to ski and really forgiving. Off piste it was amazing! Made it to the Chapel and all the way down to Moulin in fresh powder!

The new Pre Saint Esprit chair in the Arc 2000 bowl is great. Just what you need to get warm on a cold day! It links up really well with the other lifts.

The new Club Med in Arc 1600 does not mess up the Mont Blanc piste at the bottom as feared. There is even a nice new track in the forest.

Skiing down to La Grange was really fun. Below that is not so easy and a bit thin in places. Be careful if you try to go all the way to Bourg.

Met up with quite a few people for a drink at 12 noon as planned. Good to see familiar faces and meet some new ones as well.

Despite there being loads still to do over on the Les Arcs side, tomorrow we are heading over to the La Plagne side to check out all the new things they have been doing.

Anyone that whats to join us. Meet at the Vanoise Express at 10am. Hope to see you!

If you want to see the photos from today, please go to the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Powder, sunshine and now beer! Can life get any better! snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
maggi wrote:

Sex later?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
maggi wrote:

1/3 ain’t bad right....!!? Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looking at the online live piste map I see that a very large number of pistes are not yet open, including almost all my favorites. I suispect this is simply because they haven't got around to putting up the piste markers yet rather than the snow cover being poor. Though I'm still waiting for violettes to open and may have to find my own way down. The last attempt to do this ended up at a fence with no way past.

Anyway should get to Les Arcs Friday morning and really looking forward to it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hey all!,

Just wanted to say hello!

I'm going to be in Les Arcs (staying in the Arc 2000 Club Med....) 7th till the 14th January.

I'm coming with a group of people who's skiing abilities i'm a bit unsure of so looking here for potential buddies for some proper skiing.

Looking at the piste map I'm encouraged by the "natur" routes, assuming these are always ungroomed and not too chopped up/scraped up by the time i get there; like Malgovert chatted about earlier in this thread, which looks like a must do. I'm hoping the snow on Aguille Rouge is going to be good enough for those runs up there.

I'm a big fan of the off-piste and i'm looking at going a bit of backcountry if the conditions permit. I got in touch with the guys from guidesdesarcs.com - any experience with them??

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for snow reports and more interesting facts!!!!

Thanks,

Willem. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Layne wrote:
maggi wrote:

Sex later?

Aw, thanks for the offer but I'm with my husband Blush Laughing .
latest report
@maggi, Laughing
ski holidays
@maggi

Still using Hestra gloves and not smelling grease?

Will be there in feb. - had hoped for the beer this time. Madeye-Smiley An other time then. wink

Hope I have found a good place: http://www.seventy3chalets.com/index.shtml ?
snow report
@Willem, welcome to Les Arcs!
It has long been a bugbear that there are no webcams to look at the Aguille Rouge face of the naturs: we have to rely on feedback from those lucky enough to be out there.
But if they are open, you'll have a blast. And no, they don't get bashed. Ever (far too steep - although they used to have a winch on the Flying K iirc, but I guess that's gone too).
snow report
SNOW, SNOW SNOW! What an opening weekend! After a great start on Saturday, the fresh snow has continued!

On Sunday there was a mix of blue sky patches and snow flurries plus some cloud coming and going. BUT we thought the snow was even better on Sunday than Saturday. A little drier and light and fluffy! At times well above the waist even on the safer easier gentler off piste slopes.

No need to do crazy stuff when wherever you go you can put down fresh tracks.

Having spent the first day over in Les Arcs. Sunday we went over to the La Plagne side to see what we could find. Plenty of fresh untracked snow, BUT the lifts are not finished. The Crozats finally opened around lunch time, but still had a few problems. The moving floor connection was not open so it was back down to Bellecote La Plagne to get back over to Les Coches or a hike up the slope or a very long skate down the track back towards the Vanoise Express. Not impressed! Hope it opens soon.

There were also problems with the connection to the Roche de Mio from the Champagny side and the Envers lift as we all know is still closed.

Overall the skiing was great, but the effort to have all the lifts working for the start of the season fell well short! La Plagne, you need to try harder!

After a long day over in La Plagne I skied all the way home to Bourg. Made it before it was dark this time. The snow cover is good, but take care in the forest and mind the wire fences that are still around. I used old skis!

The fresh snow has continued to fall over the last few days. Conditions are great! Anyone coming out for Christmas and New Year should have a fantastic time!

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! See you again soon!

To look at the photos please go to the Les Arcs Winter facebook page. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter/
latest report
@snowcrazy you used old skis...? I thought you only used old skis! NehNeh
snow report
Quote:
@snowcrazy, Conditions are great! Anyone coming out for Christmas and New Year should have a fantastic time!

I arrive on Saturday and hope there's still a few fresh tracks to be had. @snowcrazy could you give me a list of all of your secret stashes, I promise not to tell anyone else.

snowHead
snow report
Just booked to arrive late tomorrow, will be skiing on the 24th! Cant wait!
snow report
What's the best way to sort a ski pass? I'm arriving on Sat but it will be about 7:30pm. I'm flying into Grenoble and getting a transfer (bensbus) which takes me as far as Bourg st maurice. I'm hoping I can get the funicular up to the resort, I believe having a lift pass or voucher for one means this is free.

Thanks. sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask.
ski holidays
@blacksheep, What time do you get to Bourg - The funicular only runs intermittently on a Saturday evening 7:20, 7.40, 8, 8.30 and 9pm - see https://en.lesarcs.com/getting-around.html

The ski pass tho' only covers the funi on the day's it is valid as a ski pass. So arriving that late, you won't want a ski pass for the Saturday - so you'd have to pay for the funi anyway. €8 / €13.50 return (which you can use on any day: say you don't have a pass covering that final early morning)
snow conditions
@Arctic Roll, Thanks for the info. I should be there about 7pm so hopefully get one of the late ones. I won’t have a pass as booking so late I’ll have to sort that Sunday morning. It takes 3 days if you order online. There are auto booths but a distance from where I’m staying. Thanks for the help
snow report
I'll be there this evening for a week - best Christmas snow for years for me Very Happy

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 27-12-17 18:33; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Tuesday onwards is looking good for some fresh too. Only 2 weeks till we arrive and miss all the crowds 👍
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're coming out to Plan Peisey in a couple of weeks' time. I've a couple of questions.

Is there a cash point in Plan Peisey?

What are the runs like down to Plan Peisey? How easy are they? Alternatively, could a novice download on lifts? (I skied them a few years ago on a day across from La Plagne but can't really remember what the runs were like.)
ski holidays
Flagging myself on to this thread as me and a mate are out on the 13th Jan for 1 week, we're stopping at Ski Beat's Fleur de Neige at Plan Peisey which we've stayed at before, so hoping as good as before.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
We're coming out to Plan Peisey in a couple of weeks' time. I've a couple of questions.

Is there a cash point in Plan Peisey?

What are the runs like down to Plan Peisey? How easy are they? Alternatively, could a novice download on lifts? (I skied them a few years ago on a day across from La Plagne but can't really remember what the runs were like.)

I’m here now and there’s a cash machine. The runs are pretty gentle back down (blues) so I would say you should be fine.

Had an awesome first day here. The weather has been fantastic and the slopes in good nick!
ski holidays
I should have also said, are the gentle runs roads, as that's a lot harder for a novice boarder?
@blacksheep, where in Plan Peisey is the cash point?
latest report
The reds down to plan peisey are nice gentle reds, the blue is narrower and more of a track/Road.
snow report
Merry Christmas everyone following this thread. Hope those out in resort are having a great time in the fresh snow. See some of you over the New Year. Snowcrazy Chris. snowHead Very Happy
snow report
We stayed in Peisey back in March and the home runs (as they were used a lot by people going back to La Plagne) got quite chopped up by the end of the day, however they were allowing people to go back down on the Peisey chairlift. In fact, of our group I was the only one who skied back down.

It is a fantastic place and you will definitely enjoy it!!
ski holidays
@tonyswift, thanks for the info. Most of our group will be fine, but good to know the less competent/confident have an alternative. I do remember liking the red down to the Vanoise Express so much that I did another loop on our way back to La Plagne.
snow report
Merry Christmas to all Arcadians. The snow has been some of the best we've seen in 14 years of coming here. Beautiful, and we're expecting a top up over the next couple of days. @sugarmoma666, all the reds to PP are in good condition, and not chopped up at all, even late into afternoon. Temps are low enough to keep things really in the sweet spot until the lifts close.

JohnE: we managed to find and ski Violettes. OK so not perfect but still considerably better than I've ever experienced. Black's off Varet are closed atm due to wind blow, but plenty of tracks, make of that what you will.

The new Pre lift is terrific , although look out for the safety bar being locked down until quite late into the arrival station. It also takes your photo which you access via your pass and email.

Slopes quiet, queues non existent and some great Christmas skiing. With new stuff projected for end of week, this is going to be a memorable one.
latest report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
I should have also said, are the gentle runs roads, as that's a lot harder for a novice boarder?
@blacksheep, where in Plan Peisey is the cash point?

There’s a cash point on the way down to Vallandry. It’s tucked inside its own booth. On the right as you’re heading down from PP
latest report
@Arctic Roll, Forecast for next few days looks insane but potential nightmare for busiest cut over day this Saturday...Enjoy, leave some for us there on 6th.
ski holidays
Glad we chose not to go to La Ros: it's been coming down heavily since about 11am and the roads are becoming white . But since we had arisen early just in case it would be ok, decided on Montalbert instead. 1950 boot room to Vanoise in 20 mins, (2nd seat on Bois de lOurs); monty by 11am, back in Peisy for lunch at the Snack Bar above the Preisy lift (inside ) for just before 1pm. Highly recommended vfm, been a few times and portion control is not normal mountain parsimony.
Crowds a lot bigger in LP: we even had to queue for some lifts! Also some areas or artificial stuff. And yes, Envers STILL not operational; so the gully to Roche it's usual chaotic self.

@thefatcontroller, hoping the roads will be cleared for us to get out Saturday (or maybe Not hoping...) but it's going to be an interesting few days. Quite chilly out so don't think it will be going anywhere anytime soon.
Malgovert in freshies tomorrow? Laughing snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy