Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ladies only lessons - Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Last year in Val d'isere my wife took a set of lessons in a small group of women with Oxygene. She found it to be by far the best method of learning she has had in all our years of skiing (having tried private 1:2:1, private small group, large group).

This year, we'd like to try Meribel (well... ok... *I* would like to try Meribel!). I have done some searching for a ski school that does a similar Ladies-only type group lesson, but the only one I've found is TDC, but they aren't running ladies-only lessons during half-term week.

So. Does anyone with knowledge of Meribel know of a ski-school that is running ladies-only groups during half-term?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be surprised if you would find any, especially half term week. I worked in meribel for about 13 years and only ever booked mixed lessons for the clients. I never heard of any female specific lessons, apart from a couple of workers courses. They were run by a ski school called Marmalade. Did you want the instructor to be female as well?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The instructor doesn't need to be female (although wherever I have seen these groups advertised there does seem to be a tendancy for the instructor to be female). I've looked on the Marmalade website, but they don't make mention of a suitable group. I'll keep looking.. but it does look like we'll be having to look elsewhere that week.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was it the nature of the group that particularly worked for her or that the instructor's style particularly suited your wife? I'd guess it's the latter. I can't see how being in an all female group would make a difference.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jamescollings, send Marmalade a message to see if they can help. Jojo is a great instructor and I'm sure your wife would get on well with her if she was able to have lessons with her.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Was it the nature of the group that particularly worked for her or that the instructor's style particularly suited your wife? I'd guess it's the latter. I can't see how being in an all female group would make a difference.

Not having to be with blokes who either think they know it all, want to push the pace or turn everything into a competition or hog the instructor's attention? And/or over estimate their own competence.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
^^ this.

There are a number of reports about this around the web. Women learn better in groups of other women. There are various theories, but the stereotypical 'perfectionism' of a woman compared to the 'that'll do' approach of a man is part of the reason.
It may be that we return to the option of 121 lessons, but she found it particularly useful to watch other similarly skilled women at close quarters as well as receiving the close attention of the instructor.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Was just about to say same as @rob@rar, marmalade are very accommodating to specific requirements and Jojo is great (as they are). Half term might be the fly in the wine, however.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Marmalade has a new MarmaLady, Milli who is a long term Meribel resident. She told me a while back that her and JoJo are planning on offering women's weeks, yoga and ski etc...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

MarmaLady

Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@skimottaret, @Hurtle, Nick from Marmalade completely marmalised me on an off-piste day couple of years back. After about the 6th descent of the morning I'd gone beyond the 'toughen up princess' stage into full on bottom lip quiver and gibbering.

Was compensated for it the next day when we met him leading a seasonaires improvers group around and he stacked it when demonstrating skiing backwards.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm also interested in this, taking my lady to meribel and she needs lessons, wasn't looking for ladies only lessons but Dave of the Marmottes has a point.

Could only see Mon & Weds group lessons on marmalade site though, everything else looks to be private lessons.

ESF rolling eyes has ladies only package including lunches and spas. No prices though.
https://www.ski-school-meribel-mottaret.com/adults/me-time-for-her
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I’m in Meribel from 6-16 Feb dog sitting (lol) whilst my middle aged husband and friends are off ski touring. I can ski most blue runs in the 3 valleys if there are other ladies looking for a ski buddy. Might be able to do the odd red if lessons with Parallel lines w/c 29 Jan go well (level 4 if anyone else wants to join me). They were recommended by an ex instructor friend.
Cheers
Helen
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi @Nell, welcome to SnowHeads. I am in Courchevel the week of the 12th if you are over that way and fancy someone to ski with. I prefer blues and I'm too slow for my husband and daughter.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Half term might be the fly in the wine, however.

Likely. Millie told me last March that she was already booked for this coming half term. Still worth asking, though. Plans change and people cancel.
ski holidays
Hi J9 that sounds great as I will have a 3 Valleys pass and there are some great blues over that side.
snow conditions
Hi @Nell welcome to Snowheads! snowHead

My girlfriend will be in lessons with parralel lines w/c 29th also. Though she is level 2 though.

Is your husband ski touring with parralel lines or mates? I'm also interested in off piste adventures 28th to 3rd and was thinking to book with a ski guide.
snow conditions
Hi@Nell, I will PM you my mobile number and you can text me if you fancy it Happy
snow conditions
Hi @Lost in the trees, my husband is off with mates.
Hi @J9, that would be great.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy