Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lech - Ski School Recommendations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys
My wife, cub and I are off to Lech in March '18 and I'm looking for a good ski school for her. She's an early intermediate, confident on blues but not on reds. She's able to parallel to a point but still ploughs when it gets a little tougher. Has anyone been and can recommend a good school to me?
Best
KB
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spent 5 full seasons in Lech. You can't really beat Lech ski school. There are 2 alternative's. One at the base of the 'home run', but mainly for the more advanced skier. The other up at Oberlech is also very good but is not as flexible as the main Lech ski school. Most of their instructors will speak English and you will have no difficulty in getting some good coaching. Remember if your 'cub' doesn't like school, it's NOT ski SCHOOL, it's professional sports coaching!! Lech is the most amazing village with one of the best ski areas in the world. Good luck.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi. Thanks for getting back to me. It's for my missus as the cub is not two yet Happy. Also Missus speaks German fluently so language not a problem. Assume you recommend Oberlech in that case?

We are staying at Hotel Theodul. Any recommendations for the town itself for a nice meal one evening?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Theodul is in Lech, not in Oberlech.
The Lech skischool is larger, so better chance of a suitable group with similar ability. Apart from that: the Lech skischool is one of the most famous in Austria. Can't go wrong here!

For restaurant suggestions you need to be more specific. Lech has some excellent restaurants, in all categories. But for that special night out I would suggest one of the fine-dining options. You will be amazed by the choice available.

Authentic Austrian style, and very popular: Hüs8
"New-authentic" Austrian hütte style, stylish: Schneggarei
Fine dining (Michelin starred): Wunderkammer in Almhof Schneider, or Gasthof Post
Reservations are essential, for Hüs8 and Schneggarei preferably 2 weeks before...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you are staying in the Theodul, that is now run by VIP SKi on a fully catered basis so is fantastic value for Lech. On the staffs night off, the Haus Nr 8 is a few paces away and probably the most famous restaurant in Lech, however you WILL need to book NOW to get a place. Rarely has spare capacity as it's so well patronised. I disagree about Schneggarei by the way, to me its just a bit of a glorified Pizza place, very good but not in the same league as Haus Nr 8. Read some reviews to get a better idea. If you get the local Blue bus free) up to Zug there are also some fantastic places there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
If you are staying in the Theodul, that is now run by VIP SKi on a fully catered basis so is fantastic value for Lech. On the staffs night off, the Haus Nr 8 is a few paces away and probably the most famous restaurant in Lech, however you WILL need to book NOW to get a place. Rarely has spare capacity as it's so well patronised. I disagree about Schneggarei by the way, to me its just a bit of a glorified Pizza place, very good but not in the same league as Haus Nr 8. Read some reviews to get a better idea. If you get the local Blue bus free) up to Zug there are also some fantastic places there.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im staying at the Theodul in March too! As it is a VIP hotel not chalet, you get breakfast and dinner on all 7 nights but I am sure you could go out if you wanted too.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Old Man Of Lech, you made the mistake to have ordered pizza at the Schneggarei Razz Normal food is definitely excellent, and clearly of Almhof Schneider quality and style (owners). Need to be on the first floor though.
Whilst Hüs8 is getting a bit complacent. Food is ok, but nothing to rave about; not 'famous'. Totally charming atmosphere though. And we always get a table when booking two weeks ahead. End february that is...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Langerzug. Never actually ordered Pizza at Schneggarei. The times I have eaten there I have assiduously avoided it, but the dishes I have had were good. I just think other places have a more authentic feel, but 'you pays your money and takes your choice' I always say you will rarely if ever be disappointed in Lech.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Old Man Of Lech, yes, quality mostly in restaurants is mostly good. Although Ambrosius is really to be avoided the last few years.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone staying in the Arlberg looking to skip meals for one day and eat out should do lunch in the Hospiz Alm in my opinion. Book a table about 1.30-2pm and then kick on from there.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Going to Lech a week on Saturday and I'm looking for private lessons while I'm there. Is the Lech ski school still the best choice? Anyone in particular?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy