Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2017/18 inc useful links

Poster: A snowHead
Great conditions at present in L2A. More light snow on Monday was followed by the sun coming out yesterday. Pistes are in excellent shape, there's plenty of pow, it's not too busy, even the glacier and the bottom run down to Mont De Lans are open if you want the full on leg burner Skullie
Looks like we'll have a little snow today, but the vis looks pretty poor. Rest of the week looking awesome weather wise, with sunshine and cold temps.
Enjoy! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@TheGingerPrince, Thanks for the update!! I'm arriving tomorrow for a long weekend skiing!! Cant wait!!

Quick question - What are the roads like in resort? I'm driving so any advice is welcome.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The roads are good, there was a fine dusting of snow in the village today but nothing major. Great conditions high up above the cloud. Very cold though!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good to know, thanks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Left L2A on Monday morning as more snow was falling. Skiied for 3 days (longest we could leave the kids) from Friday. Friday was a beautiful blue sky day and bitterly cold, with drinks freezing in the Pano bar during a quick stop around 11am! Saturday was also brilliant with only the odd cloud in the sky and slightly warmer. Had a flat light day on Suinday with snow from 2600 upwards. Made conditions tricky but still skied through it!

A lovely trip and would defo head back to L2A for longer and happy to bring the kids next time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sunday and Monday were mixed although there were patches of sunshine and fresh snow on Monday. Nice it to be able to make fresh tracks on piste and the two blacks into La Fee were great fun even for the more cautious in our group.

Tuesday was really good on the pistes - crisp snow. By midday Wednesday just about every slope you looked at had been skied and the pistes were a tad icy in places so the best skiing was to the side of most pistes.

Today was pretty miserable. Eventually went out persuaded by a majority vote. It was raining. Went higher and higher hoping for some sun but the rain barely turned to snow all the way up to the glacier and spent most of the morning skiing in sticky stuff, very slowly with a snake of complaining companions behind me. Eventually sacked it off after skiing all the clumps of trees we could find at resort level for a bit of a challenge. There only seem to teenagers out there at the moment. More of the same expected tomorrow
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Er - slightly urgent Confused Does anyone on this thread know a good garage in L2A? Checked car this evening and catastrophic battery failure. Obvs have breakdown cover but guessing it will be just as easily sorted locally rather than firing up some Bombay based call centre. If someone knows a decent garagiste locally a contact would be appreciated...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Worried about transfer/weather Saturday!
My son and his GF are flying into Grenoble and picking up a car to drive to the resort.
Snow-forecast.com is predicting heavy snow all day Saturday. Will they need to get chains for the car (never used them before - how easy are they to get/use?) or would it be better to cancel the car and try get booked on a coach transfer?
Any suggestions/advice from you lovely les2alpes regulars would be much appreciated!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@coldhands, I drove to L2A a couple of weeks ago. Has you son driven in the mountains before? With snow? Is he a confident driver? The final stretch into and out of L2A can be a daunting task if you have limited experience. If he has any concerns i'd suggest booking the Ben bus from Grenoble and cancelling the hire car. The transfer will be much cheaper than a hire car and all the worry is outsourced. Unless he plans on using the hire car during his trip?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Roscoe, Thanks. No driving experience in mountains or heavy snow but fairly confident and car will not move once there. Ben's bus looking full for his flights and private transfers are too expensive. Hire cars should come with chains, Yes? Guess he'll just need to be really careful.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just rented from avis last week. They seemed to have chain available although no snow was really in forecast. I would call rental company and reserve them. Putting them on is another story. Don’t think it’s particularly easy, but I have never used them.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@coldhands, I would add snow chains to the booking now if possible? I hired with Avis and paid 25 CHF to have them. I've heard stories of the chain's being in the car's but if not booked, and then used, they charge around 70-75 CHF.

I never used the chains but maybe should of on the decent. The car had winter tyres and the snow was cleared by a plough on the way down.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Roscoe, Thanks, I will let him know to make sure they are added.
@Redwine, ditto
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How's the conditions in L2A at the minute snowheads? Flying out in 2 and a half weeks, can't bloody wait!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Webcam photo from the (melting and closed) L2A glacier last week.

snow conditions
Closed for the second year in a row
ski holidays
Any snow heads out in L2A at the moment? I’m already counting down the days until I head out in Jan, I need constant updates. NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy