Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on Austria!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there looking at Austria for a trip for me and a couple of mates, there will probably end up to be probably 3 of us in the end after the usual couple of dropouts! Looking to go self catering keep costs down for 4 nights or so! Any advise on where to go..was looking at Saalbach and a couple of other places a good night life would be preferred and a good ski area. Advice on where to go and where to find reasonably priced digs would be appreciated! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Samc12, so many options! Given the lack of specifics then I would suggest anywhere in the Zillertal. Best known resort being Mayrhofen which has lively après slightly less bargain basement accommodation. Plenty of skiing for 3-4 days and hintertux glacier not far in times of shortage of the white stuff
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mayrhofen or saalbach! You won't go wrong with either. We (group of lads of varying ability and good apres a must) went to mayrhofen regularly for a few years and loved it but then tried saalbach just for a change. Our 3rd trip is already booked! Massive ski area and mega apres!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowsartre, @Whitty, Thanks for the advice was steering more toward Saalbach any ideas on where to get cheap and cheerful self catered accommodation?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You will find it difficult to make a 4 day booking for SC accomodation expect to have to pay for 6/7 days.

B&B ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Samc12, It's true to say that most people who let self-catering accommodation in Saalbach prefer to let on a weekly basis. However much depends on the dates and whether it's a time of the season that is in demand. Also some apartment owners, who have apartments outside the village (therefore necessitating reliance on ski buses, taxis or hire car) may find it more difficult than others to attract bookings and may be prepared to consider a 4 night booking. Some may also place a higher priority on the type of people they're letting to than the length of the booking.
It may also be worth mentioning that, if you can find someone who is willing to book the other half of the week, the potential problem is thereby solved.
There is a growing community of British people who own and let apartments is Saalbach and I am always happy to send round a message on behalf of anyone who is looking for accommodation.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In the winters of 2014/15 & 2015/16 Mrs B & I skied about 140 days (in total) in 35 (of the 90 odd) resorts covered by the Tirol Snowcard.

That was split over about 8 trips per season (between mid October & May) and only rarely did we spend 7 nights in one place. We stayed only in self catering apartments & usually booked late (or very late i.e. on the day) once we saw where the good snow was. Booking.com & Hotels.com were the main websites we used, though we occasionally used the official websites of the resorts concerned, and we had many 3 or 4 night stays on our travels.

I'd second Mayrhofen as a destination. Fantastic for a lads' trip!
Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Samc12 wrote:
@Snowsartre, @Whitty, Thanks for the advice was steering more toward Saalbach any ideas on where to get cheap and cheerful self catered accommodation?

Can't remember names of last 2 but not had a bad one yet. We're booked in pension Wallner for our next trip.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hiya me and friends will be in Saalbach between 10-14th January. We are sharing an apartment at Haus Eder Steiner, tey ri cintact them they atill may have vacancies. Or try the apartments by Easy Holiday
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Samc12, As previously mentioned, we have a list of British apartment owners in Saalbach and I'm happy to put out the feelers if you can give me final numbers and preferred dates.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @brangelina7,

Are your chalets catered? I'm a very fussy eater and insist on a particular processed pork product made by the Hormel Foods Corporation, commonly sold in cans.

Is that on the menu?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saalbach.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Tatman's Tours Thanks for the offer, Just away on work but once I get chance when I'm home to meet up with the rest of the lads and they like the idea, will more than likely be in touch, just hope they dont drop out! rolling eyes
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy