Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where? Summer ski 5-12 August (Europe)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear Snowheads, I have a window of opportunity in the week 5th - 12th August, and was thinking of trying to get some summer skiing in. I think Tignes closes 5th Aug, so L2A or Tux look like the best bet. Fonna, Norway may be an option, but Zermatt/Cervinia is looking too pricy.

Can anyone gives a heads up on conditions in L2A and Tux, and how things are holding up (it’s still 5 weeks away...). Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm thinking Stelvio Pass, Italy at that time
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Mike Pow, great shout. Looks like I can get a Ryanair flight to Bergamo, which I wouldn’t normally do as I tend to take my own skis (and fly with SAS as I get extra baggage allowance etc). But I think I will hire in this case anyway. It’s a contender...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Themasterpiece, I’d save your money or hire a mountain bike instead. Skied on Tignes glacier back in the 90’s in August and to say it was underwhelming is an understatement!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Markymark29, I did a Snoworks summer ski course at Tignes a couple of summers ago and loved it... If I was just skiing on the glacier obviously that would get old quite quickly, but I’d look to join a course or get technical tuition also.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Markymark29 wrote:
@Themasterpiece, I’d save your money or hire a mountain bike instead. Skied on Tignes glacier back in the 90’s in August and to say it was underwhelming is an understatement!

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, I used to hitch hike down there in the early ninties when the glacier was larger than what it is now, 48 hours to get down, stay in a back packers on the outskirts of Tignes, used to have a blast boarding off piste in untracked snow

I’m doing a warrren smith course in Cerviniai this July, agree that summer skiing is great for training

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 1-07-18 19:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fish_Head wrote:
Markymark29 wrote:

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, I used to hitch hike down there in the early ninties when the glacier was larger than what it is now, 48 hours to get down, stay in a back packers on the outskirts of Tignes, used to have a blast boarding off piste in untracked snow

I’m doing a warrren smith course in Cerviniai this July, agree that summer skiing is great for training
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd second what @Markymark29 says. You can get lucky and it's puked 50cm of pow, but generally the glaciers in August look like shite and most of them don't even bother opening any more. Hintertux is the only one that is open year round in Austria.
There are better things to do in the moutains in summer!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Summer skiing is fun if you are there to do other things (mtb/vvt, canyoning, rafting, climbing, hiking). I wouldn't go there primarily for the skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Conditions were good a week or so ago at Tux, but by mid August will probably be terrible, summer skiing is best done by the start of July, anytime after that and its a lottery. We slotted in a days skiing/boarding between, mountain biking, walking, via ferrata, and rafting. So plenty to do if the snow has turned to dirty ice with rivers running down it.

http://youtube.com/v/aGZJXMptioU
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy