Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet baggage fees

Poster: A snowHead

@Fridge03, No, it's the same price.

I'm now in EJ Flight club and rarely book luggage when I book the flight, in case I want to change the flight. Most of my flights are without luggage so all of my luggage is only booked just before I fly.

The photo is in the app, for a flight next week, which I am already checked in to.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bar shaker, Thanks for that.

Nice to know we won't be stitched up with extra fees.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just wanted to refresh this thread and ask again, I never really got sorted last time and am wanting to book EJ winter flights Luton/ Innsbruck for March 19. There will be loads of SH folk on here who use EJ a lot more than us for skiing and may be able to offer advice.

Me and MrsMM29 want to take 2 ski bags, roller type and fill with ski gear and clothes ideally rather than hold luggage bags but understand they have a weight limit per bag of 20kg on ski bags, plus are you allowed to put clothes in, or just ski hardware?

Also we'll probably need a third, normal bag between us for additional clothes/ shoes, 10 day trip, so probably looking at 2 x ski bags plus 1 x 20kg hold bag.

Any hints/ advice? TIA.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It’s supposed to be only skiing equipment, but I usually pack clothes. If you’re taking a hold bag then it may be worth upping the weight limit (I believe the standard is now 23kg). You can then pool your weight limit across all bags.

E.g me and the old man for the EoSB booked a ski bag (which EJ say can be 20kg) and 32kg hold bag, giving us an overall allowance of 52kg. We actually travelled with a ski bag that weighed 32kg and about 18kg in the other hold bag.

It’s more difficult if you don’t have the hold bag, if you’re only travelling with ski bag and hold luggage they want to restrict you to the 20kg or make you pay the full price for an additional hold bag. In the past I’ve just booked the skis on as a hang glider, which they allow a 32kg limit for. Not had a problem but suspect it could catch me out if the bag went missing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rules can change all the time. What may have been may not be the case when you book or travel.

I found their website relatively clear and helpful but if not then I have used their chat to confirm an understanding plus they send you an email transcript that you can wave around at the check in desk if the staff there are not au fait with the current rules.

I did like the fact (last year) that buying a ski allowance meant I could take a ski bag and a boot bag under that allowance.

I think more recently it has been about buying weight and distributing it around the number of bags subject to a max weight for any individual bag. Buy on line as cheaper than in the day.

Plus loading up your handluggage as only size limits here and how much you can lift.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Markymark29, Can you fit all the skis in one bag? They do not care what is in the bag, whether it is clothes or extra skis.

The way we normally do it is:
1x ski bag with 2-3 pairs of skis in (could do 4, if they're CL...) and the weight made up with shovel, probe, skins etc.
2x suitcase with ski boots and clothes, weight distributed across both
2x ski backpack as hand luggage, containing a full change of ski gear and a butty Cool

This means only paying for one ski bag rather than two (if I'm travelling with a mate we still put all the skis in one bag), though I haven't tried the ski-bag-as-normal-bag suggestion you were pedalling yesterday.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarlet, it's worth checking Ts & Cs/FAQs in detail, I seem to remember one airline stipulating that ski bag could only contain one pair of skis and boots. Another stated that it was 'skiing equipment', so could include shovel etc. Generally I think the check-in people aren't too fussed, but it could cause insurance issues if something went missing and you needed to claim back.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Have you had issues with insurance in such circumstances? It's one thing surmising that problems may occur, but another to have experience of this actually happening, especially if it doesn't and then it's just misinformation. I have no idea whether this is a problem or not, but I can say that from my own experience of hauling a huge bag of skis around, no airline I have used (Easyjet, Lufthansa, KLM, Monarch) has even given a flying monkeys what's in there.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Scarlet, no, thankfully not had anything go missing. I chuck everything in their too, 3 pairs of skis, clothes etc. etc. just worth a caveat, they wouldn't put it in their terms if it wasn't because there may be an occasion when they want to wriggle out of it. Personally I'm happy taking the risk, but my skis aren't worth as much as yours Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Yeah, well, I kinda solved the problem by moving to continental Europe and buying an estate car wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@SnoodlesMcFlude, @Scarlet, but isn't it the airport/baggage handling that deals with insurance claims not the airline?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@holidayloverxx, in my experience it’s always been the airline, followed by my insurance company (in that order, I.e. insurance company wants me to mitigate loss first - if the airline gives me £x straight away them the insurance won’t also pay that). Airport and baggage handling have no direct contract or contact with me the consumer, and my insurance company has only ever asked for details from the airline.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarlet wrote:
@SnoodlesMcFlude, Have you had issues with insurance in such circumstances? It's one thing surmising that problems may occur, but another to have experience of this actually happening, especially if it doesn't and then it's just misinformation. I have no idea whether this is a problem or not, but I can say that from my own experience of hauling a huge bag of skis around, no airline I have used (Easyjet, Lufthansa, KLM, Monarch) has even given a flying monkeys what's in there.

Hi, someone on here has had actually had this problem and posted about it in the last couple of months. I've tried finding the thread but no success. He packed his and his wife's skis in one bag. The airline terms stated one pair of skis only per bag are allowed. When the airline lost the ski bag (I don't recall if it was eventually found and delivered to him during/after the trip), his travel insurance refused to pay for costs related to two pairs of skis.

I can't recall the name of the insurer.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 30-05-18 14:26; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@snow name, and in reality insurance companies (generally) reduce the payout over about 4 years until the skis have no value at all. In my case I wouldn't worry as 1 pair is 3 years old so I would only get 25% of value (less excess which pretty much negates any payment) and the other is about 7 years old so no value.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@holidayloverxx, good point, I forgot that insurers will only pay a percentage of the cost to buy new skis. In case it's of interest to you, MPI pay 45% if the skis are up to three years old. (Btw, I'm not an insurance nerd - I've just checked out of curiosity as I'm currently with MPI.)
snow conditions
If you go BA from LHR you can fly with one hold bag up to 23kg for £136 return. Then the second person books club for £230 and can take 2x32kg so one hold is skis and one hold is normal bag. You can also then take one cabin bag each (with boots) and a laptop bag.
Heathrow has lots of bus connections so easy to get to.
ski holidays
Thanks all.....just out of curiosity I used the "chat" EJ thing, was caller number 48 and waited 38 mins to get to the front of the queue, then had a prolonged chat for about 10 mins whilst the person presumably took another 15 calls and was juggling a few random questions about bags, and took ages to reply.

Upshot from the call was:-
1. Only one pair of skis, poles and boots in each ski bag, definitely no ski gear or clothes (up to 20kg per bag).....must be heavy skis eh? wink
2. Hold bag for clothes, mustn't put them in the ski bags she said.

Way I read that is they cant deviate from policy in writing, even on a chat. Think we'll just take 2 rollers and fill up to 20kg and buy a 20-23kg hold bag as well if needed (need to carry 2x ABS's too in there). I reckon we could manage with one roller bag, 2 pairs of skis and kit in it, leave ski boots and ABS's in resort, and buy 1 x 23kg hold bag too but MrsMM29 might not agree. Laughing
latest report
Markymark29 wrote:
Thanks all.....just out of curiosity I used the "chat" EJ thing, was caller number 48 and waited 38 mins to get to the front of the queue, then had a prolonged chat for about 10 mins whilst the person presumably took another 15 calls and was juggling a few random questions about bags, and took ages to reply.

Upshot from the call was:-
1. Only one pair of skis, poles and boots in each ski bag, definitely no ski gear or clothes (up to 20kg per bag).....must be heavy skis eh? wink
2. Hold bag for clothes, mustn't put them in the ski bags she said.

Well on the last three trips they have never enquired or cared as to the content of my ski bag, just weighed it. I have very heavy skis too! wink
snow report
I often travel with two pairs of skis in one bag on EasyJet, never had a problem. Never been asked what's in the bag either. I pay for Upfront seats, which gets me Speedy Boarding (pointless) and a guaranteed second bag in the cabin. So my cabin luggage is a small roller suitcase with ski boots and other ski clothing plus a rucsac that takes my helmet plus the usual inflight stuff. More cost effective to do this than buy heavier luggage allowance plus even if my bags get delayed/lost I can ski on day 1 as I have the boots and clothing.
latest report
@Valkyrie, good idea that for £10 more you get a quicker boarding, seats at the front and a second bag on board (size limit but no weight limit so can get 10-12kg in both), balance of clothes, boots, helmet etc in hand luggage. Looks like a plan, I like creative thinking! Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy