Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland Snow Reports 2017 / 2018

Poster: A snowHead
Cant remember, but someone who had been up the day before told me this on the wall t bar, I said at the top, the guy was lucky and the chap said "lucky? Stupid"
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I had a moment on Flypaper the other week when we were dropping into FP one at a time I just set off 3rd in line and a guy game flying down past me on his tails fell on the ice and just managed to scrabble himself to a stop so i though got to get away from this plonker, he then procceded to traverse high left just below the top across a big wide patch of unskied slab also above us all now😠 he was suitably told not to do that again.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Alastair Pink, here is a account of what happened.

http://crankitupgear.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/a-trip-to-white-room.html?m=1
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:
According to a report on the Winterhighland Forum a lone skier had a very luck escape at Glencoe yesterday when he triggered an avalanche whilst skiing the (closed!!) Flypaper run. rolling eyes

From the post on Winterhighland Forum, quote "Lone skier. Skived off work and hadn't even told his wife he was going skiing. wink
Traversed from lower Spring Run across the "Spring-paper" and triggered a very large avalanche which spread across the entire Flypaper bowl to Baillies gully. Buried to almost his neck for 40 minutes. Eventually managed to wriggle one hand free and get phone out of his breast pocket to call a friend. Eventually located, on second pass, and dug out by ski patrollers..."

That is one, lucky, lucky skier!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
meandrew wrote:
@Alastair Pink, here is a account of what happened.

http://crankitupgear.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/a-trip-to-white-room.html?m=1

@meandrew, thanks for that detailed link. It says "No one gave him a hard time". Very laudable, but I hope he did at least receive some gentle advice about his decision to ski a closed run....
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Alastair Pink, me and old edge predator were skiing very near and was passed by the rescue party as we were also skiing off Spring run the skier was just too far over, as I said earlier it was pretty foolish given the conditions.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@meandrew, I just watched OAP's Spring Run clips on FB. The snow quality looked wonderful, the visibility not so much. It helped the video that you were wearing some colour ... nice skiing Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last Friday's incident of the skier being caught in an avalanche he triggered at Glencoe now reported on BBC
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The weather this morning had a long article on a village in Yorkshire with 5cm of snow and the local school had to close! There has been over a foot of fresh dry snow, with sub zero temperatures where I am in Scotland. This was not expected in such quantities here. (as far west as this)

Could be a spectacular March for Scottish skiing judging by the current snow base and the forecast snow and temperatures.

The wind will reduce in March, and the sun will come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is 2” of freshes on Buchanan Street!!!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haven't see this much snow in the Edinburgh area for at least 8 years. We've almost a foot in our garden (just outside Edinburgh) and drifts against our conservatory as it's been whipped up by the strong wind!

Hopefully, the Scottish resorts are all being dumped on. They were all stormbound today. I should have been at Glenshee with the Scottish Schools but a decision was made on Monday to pull the races. The irony is the races didn't happen on the first date as there wasn't enough snow and now on the back-up they been cancelled as there is too much! Also at risk this week is the SSBX at Glenshee. They need to be building the course tomorrow but as the equipment is likely to be needed to get the resort functioning then there is a risk there won't be a course.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There have been folk snowboarding down the road here in Partick. Too deep on the grass by the flats to get moving, so they're using the road instead. Had a walk down it and doesn't seem to be much risk of hitting the road surface, if you keep to easy turns. Was sledging for us this evening but think I'll be breaking out the skis tomorrow. Never seen it dumping like this in the UK before, more like the Alps.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I put first tracks down the Col de Colinton in SW Edinburgh this am - lovely fresh pow but got through to the base (road) a couple of times very lightly, 5 runs before breakfast ! Heading up Allermuir later on with touring gear to see what we can find.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@orange, good work. snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SSBX cancelled. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Glenshee still stormbound. If it clears and they get the A93 open, then the conditions look superb at the weekend. Might be a bit cloudy and windy though.
latest report
@Gaza, Do you have this link for the road cameras in Perthshire, http://www.pkc.gov.uk/trafficcameras normally one at the Spittal of Glenshee snow gates but it seems to be out of commission.
ski holidays
@larry1950, I havnt seen the Spittal one, but the Glenshee twitter account is good at letting you know if its passable or not.

I cant get the car out of my street in Edinburgh today, so a moot point !
ski holidays
Spittal cam is here https://www.dalmunzieestate.com/Glenshee-Webcam although i did see something saying the feed was broken just now.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-03-18 16:03; edited 1 time in total
snow report
It's been stuck on that image for weeks; the Glenshee website tells you if the road is open.
snow conditions
Loads of snow at the Scottish centres as we head towards their peak season period.
snow conditions
Glenshee opened on Sat lunchtime for people coming from the Braemar side (the Spittal side of the A93 was closed). They had 7 lifts open on the Sat so only charged £17, which I thought was very reasonable, and the snow was of course excellent. Having skied at Glenshee on Monday and Tuesday we'd not been able to go there Wednesday through to Friday because the centre was stormbound and the A93 road was closed from both sides. So we were very pleased to to be able to ski there yesterday. Smile Today we sadly had to leave Braemar to drive home - the A93 was initially again only open from the Braemar side to the ski centre, so we left Braemar just after 09:30, drove to the ski centre and had some coffee and snacks in the cafe and then continued south as soon as the A93 opened on the Spittal side, which was just before 11am. Loads of vehicles in the car park today, people skiing there today are in for a treat. Smile
latest report
It just wont stop snowing in Scotland !
Main basin Glencoe was recording 490cm a week ago Cool Glenshee is really getting it now and the prospects are superb once the visibility improves and they dig the lifts out.
ski holidays
Just booked the day off for Friday......Glenshee prep for Tignes at Easter................yipeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy
snow report
Deleted

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 7-03-18 9:12; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I'm going to Glenshee on Thursday by myself & Saturday with the children.
ski holidays
Wow Cool

http://m.webcam-hd.com/ski-scotland/glenshee
snow report
Lots and lots

ski holidays
Glenshee today with a mate. Probably the best day skiing in Scotland since I was a kid.

A bit misty early and late, but vis for the most part was decent. Snow quality was spectacular, pistes were perfect, including those unpisted.
It was quiet, not too windy, and we did a power of skiing. All in all a great day.
N.b. if you went by met office you might not have gone. Use MWIS for accurate forecast.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have sore legs after skiing off-piste at Glenshee all day. A great day indeed, although I found if a bit icy in parts.
snow report
Glenshee looking superb today.

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/index.php?50,4530
ski holidays
@Peter S, it was! Cool
snow conditions
I had a wee ski in the Moffat Hills yesterday Happy

Continuous snow to skin on from end to end ...

Mountain hares everywhere, bobbing upslope as we climbed ...

Crossing the brow of Cramalt Craig ...

My pal took an adventurous way in ...

And found a perfect white room ...

I'm a pussy cat and like my sunshine ...

Repeated through untouched stashes on neighbouring hills until the sun left the powdery slopes ...

Then skied all the way back to the car ...
snow report
Wow! Great stuff! Must get up there some time for our debut ski tour in the area Smile
snow conditions
Agreed snowHead
latest report
Vintage season for western Scotland.

Glencoe has had a record number of summit-to-valley skidays this year.
ski holidays
Glencoe, this weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYB4yf7X4AEd1HS?format=jpg
snow report
Cairngorm bought the only snowtrain in the world that does not work when it snows...

https://m.facebook.com/CairnGormMtn/posts/1634777276615784
latest report
On Lowther Hill this afternoon. Proper grass roots club skiing in the South of Scotland Happy

http://rossofmoffat.com/albums/lowther-hills-ski-club/

On the way up ...

Top of Lowther rope tow ...

Bottom of Lowther rope tow ...

Skiers on Lowther Hill ...

Good coverage of fast, sugary spring snow ...

A mile long run from the top ...

Looking back to the hills as the light fades ...
snow report
Brilliant pictures Ross. Bet you didn't have to compete fro first tracks either !

Amazing skiing across Scotland over the weekend. Take your pick of venues Cool

http://www.winterhighland.info/publicreports/
snow report
Had a great day at Glencoe yesterday. Cant wait for next weekend.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy