Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski pants for tall people

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Looking for help my son is 15 years old skinny and 6'3''. I'm looking for ski pants but I can't seem to find anything in long leg. The regular leg pants come halfway up his shin and he won't go out looking like that. Also I don't want to spend a fortune. Any ideas much appreciated
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@woodworm, I would look for sale bargains from Nordic brands, as they typically are tall and slim. It also depends on what you consider a fortune.

Get yourself registered with SportPursuit (https://www.sportpursuit.com/skiing), and keep checking.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@woodworm, @layne will I am sure be along shortly, he's not exactly on the short side and would only be considered fat at a Super Model's convention, and even then he'd be borderline. I'm sure he'll have some advice. I can't as my inside leg is about the same as my waist....
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@woodworm,

1. Ski pants are very yesterday. Looks for shells. Many brands do in S, M, L lengths.

2. Given ski boots are what they are, you are arguably better off with pants that are somewhat shorter than you would normally have.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski pants don't have to be that long ... nobody is going to see his socks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
woodworm wrote:
Hi
Looking for help my son is 15 years old skinny and 6'3''. I'm looking for ski pants but I can't seem to find anything in long leg. The regular leg pants come halfway up his shin and he won't go out looking like that. Also I don't want to spend a fortune. Any ideas much appreciated

As many people here will testify I am a bit taller than 6'3"

I struggled with getting long ski pants for a long time. It turns out that the easiest answer is basically pies.

If that's not an option - I do have some really long Marmot salopettes. I'll look into what they're called.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@dp, Genune question this but, is the pies thing a ski shop or does it refer to eating more pies, if the later is the case how does it help?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
http://www.marmot.com/precip-pant-long/41240L.html
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/mission-pant
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Matrski wrote:
@dp, Genune question this but, is the pies thing a ski shop or does it refer to eating more pies, if the later is the case how does it help?

Bigger waisted trousers come with longer inside leg measurements so increasing the waist line via pies (or any other British staple food) will allow you to wear trousers with longer legs.

Or get a belt or braces or both. There is another thread about the wearing of belts with ski trousers. Such is Snowheads that you can get advice on everthing here!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@altis, those won't be waterproof will they? - cue soggy bottoms on chairlifts...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DWR innit.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@woodworm, forget it. It isn't going to happen as I was lamenting 5 years ago

If you look at altis's link for example it says
Quote:
Available in 29in/73cm (short), 31in/79.5cm (regular) & 33in/84.5cm (long)

Sorry but 33in is NOT long!

Whereas under a new name links to a product that you get a 34" leg - but it's an XL with a wast size 37-39. That is what you are up against.

I wear Surfanics which have braces, with a wider than required waist but not ridiculous and a length that is decent. They aren't too baggy. Basically it's a compromise.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Look for any brand that does race warm-up suits, you don't get many fat racers.

I'm 6'3", I have Beyond-X pants with the long leg option, the UK distributor is Incline Sports.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@altis, in fairness it doesn't actually detail that. But they do look mighty fine. I often wish M.E. had a better distribution in Europe (or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough).
ski holidays
I have their Liskamm pant which was an earlier incarnation made with Schoeller fabric. I'm 6 foot nothing and the regular length is fine for me. I'm sure the long ones will go near a 6'3". The ME 'fit' tends to be thin and lanky.

A few more ideas and details here:
https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=8277
..but make sure they have ankle zips and gussets to fit over ski boots and preferably have 'anti-crampon' patches to protect against ski edges.
ski holidays
Have a look at protest I am 6’6” with 34/36 inch waist and 36” inside leg, I have a pair and they are easily long enough, I.e drag along the floor without boots on. My eldest has my black pair, he’s 16 6’3”, and, likewise, they are more than long enough.
snow conditions
Yes so as alluded to above when I said 'pies' I was indeed referring to eating more pies and therefore increasing one's girth because clothing manufacturers seem to believe that length and girth are proportionate.
snow report
@maccaa, which pair?
ski holidays
Mine are these: https://www.marmot.com/spire-pant/7051.html and the long version is definitely long, when I take my boots off the bottom of the trouser touches the floor - so that's at least a 34" leg, possibly even longer.
snow conditions
I'm 6'1" 34"leg and 32" waist. Bought a pair of Sweet Protection monkey wrench pants in medium recently because in the picture they looked long (worn concertinaed up snowboardy style) so I thought I could fit in the medium and the length would be fine which they were. Had I gone for their suggested size they would have been too big and too long for me. Might work for the giants of snowHeads
ski holidays
@Layne they don’t seem to have a model name but it says geotech series, they look the same as the G Owenys on their website. I bought this pair about 3 years ago, and the previous ones maybe 3 years before that, both the same fit
ski holidays
@dp, @maccaa, not calling you out but it's hard to discern from these websites what the length is or what alternative lengths are available. For example it says "G Owenys come in a range of large sizes and generous fits" but the size selection just gives you usual S, M, L, XL options. Similar with the Marmot's. If these companies want to sell in varying lengths/fits they need to make it clear what is available.
ski holidays
@Layne, I agree, I only happened across mine as I could try them in a shop in Tignes whilst I was there. I have just measured mine. they are a 36" inside leg and the size is XL though there is velcro to reduce the waist size. Though this won't reduce the waist size to perfectly fit a skinny teenager !
snow report
Haglofs do (or at least used to) sensibly long pants in their long sizes. I have a similar physique and a 32in pant had a 34in inside leg.
snow report
I have a 35 inch inside leg and Dynafit ski pants are the best fitting I've ever skied in. Got some shells and touring pants, both are great.
ski holidays
Probably should add I'm a 33inch waist. The shells are their L and the touring pants M. Hope that helps.
latest report
Just had a quick google in Swedish and Freeride.se lead to to http://www.beyondx.se/sv/skidklader/unisex/byxor/

Apparently they can make/adjust leg and waist up to XXXL length.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@woodworm,
I've also been in this position with my 17 year old now 6'5 and slim. The best I found was North Face with extra leg length.

Do you have an outlet store near ?
snow conditions
Themasterpiece wrote:
Just had a quick google in Swedish and Freeride.se lead to to http://www.beyondx.se/sv/skidklader/unisex/byxor/

Apparently they can make/adjust leg and waist up to XXXL length.

I posted a link to the UK distributor earlier in the thread.
snow report
norrona lofoten? they're long(er) and have an easily adjustable waistband so if you're tall and slim (i'm 6'4", around 11st 5lb) they fit great.

some nice deals to be had on these bulletproof pants on the norrona online outlet store (although you couldn't ever call them cheap)

https://www.norrona.com/en-GB/o/lofoten-gore-tex-pro-pants-m/
snow report
Layne wrote:
@woodworm, forget it. It isn't going to happen as I was lamenting 5 years ago

If you look at altis's link for example it says
Quote:
Available in 29in/73cm (short), 31in/79.5cm (regular) & 33in/84.5cm (long)

Sorry but 33in is NOT long!

It is quite long. I'm 6ft (with long legs) and the regular is perfect for me. I'd say long length would be fine for someone who is 6ft3? It's a true 33, not a "jeans" 33.

Of all the ski pants, I wouldn't go for the misson as I like salopettes with braces, I've got Spectres http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/spectre-pant but I'd get the Havoc if I wanted a waterproof pair http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/havoc-pant
ski holidays
I didn’t realise that Norrona had an outlet site! That could be expensive...
latest report
Hopefully @woodworm, has got a few ideas from here wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy