Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'oulx Ski instruction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Sauze in January for two weeks and I'm planning on skiing for a week and then getting a full day of private instruction. I exercise quite a lot any way so I should be fit enough to last through a day of one on one after a week of skiing but I want to be able to make sure that I get the most out of it.

I'm 59 and I've been skiing since I was eleven, though I had a break of 22 years, only getting back into it three seasons ago (five weeks skied since then). I would describe myself as advenced/expert on piste and advanced off piste. My experience included, albeit many years ago, a season teaching in Aviemore and two seasons in Italy.

Could anyone recommend a Ski School or, even better, an individual instructor that I should book with? Or, at my age, should I just save the money and have a ball?!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe I should add that a local BASI instructor would be a bonus though not essential.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@esaw1, I can recommend Andrea or Roberto at Chalet Chez Nous - http://www.chaletcheznous.it/chalet-chez-nous-scuola-sci-uk.htm.

I am over 70, started skiing over 50 years ago, with a 15 year break until about 10 years ago. I found a private lesson here at Glenshee a couple of years ago eye opening - and I have had the odd lesson since - latest at the Warren Smith mogul course at Braehead a few weeks ago. Only you can decide whether you want to do it, but I would encourage you to have a go - as I said before the mogul course - it may not do any good, but it shouldn't do you any harm !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am also over 70 and I skied for 10 years in Sweden self taught. I then had a 27 year break from skiing but 2 years ago i had a week skiing in Bulgaria. Much came back but I was a lot older, less brave and less strong. Last year I was on the MYAShBash and had my first lessons. I found this very useful especially with modern skis and techniques that have evolved since I had been learning. I would thoroughly reccommend some lessons as they cant do any harm and will almost certainly be very helpful
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Best instructor I've ever had is called Osi and he works in Sauze. He's been teaching for about 45 years and still competes in the Italian Firefighters' Ski Races (he's a retained firefighter) Book him through this site http://www.scuolascisauzesportinia.com/index.php?lang=en
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ferry with the Red Ski School is incredible. He's full of life and really knows what he's doing.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy