Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice Needed for New Year Trip - where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, Normally my ski needs are pretty simple, drive to Austria, stay in a hotel or apartment and ski. Usually Feb half term so snow has never been an issue.

This year i'm trying to sort out a trip with another family plus friends of adult kids. 30th December for a week so snow may be a problem based on the last few years.

Everything seems so expensive, and not just due to the weakness of the pound.

So, I'm looking for recommendations...

There will be nine of us, one family of 5 + 1 friend, and one family of 3. Ideally looking for an apartment with 5 bedrooms, or a hotel ideally with a suite/ adjoining rooms for 4 people, another for 3, and a double room for kid+friend.

Austria great, I also loved the Sella Ronda when I went on the Birthday Bash last year, alternatively other parts of Italy, France tolerable. Happy to either drive or fly (prefer to fly this year). Needs to be near lifts and a bit of apres wouldn't hurt (famous last words)

Any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why not Austria? I went to Ski Amade for New Year last year and had no issues. First half of the week was quite solid artificial (but plenty to ski). Second half of the week was fresh tracks (if a little thin of piste in some areas).

This year I'm headed for La Plagne, fingers crossed for some snow!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Dirty Gibson, new year week is a peak week, it will be relatively expensive.

You can't do much about the snow aside from going to a resort with decent altitude, snow making, etc.

"France tolerable" suggests you really don't want to go to France?

Are you looking for apartments for 9. Bigger appartments tend to be more expensive that two smaller ones IME.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
Why not Austria? I went to Ski Amade for New Year last year and had no issues. First half of the week was quite solid artificial (but plenty to ski). Second half of the week was fresh tracks (if a little thin of piste in some areas).

This year I'm headed for La Plagne, fingers crossed for some snow!

Where did you go in Amade?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have a look on air bnb. I saw a few apartments when I was looking for Austria.
Or local area tourist websites can often do you a good deal. Well Austrian ones can I'm not sure about Italy or France.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dirty Gibson, stayed in Altenmarkt with a couple of friendly Snowheads but skied all over the place, Zauchansee/Flachauwinkel, Flachau/Wagrain/St Jo, Schladming etc etc
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@SnoodlesMcFlude, that was a great week! I am renting out the whole flat this season if you fancy getting a group together!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dirty Gibson, maybe give flangesax on here a PM? They are in Radstadt , I know they have a place that could cater to your needs but not sure if they have full availability
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kooky, I do fancy it but sadly you're too late Sad I've been unusually organised this year and already have 3 trips booked, just waited by for EoSB buttons so I can sort the fourth Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Kooky, are you renting week by week or looking to rent for the whole winter? It's not for me as I'm sorted now but just if I hear of any one else looking for somewhere.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy