Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chill factor instruction recomendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, actual advice please regarding Chill Factore. I have bought vouchers for lessons for my son in Law, who has never been on Ski's before. He will go into a full day at the Chill factor, learning such things as how to get boots on without swearing too much, how not to fall over whilst putting skis on, and then eventually I would hope to a decent snow plough, and maybe the button lift to practice.
It is a follow up private lesson for him and my Daughter, who has had 2 weeks skiing experience in the past with us, and is just into what used to be called a 'stem turn' Nearly parallel, Carving is what you do to the Sunday joint. They want a lesson together with a view to helping them both. Any recommendations or advice please? Chill Factore specific! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@twoodwar, I've just completed all the courses at the CF in the past three months. Your son in law will HAVE to complete the beginners course first. This can be done as an all day course in one go. He will not be allowed on the big slope with your daughter until he has completed that. The first part of that course is held on the beginners slope. The last part of that course will be on the bottom step of the main slope and will involve using the button lift. Once he's completed that course he should be OK to have a crack at the improver course with your daughter. The first hour of that is recapping what you did on the beginners course. The first part of the Improver course is held down on the bottom section of the main slope; but by lunchtime he/they will be skiing from the top. The aim of this course is to get you doing stem turns (plough parallel) by the end of it. The next course after that is the Developer course; which aims to take you through to doing parallel turns, or pretty close to it. Both the Improver course and the Developer course can also be done in one all day session (each). I would recommend doing the courses as all day sessions and not the three individual two hour session courses; where he will have forgotten some of what he was taught the last time, so progress will be slower, due to recapping each time.

BTW - The CF insist that visitors sign a document to say they can turn and control their speed before they are allowed on the main slope (for insurance reasons I guess). If you are seen on the slope and you clearly can't turn and control your speed, they WILL kick you off, regardless of what you've paid; as happened to me the first time I went.

Just my threepence worth.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Awdbugga, it is however specific private tuition info I'm after. His full day course should get him comfortably on the main slope. I've been to the chill factor a few times over the years since it opened, but never lessons. I'm after names of good instructors, or even if private tuition is worth it from previous experience. Again many thanks, but perhaps I was not clear enough in my request.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@twoodwar, I have spent a lot of time at CF over the last year however, I may be too late for you.... do let me know if you are still after advice!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy