Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Three Valleys 2017/2018: Méribel, Courchevel, Val Thorens, Les Menuires, La Tania, St Martin

Poster: A snowHead
Woohoo! Scooped a 2 dayer in VT next Tues/Weds. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shiprat wrote:

Hope it rains.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Layne wrote:
shiprat wrote:

Hope it rains.

Just joking NehNeh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The guys hiked and skied the Folyeres run going down to La Tania yesterday..

https://www.facebook.com/SnowRetreat/videos/900246353460831/

Been up to Courchevel today - absolutely stunning day - posting video soon. Gonna feel it tomorrow

Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great shots @offpisteskiing

Did anyone ski in Courchevel today?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep we did!

It was a beautiful day.. here is our little video:

https://www.facebook.com/SnowRetreat/videos/901032146715585/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
S3V have just announced they’ve produced a record half a million cubic metres of snow in Courchevel and La Tania this Winter already…. (that’s on top of the real stuff!).

Imagine 1,235 football pitches covered in 10cm of snow and you’ll get the idea of how incredible that is! No wonder The 3 Valleys can guarantee more skiing open than anywhere else…

90% ready to pull the trigger on a Christmas break in La Tania, trying to hold out long enough to still get a good deal and see something that resembles more snow on the way instead of high pressure blocking.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So much for "I'm never going again at Christmas/new year"... another week booked 20th - 27th Dec in La Tania, when does it become economical to get a season pass - got 7 days Christmas, 7 days at Easter, but have a few days before easter to use too, maybe the Family Bash straight after...

FI looking promising, if the low does come down then it looks like December might get off to a good start.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Opening Dates - Winter 2018

Now Open - Val Thorens Lifts
Fri 24 Nov - Le Farçon, La Tania opens
Sat 25 Nov - La Grande Première, Val Thorens Opening Event
Sat 25 Nov - Orelle Lifts open
Fri 01 Dec - Pub Le Ski Lodge, La Tania opens 17:00
Sat 09 Dec - Courchevel, Méribel, Les Menuires main lifts open
Sat 09 Dec - Pub Le Ski Lodge Opening Party
Sat 09 Dec - La Folie Douce, Méribel opens
Tue 12 Dec - La Taiga, La Tania opens
Sat 16 Dec - La Tania, 1650, St Martin lifts open
Sun 17 Dec - La Taiga Opening Party
Mon 18 Dec - latania.co.uk Saisonnaire Night & Welcome Party
Fri 22 Dec - Brides Les Bains lifts open
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just booked a week in Courchevel 1550, 13th of Jan. Fingers crossed for good conditions. I've gone Val Thorens twice and Meribel once, but never been based in Courchevel, looking forward to it!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Little Martin, you should look into the Liberty Pass - it may be more economical for you. https://www.les3vallees.com/en/ski-pass/3-vallees-liberty-pass
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
J9 wrote:
@Little Martin, you should look into the Liberty Pass - it may be more economical for you. https://www.les3vallees.com/en/ski-pass/3-vallees-liberty-pass

I don't think so. Unless I have misunderstood, this gives you 10% off the daily rate, so you will still pay €55 per day (instead of €61) for a 3V pass. If you are skiing every day for a week it is cheaper to get a 6/7/8 day pass. And that's before adding the €30 fee.

The Liberty pass really becomes worthwhile if you are skiing random days during the season. or say every other day during a week when sharing childcare, or if the weather forecast is so bad that you anticipate missing a few days during the week.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Little Martin, I wondered about a season pass one year when I was doing a lot of training and exams in Courchevel, but I seem to recall you needed to be there for about 4 weeks before it started looking like a sensible option. Which reminds me I should check again if as a visiting (not working) instructor I can get anything off lift passes as I can in some other resorts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Little Martin, The liberty pass can be a viable option if you are doing 9 days or more. Day 9 is free and every 6th day afterwards is free. If you ski local to Courcheval for the odd day then you will only pay the local rate less the discount. The big advantage is if you want an off day perhaps due to storms etc then you don’t pay. It will also include the Saturday discount of 20% for 3V. My regular visitors use it every year.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Liberty pass costs 30 euro joining fee, then gets you 10% off daily rate, and 20% off on Saturday, so first 6 day week will by my calculation be 354 euro. Each subsequent week will get one day free, so 269 euro if it's a weekday you get free, or 275 euro if the free day falls on a Saturday. Little Martin is most likely only paying 240 euro for a 6 day week (if skiing with family), which to me seems like better value. I think the liberty pass is really about giving you more flexibility, rather than making it cheaper, so only makes financial sense for those who aren't skiing every day.
snow report
With the Liberty pass everyone needs to look at their individual circumstances and do their own calculations. I agree if compared to a family pass there are no benefits. Conversely if you sometimes ski the local pass area then benefits can start to accrue. Most of my visitors don’t do the 3V every day but ski the local LM area some days which gives a 20% liberty discount on the LM rate , Saturdays 50% , a straight 9 days can be cheaper for them and improves with longer stays or return visits.
latest report
I use the Liberty pass because I have a flat in Courchevel and I usually go out a few times a year. For my personal circumstance it is both more economical and more convenient (I don't have to queue for a pass each time and I only pay for full 3 Valley's if I venture into the other resorts). If you were only going out for a week or two and intend to ski every day I agree it may not be the best option for you.
snow report
Can't do family pass as it's 2 + 2, and thankfully I only have 1 to drain my money Wink

Tribu rate is the one I usually pay.

I usually get a 3v pass so 285 euro for 6 days
ski holidays
I've booked just the Courchevel area lift pass, does anyone know if this will entitle me to have 1 day full area included? I think I've heard of such things in other resorts.
latest report
You can upgrade your Courchevel area pass to the full area for a day by popping into the lift pass office, but you have to pay extra for the upgrade, it's not included.
ski holidays
@WillowWilson, if you are only going beyond the Courchevel valley for 1 day, the upgrade should be the cheapest way to do it. For 2 or more days the full 3 Valleys pass for the duration usually works out cheaper, as well as less hassle.
ski holidays
Thanks for the update on opening dates-watching the snow forecast avidly and will head out Dec 16th if looks decent.
ski holidays
Courchevel Lifts opening dates, pretty much everything open for Christmas week Smile

snow report
@ecureuil, Thanks. I'll be skiing with my girlfriend most of the time, except for 2 hrs a day when she'll be in lessons. I'll probable just stick to Courchevel, I've skied 3V a few times, but not spent much time in Courchevel - looking forward to getting to know it better.
ski holidays
Does anyone have any pictures of what Courchevel 1650 looks like as is, i dont believe the webcams

Also i see the women's world cup comes to town on the 19/20th Dec, so do i presume they will have the cannons on if not enough snow.

Thanks
snow conditions
Esdel wrote:
...Also i see the women's world cup comes to town on the 19/20th Dec, so do i presume they will have the cannons on if not enough snow.

I think it is just slalom, so it will probably only be on the (otherwise closed) Stade piste in 1850.
latest report
The Courchevel cam on here looks pretty good to me:

https://www.snoweye.com/?page=fr-savoie-3v
snow conditions
there's plenty of snow, not deep yet, but a lot better than previous years. They've made a huge amount of snow already too.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Which reminds me I should check again if as a visiting (not working) instructor I can get anything off lift passes as I can in some other resorts.

Nope.... Nada
snow conditions
not sure why you dont believe the webcams, it looks like there's a decent amount of snow around courchevel. the cannons have been blasting a lot of snow out of them, on top of the real stuff falling from the sky. if you look at the webcam at the top of 'le signal' chair you can see how low that reservoir is, that gives an indication of how much snow they've been making.

also keeping a regular watch on the webcam at the altiport and the one on top of the buildings in 1850 can give you a good indicator of how much has fallen. eg: they clear the runway, then when fresh snow falls you get an idea of how much has fallen. also in 1850 it is very heavily trafficked and you have trees to show how much snow they still have on them......
snow report
I just spoke to a chum who is in Val Thorens for a long weekend.

Very cold....but fantastic snow.
snow report
Woo hoo.... following too
ski holidays
Off to Val Thorens on Wed evening for 4 days! Snow this weekend and a current forecast of more on Thursday night into Friday. I don't think I've ever skied on fresh snow before so very excited! Looks pretty cold though snowHead
snow conditions
Looking good for snow from Friday onwards snowHead
ski holidays
I like red!

https://screenshots.firefox.com/liKXSniPdSE0Xc0i/wepowder.com
latest report
Nice map:)
snow conditions
Dubmuffin wrote:
Nice map:)
indeed!
snow conditions
Great! Just hoping Mr P can drive up the mountain to St Martin/Menuires this Sunday afternoon when he and a chum arrive to set up our winter rental for the season. Yours truly has to go to work next week, so couldn't go. I think the boys will get to go skiing though...am very jealous...They are back on Tuesday night.
snow conditions
Am watching the weather on a loop as hoping to sneak a few days from 16th -hoping there will be soft snow but no too much to drive up without chains ... Have put new winter tyres on car in anticipation. Can't believe that was only a few years ago that we had no useful weather forecasts so was a massive lottery
latest report
CourchGal wrote:
Am watching the weather on a loop as hoping to sneak a few days from 16th -hoping there will be soft snow but no too much to drive up without chains ... Have put new winter tyres on car in anticipation. Can't believe that was only a few years ago that we had no useful weather forecasts so was a massive lottery

it depends what you call useful forecasts. if you rely on anything beyond the 5-7 days ahead you may be sorely disappointed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy