Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier Snow Report 2017/2018-and useful links.

Poster: A snowHead
Well, it's started wink and to make it easier for you all, information on flights, transfers and other stuff will be added here as the start of the season approaches.

Flights next winter to Turin
BA (Heathrow and Gatwick)- www.ba.com-seems to be almost every day
Ryanair (Stansted and Dublin) -Daily
Easyjet (Bristol,Sun only), (Manchester, Sunday), (Gatwick, Thurs-Mon) (Luton, Sat)
Jet2 (Birmingham, Sat) (Edinburgh, Sat)

Bus transfers from Turin, Grenoble and Lyon Airport, and Oulx TGV stations https://www.linkbus-alps.com/en/
Ben's Bus from Grenoble Airport. https://www.bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/grenoble-airport-serre-chevalier-transfers

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 5-11-17 8:25; edited 4 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Hells Bells, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

Snow at around 2000m
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Gosh Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

and in the morning sunshine
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Galibier this morning

latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hells Bells wrote:
Flights next winter to Turin

Monarch (Birmingham, Sun)

don't know who may take over this route.

Started a tread on other stream but may be wrong place to post.

Looking for suggestions on accommodation as not skied here for over 30 years and only for one day.

Any help please. (2 adults, close to slopes but need a place to park as we always drive from UK.

Cheers

paul
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@nt.farmer, depending on dates have a look at my own website. Link is in my signature
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another superb marketing decision rolling eyes

https://www.dici.fr/actu/2017/10/18/navette-de-serre-chevalier-sera-payante-partir-de-cet-hiver-1068591

My daughters coming out 23rd Dec to Turin BA (eta 18:30 I think) so will be picking them up if anyone else coming in same time
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolute cr@p idea, only used the bus twice, hope it doesn't put people off having to pay.......
According to one of the comments SC is the only French resort charging for the ski shuttle bus Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@KenX, I was hoping it didn't put them off. We don't use the bus that often, but being up in Monetier, there are times when we've been over in Chantemerle and the link has closed. I know some of my guests with less experienced skiers in their party use it quite often. 2€ doesn't sound like much, but for a family of 4 that's 16€ per day.
Apparently the bus is funded by the communes and the SCV (tourist office I assume) has stopped conributing to the tune of 120,000€, saying it is going to be invested in new lifts !!! Might buy a pylon I suppose. rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Weathercam, not coming out until January this year, sons not coming out until March. Ski bus is free in Val Thorens/Les Menuires.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We started to use the bus a fair bit last season if only to go down to Chantermerle for drinks etc

See Galibier is closed due to snow
https://www.dici.fr/actu/2017/10/21/hautes-alpes-col-galibier-ferme-pendant-deux-jours-cause-de-neige-1069681
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Weathercam, we used the night bus a few times too, to go out for meals and such. It stops people being tempted to drive down.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Weathercam wrote:

See Galibier is closed due to snow
https://www.dici.fr/actu/2017/10/21/hautes-alpes-col-galibier-ferme-pendant-deux-jours-cause-de-neige-1069681

*Possible snow* may happen though, could be a bit in La Grave today Very Happy
latest report
Snowing is Serre Che according to Pinewood Chalets - have cam only operational 08:00 to 20:00 so will have to check first thing

http://www.stylealtitude.com/serrechevalierweathercam.html
ski holidays
None here, was a bit murky up Monetier way when we were in Chantemerle this pm.....
Light dusting on the higher peaks from a bit of drizzle last night
snow report
That's the Lautaret with a bit of snow that Pinewood posted, still close enough to get (a little) excited Very Happy
snow report
KenX wrote:
That's the Lautaret with a bit of snow that Pinewood posted, still close enough to get (a little) excited Very Happy

Up to their usual tricks already then rolling eyes
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:
KenX wrote:

Looks a lovely, but windy cold day there today!
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:

Always (over) enthusiastic when it comes to describing the conditions Laughing
ski holidays
Snowing here down to 2500m, 9.5 degrees in the valley and due to drop in the next few days Very Happy
latest report
@KenX, Cool . I can see some on the Bachas webcam Toofy Grin Very Happy
snow report
I see snow https://www.skaping.com/serrechevalier/monetier
snow report
More to come tonight, and lower down this time Very Happy
snow conditions
Big difference this morning between Serre Ratier and Bachas with Monetier looking to have far more.

We're planning on putting my old webcam up at Mike's Gite just below the Lautaret.

ETA in the valley is now 15th Nov Cool
snow conditions
Have been curious as to where the new Rocher Blanc lift is exactly and how much extra vertical we'd have to do when skinning back up from Les Combes after dropping off the back of Eychauda so seemed like a good excuse for a hike with Les Chiens.

We parked up from Puy Chalvin along from Puy St Andre rather than drive to Les Combes and took a steep track up that then mellowed out into some very nice larch terrain and then found ourselves above the tree line and could make out the new lift.

We hiked near to the old lift and knew the track as we'd been up there last autumn going to Chalet Serre Blanc me riding and the OH running.

The lift is actually only 10m down from Chalet Serre Blanc slap back next to the Croix de la Nore.

Now with the old lift closed that's actually going to open up far more slack country and hiking up was apparent that with good snow cover a descent down to Puy St Andre would seem like a good option and either skin back or is there a navette ?

Video shows photos and locations of lift.

http://youtube.com/v/BAGSmtuQK18
snow report
KenX wrote:
The navette's called LynnX Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@KenX, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Was looking for obvious bus stops and there was one in St Andre and another right outside the Chez Bear junction but tried Googling and found nothing, though sure the Chez Bear team will know.

Really good option for a big dump powder day, and safe.
snow conditions
Hello, hopefully going to SC for the first time in January - can't wait. Can I ask questions in here or is this strictly weather reports?
snow report
@moseyp,entirely up to you.
snow conditions
Great, I've a couple of lift pass questions. This might seem stupid but I couldn't figure it out the way it was worded online - when you get a six day lift pass I see you get other days in some nearby resorts like AdH, L2A, La Grave - is that one day in each resort or one day in just one resort? Are they all nearby, short bus ride or tricky to get around?

Also do you know if there's any instructor or ISIA discount on lift passes?
latest report
@moseyp, I think if you have a 'pupil' with you who is also buying a lift pass there's discount on passes at the ski pass office window if you show your ISIA card. This is what the ski pass website says on using in other resorts (it doesn't include La Grave, although there is a discount for season pass holders)
Quote:
You get 1 FREE ski day in each of these ski areas *

Sestrières/Vialattea and Puy-Saint-Vincent from 23/12/2017 to 08/04/2018
L’Alpe d'Huez from 23/12/2017 to 21/04/2018
Les 2 Alpes et Montgenèvre from 23/12/2017 to 22/04/2018
snow report
@Hells Bells, so does that mean three days in other resorts, one in each of the three?
ski holidays
@moseyp, yes, one day in each of the resorts mentioned.
latest report
It's actually 5 resorts though not 3.
snow report
@Hells Bells, cool! Thanks
ski holidays
I have a sneaky weekend out in Serre Chevalier mid Jan. Saturday and Sunday I'm skiing in Serre Chevalier. I'm flying out of Turin monday night at 1900 and need to be in turin airport about 1700. where best to ski to max out my skiing time on the Monday if I get up early Monday morning?
snow report
@dan100, First lifts at Montgenevre or Claviere might be a good option, as it puts you well on the journey, and pistes are conveniently close to the road for a sharp exit.
latest report
@dan100, if it were me, and this is what we regularly do, drive down to Cesana and take the fast gondola up to Sans Sicario and into Sestrierre.
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9463117,6.8005611,479m/data=!3m1!1e3

That way you're already down the mountain and plus lift pass will be cheaper (and food) than a day in Montgenevre and skiing is a little limited in Claviere - as you can see from the link you park right by the lift.

Sauze is another option and you'll be even closer to Turin and it's not far up the hill from Oulx.

And if getting up early then parking, which can be a pain in Sauze you can minimise the hassle and park up from the lift and ski down to get your pass and then at the end of the day just ski to your car.

We park just down from the Chalet de Sole
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.0250992,6.8637227,16.71z
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy