Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Gregstravels and I have rented a place in central Chamonix for the season so will be back and forth (solo and together) from 1st December to end of April. If anyone is in the area looking for a buddy for a day on the slopes or beer in the evening, shout.

We're both pretty decent skiers - and hopefully will be even more decent by the end of the season.

Any tips on skiing / drinking / eating / living in Chamonix from any local Snowheads will be most welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Becksens, my word, on and off for 5 months is pretty good going. I presume that you have already bought an annual pass?

To help with pointing you in the right direction, it would be helpful to know if you are young or old, what proportion of the time are you likely to be out there, and will you be working or not?

For instance, I am very old, and if I were a youngster looking for good things in Chamonix, I would want to be a long way from me.

I am guessing that you will just be skiing and not touring and all that suffering stuff.

Have a great season; it is a remarkable place.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Becksens, I will have a short break early January (5-Cool, at the moment on my own, would happily meet you guys for some skiing & a beer Smile
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi HammondR and Gustavobs, and thanks for the replies!

Would PM work best? I haven't worked out how to do that yet (which is probably more indicative of intellect than age) but bear with me and I will get it sussed soon.

Becks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Becksens, there are restaurant comments elsewhere on the forum, if you search.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's a great town to do a season in- get yourselves along to Monkey Bar/Bighorn in Cham Sud or Bardup/The Pub in the middle and you will meet lots of seasonaires- likewise The Office Bar in Argentiere. If you join the Chamonix facebook group you will find lots of info. Well done on even finding season accommodation- like hen's teeth!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Becksens, don’t forget to get across to Verbier if you like your off piste. I think you get a few days included on your pass!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Becksens, have you bought your season passes yet?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
i'll be around all season if you need a hand with anything.

with any luck by the time you turn up on the 1st of December the lifts will already be open Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@Becksens, there are restaurant comments elsewhere on the forum, if you search.

Thanks - I will try and find that (any clues where to look)?

B
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BobinCH wrote:
@Becksens, don’t forget to get across to Verbier if you like your off piste. I think you get a few days included on your pass!

Good shout - that is what we are working up to... fingers crossed
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@Becksens, have you bought your season passes yet?

Yes - it was a mission but we did it and got the discount (thanks to a Snowhead who posted an alert on the forum)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
eddiethebus wrote:
i'll be around all season if you need a hand with anything.

with any luck by the time you turn up on the 1st of December the lifts will already be open Very Happy

Why thank you! We've a day of admin on 1st and then we hit the slopes....hopefully. Doing the snow dance / checking the weather reports and snowcams as I type.

It would be great to catch up out there. Once I've worked out PM I'll be in touch. Thanks!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Becksens, the button at the top of the page marked “search” is a bizarrely useful tool...

Really, seriously, rather than retyping the whole thing ...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Becksens, no, I’m sorry, that’s useless. Comments to follow from real keyboard... Embarassed
snow report
Don’t forget to spend a bit of time in Courmayeur. Some superb skiing and trees to go at, and from my relatively limited experience, doesn’t get tracked out anywhere near as quickly as Chamonix.
snow conditions
We are up most weekends.

Our favourite restos are Bighorn, Annapurna (actually a very respectable curry and lovely staff), Boccalatte, if you want a smart night out then Mickey at the Mont Blanc is hard to beat, MBC on ribs night, ...

the new Beer O'Clock is great Happy otherwise I am these days likin' the Brasserie des Sports, Irish, etc.

And the Pub, if you really want to hear British accents...

And the Vag.
snow report
Hello Becksens (and co).

Apologies for jumping into your thread but I too have decided to attempt a part time season in Chamonix! I am skier (on and off piste) as well as a ski tourer. First trip planned for the 15-19 December so if you fancy a ski or a pint just let me know. Keeping fingers crossed for some good snow!
latest report
lucky lucky guys & gal....what a season to look forward to, you have a massive playground, enjoy, keep safe & have fun...

not envious in the least Puzzled Confused Cool
latest report
Thanks all. We will be down at Christmas time - waiting to see how the snow is before committing the start, but definitely there from the 22nd onwards until the 3rd of Jan. Then more weekends and weeks after that. Anyone around Christmas and New Years time? Would be great to meet up for a ski and/or an apres-ski.
snow report
Hi GregT,

I'm in Argentiere from the 26th Dec to Jan 2 (or may extend till the 6th). Pm me I'd love to meet up for a ski or beer.

Horgand
latest report
Just back in From a little pootle around Les Houches. Most solid start to the season in a LONG time snowHead Cool Laughing
ski holidays
I’m in Chamonix from 13th to 20th January and looking for someone to ski with, however I will be 63 on 18th (birthday bash) and my best skiing days are behind me.
ski holidays
current plan:

5/1 friday - half day brevent (arrival ~ 11:00 in town)
6/1 saturday - vallorcine/le tour
7/1 sunday - les houches
8/1 monday - brevent (slightly early finish depending transfer time)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy