Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2018 Calendar - Urgent call to upload!!!

Poster: A snowHead
snowHeads 2018 Calendar
Closing date for submission of images is midnight Wednesday 15th November and closing date for votes is midnight Monday 20th November

We are back and we are here! Here to find and share your best mountain photos with the world! We will be holding a voting period for a few days after the closing date, and it is essential you all get in your photos as fast as possible. As usual final choice will still come down to us but using your votes as a guide.

The rules are simple: you can submit up to 3 pics
Any more and all will be disqualified Sad
, taken in the past 12 months which will be judged by your fellow snow lovers. A selection of the top rated photos will be printed in the 2018 snowHeads calendar, with one on the cover.

Upload here: http://snowmediazone.com/the_zone/g1281-2017-vintage.html

Calendar design dictates all 13 of the photos (12 months + cover) should be landscape, not portrait. (That's a sideways, as opposed to upright, orientation.)

To ensure good print quality we'll need a hi-resolution version of your image. Some phone images taken low-res really won't cut it, so please check you've got decent versions of the photos you choose to submit. ("DPI is completely irrelevant. It's pixels that count. As a minimum you probably want something like 1400x1050, or better." - allanm, 13/10/14)

If you're new to this, the place to upload your entries is here: snowMedia zone (under the tab 'snowBase'), then in 'Champagne Powder' you'll find the 'Vintage 2017 - pics for the 2018 calendar' folder.

Remember to add a brief description: what it's of, and when and where it was taken.

To enter a photo already uploaded to the snowMedia zone, use the ‘edit’ function to copy it across to the 'vintage 2017' collection. You must only submit pictures to which you own copyright, or have written permission from the copyright owner for publication. If your username on snowMediaZone isn't exactly the same as your snowHeads one - let us know who you are in the image description!!

Closing date for submission of images is Wednesday 15th November. Entries have already been submitted so get uploading now! final selection will be made on Wednesday 22th November to ensure calendars are made and delivered in good time for Christmas. As usual, winning photographers will be sent a calendar for the cost of postage.

Best of luck!

Note: As in previous years, the final choice will be guided by the ratings rather than defined by them, to ensure balance and variation throughout the set.
You may rate your own photo(s) as 10's (or anything you think fair) as are you welcome to rate others' but please don't go tactically voting other pics down - it just makes a mess of the ratings so we end up having to ignore them altogether. It's also rather against the spirit of things so if we see it happening we're just going to consider the person doing so a less worthy candidate for inclusion Sad

Remember: to vote for your favourites, you need to be logged into the snowMedia Zone!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
And we're off... regular contributor Alistair Pink with a strong contender as usual while Ray Zorro cannily goes for the less hotly contended Summer shot snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've just uploaded 3 but my Snow Media account is still under my old username from 5 years ago Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Gregory, Golly gosh, I nearly missed this! Shocked

Will make a note to vote on the 16th when they're all in snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Claude B, I think I can change your username if you wish - just say the word wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Yoda, Yes please Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tis done Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Yoda, Ta very much Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm probably being a bit thick, but how do you upload photos to the snow media zone?
Note: i can see the vintage 2017 gallery but cant see where to upload the photos.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm thick too...having same problem
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Haha.... Not just me then!
Any help would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you're logged in, one of the square blue buttons at the top (which don't look as though they have anything to do with the gallery) says "Upload Photos"
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toofy Grin you do have to register and log in to be able to upload wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had missed this until the email today. I'll upload tonight.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You're far from alone n that @horizon.
I was concerned yesterday that we only had 12 pics from which to choose the 13 we need for the calendar Confused
The selection is looking much healthier now snowHead
snow report
I'm still having trouble.... Im logged in and Im subscribed to the gallery. Still cant see an "upload Photos box".
Just have the boxes - home, members list, my photos, my favourites, profile, messages & logout. Then the vintage 2017 gallery below.
Sorry to be a pain, but its doing my head in!
latest report
for those who can't see the upload photos button, are you sure you've logged into snowmediazone (and not just into snowheads)?
snow report
Yes. Definitely logged in separately as my passwords are different.
snow conditions
@Christiano, are you using a different user name as well? I can't see you in the member list Puzzled
latest report
No same user. Do I need to do something to my account?
ski holidays
I don't know - I can't see any profile settings which might be relevant. I hope an admin can take a look for you.
snow report
@Christiano, did you get a confirmation email where you had to click a link?

I'm clutching at straws... but that was the suggestion here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=8526&start=160
snow conditions
Dont know.... have been a regisetred user for a while on the man site. Only registered today on the snow zone media to upload photos and no email was required.
Dont worry... knock it on the head....and thanks for trying to help.
snow report
snowHead

hopefully @Yoda might be able to sort it out when time permits
ski holidays
@Christiano, you were showing as unregistered which means you hadn't clicked on the link in the registration email (check your spam folder?). I've manually set you to registered so you should be good to go.....

Your "difficulty" has revealed a feature which I hadn't appreciated - it is possible for a user on the "unregistered" list to log in, but as you have discovered you are unable to upload or post comments.

Sorry for any confusion that has arisen there - but the registration page does say check your email Toofy Grin

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 13-11-17 18:00; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I can’t seem to upload my photo. Do I need to register a new username and password again? snowMedia zone doesn’t seem to recognise my user name....
ski holidays
I'm glad it's not just me that has trouble with snowMedia Zone. I gave up years ago. Not that anybody's missing anything, I'm a useless photographer.
latest report
@aewynia, that name is not in the zone user list at all, which suggests that you haven't tried to register it Puzzled

@Hurtle, thanks dahling Toofy Grin rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes I’ve just registered now thanks @Yoda.

Next question: you upload to the folder 2017 vintage?

Thanks everyone snowHead
snow report
@aewynia, for calendar candidates yes - although you can choose additional categories during the process if you have any particular desire to do so Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Okay - I got over-enthusiastic and submitted too many photos. Help!

Please can someone teach me how I can retract/delete some of my photos to limit it to 3.... please? Skullie
snow conditions
aewynia, when you view the picture in mediazone, on the right theres the photo details - click on 'edit photo' and down near the bottom theres a box to tick to delete - tick it and update.
snow report
Ahh thank you very much @Bones! snowHead
latest report
I hope my 3 pictures are... adequate. wink
latest report
Too many great pics, not enough months Little Angel
snow conditions
So many great pictures, they're all worthy of being in. That having been said I'll look forward to the calendar.
snow report
This might be a silly question, but do we use the Stars on the Right to Rate the photo, or the Poor to Excellent in the Add a Comment section? Puzzled
latest report
Done. Hard to choose, even for the same photo between colour and BW.
ski holidays
@Izzop, if you use the Poor to Excellent it will automatically set the star rating accordingly. If you use the star rating the option box for Poor to Excellent will disappear and your star rating will show. It's a kind of magic.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 14-11-17 9:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@horizon, most of my colour photos are BW Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy