Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New year last minute

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the chances of picking up a very cheap last minute deal for new year after Xmas? Just me travelling and not really bothered area but prefer one of the bigger areas in the alps. Will contact the big players on the 27th iglu etc also following as much small operators as possible on Facebook but deals are more for Xmas. Any more tips on where to look?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cheap? between Christmas and new year?

You should still be able to find a place, but doubt it will be cheap.

maybe you can try airbnb?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rare to find anything cheap for one person - big single supplements often come into play! I think your chances are slim - but not non-existent. Why not give it a go? Or find a mate who will do a last minute with you, sharing.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@WASHOUT, I feel a bit more optimistic there are always cancellations (illness etc) and places coming available, particularly in in the larger multiple occupancy chalets. I recommend holding your nerve and building rapport with the tour operators whom you might persuade to contact you should they have late availability.

I really hope that it does not happen but the poor snow of recent Yuletide weeks led to many cancellations as people simply did not bother travelling.

Good luck!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Much appreciated. I am going to sit on it and wait, bag will be packed and ready to go if a deal comes up. Already on the Psb and took up jamski's offer of free accommodation for the 16th Dec.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@WASHOUT, May have a spare space in s/c chalet 1st -6th Jan in Morzine. Will know for sure around 20th Dec
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi @WASHOUT,

We've got a single room left in our chalet campanules which doesn't have a supplement if that might help for new year?

www.ice-fire.co.uk
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
much appreciated. Only problem with a DIY is flights are pretty expensive, i think i may be better with a package.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much flexibility do you have on where you fly from? There are still a few bargains to be had for those dates (I've got a little spreadsheet Happy) Feel free to pm me if you don't want to post your location.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In similar flexible boat, 2 of us, all or part of New Year week. On and off piste. With other teens for my daughter would be even better.

Suggestions much appreciated.

(Expense seems to be more in getting from airport to resort than anything else if flying, so may go by train as cheaper overall, which means Tarantaise or Chamonix areas, but maybe Austria has cheaper flight transfers? Tips welcome.)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@WASHOUT, Hi, I often use Sno Co in London or Ski Kings, haggle on the price Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy