Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy Tarentaise

Poster: A snowHead
Press release , Ste Foy opening race piste early for the French team and ski clubs from Saturday till the official opening mid Dec .

SAINTE FOY TARENTAISE SUPPORTS SKI RACING
Ski clubs and the French ski team are meeting at Sainte Foy from 25/11/17
In an environment where future ski champions have difficulty finding training courses and are sometimes forced to use foreign snowdomes, Sainte Foy is opening with perfect training conditions to get ready for the new competition season.
This year, Sainte Foy is welcoming the FFS and ski clubs from 25/11-16/12 to prepare for the new season's racing calendar. In this Olympic year, the Savoie ski committee and the FFS have chosen Sainte Foy as their preferential training ground. This has been made possible thanks to the motivation of the resort and the new snowmaking equipment. With its FIS-approved race course on the Arpettaz lift there are three training courses provided (am and pm) which allow budding champions to develop without having to travel far and to make best use of the snowmaking facilities of the resort.
Top level skiers will also be present over this three week period to prepare for the first Val d'Isere competitions. World Cup entrants have already been booked to prepare for the competition this year.
This initiative will also ensure the best possible conditions for our official opening on 17th December. The forecast cold weather heralds a good early snowfall and great conditions according to Francois Piquet, the director of the lift company.
Quality snow conditions
With the low temperatures and recent snow, this youngest of the resorts in the area looks set for a great start to the 2017/18 season.
Thanks to its NW orientation, Sainte Foy is privileged to benefit from excellent snow cover and benefits from easterly winds from Italy which are frequently snow-laden. The forested areas of the resort also allow skiing even when foggy conditions close surrounding resorts. The addition of 13 more snow cannons has further reinforced the resort's ability to optimise the snow conditions on the race course but also on the other popular pistes.

CONTACT PRESSE: AGENCE CLAIR DE LUNE Elise Mogenier & Fabienne Boccard
Tél. : +33 (0)4 72 07 31 96 - +33 (0)6 82 43 61 00 elise.mogenier@clairdelune.fr
www.clairdelune.fr
CONTACT STATION
Anne Marmottan Tél. : +33 (0)4 79 06 95 22 dir@saintefoy.net
Did you know that when storms force neighbouring resorts to close their higher sectors, Sainte Foy offers excellent tree skiing in the lower part of the resort which is sheltered from the wind!
Cliquez ici si vous souhaitez ne plus recevoir d'emails de notre part
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, gonna cruise up tomorrow for a look!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How has the resort held up following the rain? Looks like it's taken a bit of a hammering lower down!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The trails have generally held up pretty well.

http://m.webcam-hd.com/ste-foy-tarentaise/front-de-neige
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BiG_tYrOnE, all good for now, there's an absolutely massive base that isn't going anywhere. Should be puking to resort level overnight tonight (pounding with rain and only just above freezing at my house down at 850m), we'll see tomorrow!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Sainte Foy regulars
@stevomcd, @Rob Mackley,
Here is as good as anywhere I guess. I'm travelling from Australia in April and will do a week in Tignes prior to the End of Season Bash and then the bash in Val Thorens. Just thinking about logistics of doing a half day skiing in Sainte Foy on the Saturday in between the two destinations. I'd have to catch the early bus from Tignes to Sainte Foy and then the afternoon bus from Sainte Foy to Bourg so I can get the train to Moutiers and up to Val Thorens. I think I can get my head around that but I'm wondering if there is anywhere in Sainte Foye to store my luggage for the day??
I understand it'll be a faff but I may never get to the region again and I'd like to add to my ski area count anyway. Smile
Thanks in advance.
Simon
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sbooker, Good to try and fit it in , but remember the Tignes Bourg bus stops in the village rather than the ski station so you will have to catch the navette/bus up to the Station and back so another leg in the trip , storing luggage I’m not sure of. I don’t know when these trips are but the station shuts on April 14th 24 this season so if that is Sat the 13th there will be lots of fun and games taking place on the hill that day , Saintefoyrians take the last day of the season very seriously.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Rob Mackley, more reason to check it out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@sbooker, storing luggage call the tourist office you will find them very helpful also they will let you know the navette time table . On the last day there are lots of fancy dress races on the Main Stade run including two man ski races yes that’s two on the same ski .
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@sbooker, wot aboot skipping one day in Tignes and instead have 1.5 days. 0.5 days is very limited imo
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mooney058, not a bad idea but I’m keen on doing some days with Snoworks or TDC or similar while at Tignes. We’ll see how things go as we get closer I suppose.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sbooker, ask them to take you to St Foy and eg ski La Monal Wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Does anyone know whether Sainte Foy still offers midweek lift pass discounts via the Super U receipts in Bourg St Maurice? If so, is it only for Wednesdays or for any weekday?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@denfinella, has always been just Wed and Sat . I won’t know if it’s happening this year till I get my till receipt at Super U this Xmas/ New Year . The ticket office were doing lots different offers last season so it’s best to look at the website before hand .
Alternatively join the Sainte Foy Facebook site and pose the question someone will know .
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Rob Mackley, thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye on the website and maybe join the FB group nearer the time then. If you remember, please post on here if you get that receipt at Christmas!

We'll likely be making a day trip in January and should have some flexibility around days, so may be able to work it to our advantage.
snow report
@denfinella, Where will you be making a day trip from ??
ski holidays
@Rob Mackley, Moutiers area, so wouldn't be passing through BSM until the morning we were skiing.

Obviously lots of other options for day trips from there, but more interested in the smaller ski areas as have been to the bigger ones multiple times before. Pralognan la Vanoise, Valmorel (likely at the weekend), Areches-Beaufort etc. also on the list.
snow report
@denfinella, Great to have a ski safari Eh oh! any SF tips happy to oblige , it’s a great little area but of course it all depends on the weather and snow . There is a must do for lunch luckily it’s not too expensive and you can now book rather than fight for a table .
snow report
Thanks - what's the name of the lunch place?
snow report
Brevettes , but without wishing to upset any of my friends there are a couple of other great places to eat , however I generally do coffee at Les Marquise and Lunch at Brevettes if I do not return to the station . I actually had lunch there the first time I visited in 2002 or 03 can’t remember the date but remember the lunch , omelette in a frying pan . Lovely small place with quite a big terrace , famous for its omelettes and different Raviolis . But mostly I opt for the plat du jour and surprise myself , it’s always good ……. all dishes are under €20
You may get the odd moan about abrupt staff but they are really nice , just busy .

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1315378-d2467067-r195534038-Les_Brevettes-Sainte_Foy_Tarentaise_Savoie_Auvergne_Rhone_Alpes.html
snow report
@Rob Mackley, thanks, will keep in mind Very Happy not too bothered about service anyway as long as the food is good!
ski holidays
The service at Les Marquise is great if you start with a “bonjour” and a smile.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy