Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Guided Touring in Kyrgyzstan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am in the process of organising a couple of ski touring trips to Kyrgyzstan this coming February / March (25th Feb - 3rd March and 4th - 10th March 2018.

If this is of interest to anyone, please take a look at the below link and get in touch.

http://remote-corner.com/ski-touring-kyrgyzstan/

The cost is £849 per person and includes all food, transfers accommodation and guides. Flights, believe it or not, are actually quite reasonable from the UK too.

Would be great to hear what you guys think.

Cheers,
Alex[/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sary tash seems a little low? Do you drive each day to the start of the skin up? I would have thought sary mogol may be a better choice - could camp out at tulpar kol or pik Lenin base camp. (Actually met a guy ski touring from camp 1 last July). Price is a little on the high side for Kyrgyzstan - jyrgalan its $50 per day for 4-5 snowmobile drops or about $15 per day for horse skiing, sussamyr is €60 per day cat skiing. Will be heading out to karakol/jyrgalan next month (can only do early season) but will try write something up when I get back.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looks good value.

But company has only been in existence for a couple weeks and there are few contact details on the site.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the feedback both.

Boarder2020: Sary Tash is at just below 3200m so receives plenty of good snow in February / March, and the routes take us to 4400m. To be honest, I wouldn't want to go much higher on a one week trip as I am not expecting any of the participants to have prior acclimatisation. And, yes, we are driving short distances to begin the routes each day. I am familiar with Jyrgalan - it's a nice area - somewhat lower than Sary Tash I believe.

Whitegold: thanks. And yes we are a new company, in fact these ski trips would be our first - got to start somewhere. Contact details are listed in the individual trip pages and on the 'contact us' page. Appreciate the feedback though and will update the homepage to include these too.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry, lower was the wrong word. I mean it seems further away from the potential slopes than other spots e.g. sary mogol. Thats from what I remember seeing in summer though, maps may prove me very wrong.

I think you are potentially onto a winner. Its just going to be getting the first few people to sign up so you can start to build up a reputation. I imagine some will be a little nervous trusting a new company, but not a lot you can do about that. Some photos/videos of the area might help (a lot of people have no idea what Kyrgyzstan looks like so even summer photos might help). If your not already in touch with him the guy at visit alay is a good contact to have - very knowledge and open.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ah OK - slight mis-understanding. Appreciate the additional feedback - I do have a fair few photos so will get some more online when I get a few minutes.

I wasn't familiar with Visit Alay but have just checked the website out and it looks good, thanks for the tip.

Alex
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've forgot his name, but the visit alay guy works out of osh cbt. Its worth dropping by when your in osh. As I said he's a good guy, very interested in developing new tourism and helping people doing new things.

There's a ski scene in arslanbob too, which is not that far from osh. Ime the CBT there are really bad though - they don't want to give out any information or help independent travellers. Only interested if you are paying to use their guides. The main guy was off on a 10 day horse trek though so maybe its better when he is there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds great. Good luck!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boarder2020 wrote:
I've forgot his name, but the visit alay guy works out of osh cbt. Its worth dropping by when your in osh. As I said he's a good guy, very interested in developing new tourism and helping people doing new things.

Thanks again. Will try and make contact, sounds like a useful guy to know.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FYI

Kyrgyzstan

Terrorism is not the major concern there but ..

There is a high risk of earthquakes. Tremors are frequent.

Familiarise yourself with earthquake proceedures.

In the mountains, avalanches and landslides are frequent during and after.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Stanton. Our guide is very experienced in the region and has received a good level of international training, so is familiar with the associated risks.

Thank you for raising it nonetheless.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not for me just yet (young family so all my money is going on them and the family trip) but a couple of points:

It seems a bit light on information, I realise you're a new company but if i was spending £850, I would be put off. I imagine if I called/e-mailed you I'd get loads of info but with the website being so lightweight, I'm not sure I'd get that far.

I'd like more info on the "guides". State any qualifications, add a headshot and a little bio underneath.

Fill out the "about us" section. It currently reads a bit like someone trying to turn a gap year into a business without putting enough effort into it. I doubt this is the case so, like the guide bit, add headshots of who's involved, a bio about you, add routes/peaks you've climbed, what you've skied down etc.

Good luck with the endeavour. You can have the best product (in your case, run amazing trips) but you need to sell them too!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Galpinos: some constructive feedback - thanks. Will have a look at this and update the site.

Cheers
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Like the idea of this but for UK skiers this competes with a number of more established operators eg heading for Tien Shan. The guide seems to be about 23 (based on online searching so this may be wrong) and it could be very difficult to insure this type of trip if he is not a qualified mountain guide. Have you looked at that as it could be a real issue if you have any issues in the group? I also don't think the photo of him is the one you should use. It's on my list (with Georgia) so I will keep an eye out for next season
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Chris,

I appreciate there are a few other operators in Kyrgyzstan, although the prices vary drastically and some operators (40 tribes for example) are charging in excess of $2500 pp for a similar package. It is true that Shamurat is not an IFMGA certified guide and I feel I have been quite open about this. He has, however, been guiding for 7 years and has received appropriate training for the terrain he is working in (note we are not operating in glaciated terrain). My Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance does cover this trip with Shamurat guiding. I have also been running through the various requirements of BS8848 (Specification for the provision of visits,fieldwork, expeditions and adventurous activities outside the United Kingdom) with him so we have suitable procedures in place in advance of the trips.

Georgia is also a great destination and I'm hoping to get a ski trip running there during the 2018/19 season.

Cheers,
Alex
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy