Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Good Lunch/snack stops Dolomites

Poster: A snowHead
@olderscot,
Quote:
I'm not even sure I've ever been down that run but I'll make sure I get there in February.
it is quite a nice little run if you carry on down the red from the hut to pick up the lower Pralongia chair. If you bend to the left at the hut and go past the bottom of the drag lift and carry on to La Viza then it is a pretty flat blue from memory. Del Sole is the much nicer run back from Pralongia down to La Viza, so I suppose not many people come down Incisa (which is itself nice) to head to La Viza. The red is pretty narrow through a valley in woods, I recall enjoying it in fresh fallen snow ...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ALQ wrote:
SteveM wrote:
...I think Las Vegas above San Cassiano is also rated by a number of folk although I have not been there myself....

Shocked
We should fix that on this trip captain!!

So many lunch places, so few days! But you never know, maybe yes.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SteveM wrote:
...So many lunch places, so few days!..

Very true.
I need to do 2 weeks one year and carry a piste map with me to work out where I am, where I’ve been, where I’m going and where these refugios are. rolling eyes

Reading this thread is doing my head in coz I’ve been to almost all these pistes and Refugios before, but I’ll be b@ggered if I can remember which ones they are Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SteveM,

Quote:

Del Sole is the much nicer run back from Pralongia down to La Viza, so I suppose not many people come down Incisa (which is itself nice) to head to La Viza. The red is pretty narrow through a valley in woods, I recall enjoying it in fresh fallen snow ...

I've been down Pista Del Sole quite a few times but will definitely try out Incisa and the La Marmotta - Planac Red.

Just to add to the list of Refugios, The Punta Trieste does good ribs and has a lovely sunny terrace with great views. It does get busy though so it can be hard to find a table. It's on the Pralongia II - Punta Trieste blue (some of their piste naming is very logical).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jellylegs wrote:
I've always liked the look of the one at the top of the Passo Padon, I think its called Rifigio Padon? I've never eaten there but the views must be amazing. Anyone been there?

Great views over to the Marmolada, they have the flags of all nations flying along the edge of the terrace. I've stopped for a drink and Kaiserschmarren (Pancakes with sweet cranberry jam).

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Crikey! Think I'd better get on to my insurers fast to increase coverage against clogged arteries Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
'Opposite' Las Vegas at the top of the Biok lift is Utia de Bioch, nearly got snowed in there last March and wouldn't have complained. Great food and if you like steak, (we went a bit mad on a boys trip considering it was a late lunch) we ordered their special on a hotplate.... I've never seen four bigger, or eaten better fillets. The tray was greeted by a round of applause by the whole restaurant (I'll try and upload a photo) which was only surpassed by the gasp when we'd pre-ordered two extra portions of chips!!

A real treat, highly recommended and go 1 between 2 on the steaks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just stayed in Colfosco for a week and have been mightily impressed with the quality and variety of the food at all the rifugios we've visited. The best hot chocolates I've ever tasted, delicious sweet pancakes, lots of speck and fresh bread, lovely dumpling soups, mushroom pasta, veal, pizzas, and much more. Along with the fantastic skiing, we have been completely won over by this area and plan to come back as soon as we can!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That's exactly what I like to hear...

Om nom nom
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
[quote="SteveM"]

We have never been very successful at finding good places on the Skitour Panorama (Alba-Pozza), Valeruz, Al Zedron, Buffaure and Malga Al Crocifisso all seem to have disappointed a bit.

Maybe I need to try the place that @cameronphillips2000 refers to above - would that be Pizzeria Winkler?

Pizzeria Winkler is not on the mountain but in Pozza. Exit to the right of Buffaure and it is just along past San Nicolo Hotel. (We stayed at San Nic and their bar wasn't bad, quite lively compared to some in Pozza.) Winkler we ate at twice and they do do a mean pizza and were v friendly.

If staying in Pozza - I was recommended the Miro Bar by a local. Tiny frontage on square with nativity in it - great reggae tunes playing and always a decent plate of nibbles given with drinks.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Has anyone been to the apres ski bar in Corvara.....L'Murin.? Skied past during the day on the run down to the Col Alto lift but never seen anyone in there or it being open?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Simon94 wrote:
Has anyone been to the apres ski bar in Corvara.....L'Murin.? Skied past during the day on the run down to the Col Alto lift but never seen anyone in there or it being open?

Stoped in there most nights on my way down. Always people in there from 4pm onwards. Opening times are: from 15.45 to 20.45. had some good fun in there. Was never really busy but this was a mid March trip so we didnt expect it to be. I used to then ski from there back to my hotel near the bottom of the hill.

The apres doesn't compare with some Austrian resorts I've been to (Saalbach, Wagrain) but there were plenty of punters dancing and singing most afternoons. Otherwise in Corvara village there's not much else Apres wise apart from the small umbrella bar near the Borest gondola and the small bar round the back of the Boe gondola station

However there are a couple of huts playing apre type music just up the mountain: Capanna nera and La Baita hut. Think also Boconara hut advertises Apres ski ,though I never stopped there late afternon
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ghost Dog wrote:
There are no bad restaurants in ALta Badia, but some very pricey ones.

We liked Las Vegas and Bamby.

Sadly I have to disagree - we got lured into this place by the smell of the meat grilling on the barbecues on the deck..

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g194897-d5860457-Reviews-Rifugio_Ciampai-San_Cassiano_Province_of_South_Tyrol_Trentino_Alto_Adige.html

The food was not as good as it tasted , and was very expensive...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm in awe of the detailed knowledge people have of such a large area. I went last season for the first time and although I have many happy memories of various areas visited i struggle to remember details of where they are. I'm going back this year, (week after the BB) and hope to attempt to pay more attention this time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Soldanella is excellent. It is open winter daytimes. At least it was when I was last there.
snow report
sheffskibod wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:

Sadly I have to disagree - we got lured into this place by the smell of the meat grilling on the barbecues on the deck..

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g194897-d5860457-Reviews-Rifugio_Ciampai-San_Cassiano_Province_of_South_Tyrol_Trentino_Alto_Adige.html

I think I know what you mean....
snow report
Roguevfr wrote:
sheffskibod wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:

I think I know what you mean....

My sentence reads as though I have had a couple of bombardinos!!
latest report
sheffskibod wrote:
Ghost Dog wrote:

Ok, there are no bad restaurants in Alta Badia bar one Smile
snow report
My daughter got food poisoning from ciampai last week due to uncooked meat. It smells amazing which is why she really wanted to go there. So avoid it completely
The other bad one is called Col gallinia or something like that at the bottom of the 3 person chair lift on the 5 torre avoid that too.
But in 5 weeks in Alta Badia they are the only two dreadful ones.
The rest are down to personal taste and budget
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy